Royal Laundry

Todd320

I just wanted to give a shout out to the Royal Princess laundry. We are Elite and have taken a 10 day cruise on her every month from NOV to MAR this season and the Royal has virtually gotten the laundry back to us the next day. I would always put out a bag in the morning and a bag before dinner. Yes I realize the number of elites onboard is factor but we have had several 700 elite numbers on the Royal this season.

We did 2 Regal 10 day halloween cruises the last 2 years and the laundry took several days.

We experienced one-day turnaround on the Royal during January and February also. Now if they could just return our clothes without melted buttons, holes, or black stains we would be even happier.

We experienced one-day turnaround on the Royal during January and February also. Now if they could just return our clothes without melted buttons, holes, or black stains we would be even happier.

Hi Lew,

Did that happen to you too :mad:. How do they make those little holes in your clothes??

Go Patriots!!!

Tony

Hi Lew,

Did that happen to you too :mad:. How do they make those little holes in your clothes??

Go Patriots!!!

Tony

Hey Tony... We missed you on the Royal. I told you if you weren't there the Pats would lose. :rolleyes:

We won't be seeing you next year either...unless you're cruising the Pacific. We're doing some coastals on the Ruby then Hawaii and the South Pacific on the Star. We'll be watching the Pats play in the Super Bowl at home. That's going to be different...as least I won't have to get up at 6:00am to claim a lounge chair!

Take care...

wxO4PgJpFN9vjRskNLQ7vFfEIlkWUc.png

I just wanted to give a shout out to the Royal Princess laundry. We are Elite and have taken a 10 day cruise on her every month from NOV to MAR this season and the Royal has virtually gotten the laundry back to us the next day. I would always put out a bag in the morning and a bag before dinner. Yes I realize the number of elites onboard is factor but we have had several 700 elite numbers on the Royal this season.

We did 2 Regal 10 day halloween cruises the last 2 years and the laundry took several days.

Just curious ... 2 bags a day, each day???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Forums mobile app

Hey Tony... We missed you on the Royal. I told you if you weren't there the Pats would lose. :rolleyes:

We won't be seeing you next year either...unless you're cruising the Pacific. We're doing some coastals on the Ruby then Hawaii and the South Pacific on the Star. We'll be watching the Pats play in the Super Bowl at home. That's going to be different...as least I won't have to get up at 6:00am to claim a lounge chair!

Take care...

wxO4PgJpFN9vjRskNLQ7vFfEIlkWUc.png

Hi Lew,

I know it was my fault they lost :(. Lew I will be on the Caribbean Princess for the Super Bowl. I will get up and save you a lounge chair next to me and put your picture on it :D. Go Patriots!!!

Tony

Just curious ... 2 bags a day, each day???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Forums mobile app

Yes twice a day starting with embarkation before dinner and ending the morning before the last full day. We were lucky this season, nothing was damaged. As a precaution I do not put in collared shirts (except tux shirt) and slacks anymore. I am still looking for the pin holes in my tee shirts that a lot of people talk about but I have not seen any, maybe my eyes are the problem. :)

Edited by Todd320

Yes twice a day starting with embarkation before dinner and ending the morning before the last full day. We were lucky this season, nothing was damaged. As a precaution I do not put in collared shirts (except tux shirt) and slacks anymore. I am still looking for the pin holes in my tee shirts that a lot of people talk about but I have not seen any, maybe my eyes are the problem. :)

2 bags a day, heard of people doing 1 bag a day but not 2

Likely the difference was the number of elites. It took 3-4 days on the Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale Transatlantic. DH did not pack enough. There were a lot of elites on board, over 1,000 and might be as high as 2.000. One woman turned in eight bags of laundry the day she boarded and woke her steward up in the middle of the night as an emergency to turn it in. We did have an issue with someone new in laundry who didn't know the process. This might have been an issue, also.

2 bags a day, heard of people doing 1 bag a day but not 2

Two bags a day but usually they are only a quarter full or less. Even though I keep a collapsible hamper in the closet I like to get dirty clothes out of the cabin as soon as possible. Its nice to keep a cabin smelling good, you know with sweaty workout clothes, etc.