Project Runway?

BlueHerons

The Bravo web site has photos posted from today's runway show from all the contestants. Don't go there if you don't want to know.

I would suggest not to look there as well.

I think it's really silly that they posted them already, but I guess they finally figured out that people like me (and bloggers and reviewers out there) can get them and post them anyway - so they might as well.:confused:

All six of the remaining contestants have designs, but some are "fake-outs" like Sweet P and Chris March from last year's Fashion Week.

So certainly there are "fake-outs" in there, we just don't know who or how many.

I'll post them here, at the right time and in the chronological order of the show.

That way no one is spoiled in anyway - and it makes sense when looking back and reviewing later.

;)

I used to love Kenley. That love is wearing mighty thin now.:rolleyes: Her style is not to my taste, but I thought her work was pretty dang good, fresh looking for retro stuff, and always well constructed. Her attitude is getting in the way now, tho. But what about Heidi? Can we say meow? Hisssss. Sppitt.

Had you noticed how the Suede on the runway always had that deer in the headlights look, unlike the Suede off the runway. Well, those headlights were attached to a mac truck this week. I'll miss him in the third person.

I LIKED the jacked of Leeann's design. A lot. Take that judges!

And I do not care for Jerell's esthetic. Or him. Those clothes must look better in the first person

This is a pretty drab season. Where's the style of Christian? The humor of Chris? The chutzpah of tattoo neck (name?)?

I used to love Kenley. That love is wearing mighty thin now.:rolleyes: Her style is not to my taste, but I thought her work was pretty dang good, fresh looking for retro stuff, and always well constructed. Her attitude is getting in the way now, tho. But what about Heidi? Can we say meow? Hisssss. Sppitt.

I could not agree more. The first few shows, I liked her and her style. But I don't remember any of the contestants being quite so conceited and catty. I mean, she came right out and said she doesn't make any changes for Tim. Big Mistake! And like Jerell (I think) said, she can do the 40s and 50s really well. Can she do anything else? I was thrilled with the previews of next week being negative towards her, but my luck that means she'll still be on. Oh well, that just gives them the opportunity to chuck out Suede. ;)

I personally thought that Jerell was right on in this challenge and deserved the win. Whatever the hell he was wearing on his head, however, did not. :D

But I don't remember any of the contestants being quite so conceited and catty. I mean, she came right out and said she doesn't make any changes for Tim. Big Mistake! :D

Add whiney to that list.

Prov 16:18-19 "Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall. Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud." ;)

Just when things are really heating up, I'll be missing the next 2 episodes.:(

Well, this was an interesting - but not well thought out challenge.

First some moms walk out on the runway.

They are soon joined by their recent college graduate daughters.

It will turn out that every mom and daughter has a completely different interpretation of what is the actual challenge.

This inaccuracy will come into play for the rest of the show with the designers, Tim Gunn, the daughters, the moms, and mostly the judges.

It's times like this where I question whether the producers intend to have everyone following different challenge misinterpretations or not?

The actual challenge as told to the designers by Heidi is:

"Head to toe makeover to help them transition into their new lives as independent professional women".

And just for fun, the model winner for a past challenge

rate_runway_joe_506.jpg

was back on the show as one of the college girl's moms.:eek:;):D

As always, please hold comments until I get all the pictures posted.

Thanks in advance.

Jerell is the winner!

rate_510_jerell.jpg

And rightly so for this challenge.

I do love the long sweater/jacket over the more tailored pieces.

Perfect for his client, but then he really got the luck of the draw here for several reasons.

Both mom and daughter were easy to work with, and she was a print designer/artist/something so he had a lot of leeway in what was appropriate.

But, I'm glad to see him winning a few challenges after I was calling him as being robbed or ignored in several of the early challenges.

Kenley is second

rate_510_kenley.jpg

and a sore loser. Did you catch her face there?

This is cute. The college girl was an assistant buyer, so again another really easy client to dress. Lots of leeway.

I personally really liked the cut of this vest when you saw it on the dress form in the workroom. It was really nice, and you lost the tailoring and shape of it with the belt. I know that Cynthia Rowley liked the belt, I thought it was much better and more interesting without it.

The dress was "girly" enough as is, and the vest alone gave it a cooler edge.

I'm not sure if I would have placed this second though, maybe third or fourth.

Korto is third

rate_510_korto.jpg

and we're now going to get into a few pictures where I wish we could see the dresses without the jackets, as we definitely don't get the entire looks here.

This young lady is working in a medical lab and wearing a lab coat all day.

Korto took this into account (as well as the young lady loved green) and designed something that would look cute and comfortable under a lab coat, but also be able to transition outside of that.

I wish that we could have seen this model walk down the runway in the green dress with a lab coat over it. Get to the end of the runway, drop the lab coat, model the dress a bit, then put on this tailored jacket to walk back.

Kind of like giving the entire Korto thought process.

Lab girl at work. Put on this coat for going home or out after work, or out to lunch.

All of those thoughts that the judges missed is why I think this should have been second.

PS I'm loving Korto's sense of humor as it shows more throughout the series. She really has become the Good Witch to Terri's Bad Witch over time. I just wish we could have seen a Bryant Park Fashion Week showdown between the two.

Korto was really cute and funny calling herself "The Queen of Leathah" now that Stella is gone.

Leanne is fourth

rate_510_leanne.jpg

and I think that the judges completely missed the entire story again here.

She should have been at least third.

This girl really looked young, and it was a concern for her personally going into her job as a teacher. She specifically wanted the parents to know that she was the teacher, and not one of the students.

Her exact quote "I want the parents to look at me and know I'm the teacher and not one of the kids".

Leanne first designed a really cute dress and jacket with a Leanne pleated swoosh around the collar front of the dress. It was really cute and interesting.

The mom stepped in and ixnayed it. The mom loves anything animal print, and wanted that. So Leanne had to completely redesign the entire thing over night.

Now what you don't see from this picture...

The jacket is really cute, young and interesting in the back. The back of it really makes it funky and young.

The dress underneath this jacket is also really cute and professional.

The client loved it. The judges completely missed this one.

It was beautifully designed, and exactly what the client asked for...

Here's another where the judges had a different challenge in their mind, than what the client had in her mind. Leanne fulfilled exactly what the client wanted in her profession.

This is exactly the type of makeover that Katie Holmes had to transition to Kate Holmes - Tom Cruise's wife.

She is much younger than Tom. His prime fans are middle American soccer moms. They wanted to make her look "older" to match him more, and appeal to his fans.

So she goes from this:

130605_holmes_05.jpg

to this:

120507_holmes_240x320.jpg

She now looks ten years older, in the span of one haircut and new clothes and makeup.

Leanne's client essentially asked for the same type of "make me look older" makeover. Leanne accomplished this wonderfully. The judges completely missed it here.

I am in complete agreement on Kenley. Now I have said it before and I will say it again, that girl just rubs me the wrong way. Does it seem like all she knows is vintage clothes? That is all she does. But my luck she will still be on and i also saw the previews for next week. This should be a lulu. I think the three going to Bryant Park will be Leanne, Korto and Jerell.

Marilyn

Suede is bottom two.

rate_510_suede.jpg

and he had a difficult mom and daughter team. Mom wanted the girl to look funkier. The young lady was a photographer and wanted something to interview in, as well as be able to take photographs.

I thought the dress was cool. The jacket was poorly constructed, and the mom actually wanted him to keep adding more print to the jacket!

I think he should have just ditched the jacket, and went with the dress.

He was another that I felt was kind of getting hit from all different requests and interpretations of what was the actual challenge.

He got lost somewhere in the middle.

Joe is aufed.

rate_510_joe.jpg

And it was about time, just because of his inconsistency hit this week.

He probably would have been better with a different client.

The young lady did actually did actually request an "interview outfit".

That is what he gave her.

Also, no one ever said that the girl's actual professions were part of the challenge. I re-watched three times. Tim Gunn says this as if it is the entire point of the challenge. But that is never told to people.

Joe is giving his (albeit cliched) version of a professional makeover.

That's what he did.

But it was just a matter of time regarding him or Suede.

I would have liked to have seen what Terri or Kelli (both aufed too soon) would have done here.

I am glad I am not the only one who feels that way about Kenley

She is really starting to get on my nerves. (unfortunately that probably means she makes top 3)

I am by no means a fashionista but I liked Suede's dress - just the dress not the jacket. But then I am a "print" girl

On another note - I went to bravo.com and checked out the Bryant Park pics.

I am kind of glad they posted them. It makes it easier as I would always try to find spoilers and then you are guessing "who's collection is what"

This way I can tell.

We already know Joe is gone (tho his line looked very well constructed)

I wasn't really "wowed" by any of the collections and I really cannot tell who is top 3.

In a way, everyone who gets to show at fashion week is a winner. They get to do their thing their way in front of tons of people -- people who count a lot more than we do.

Are you sure that isn't Stella's show, tho? Awful lot of leather. LOL

Don't know why I had it in my head that Suede was gone. Wishful thinking?

I'm glad there's going to be new producers and all. This being the last season with the old crowd, I thought they would shake things up more to go out with a bang instead of a whimper.

I'm tired of the judges. And they seem tired of judging. Does anyone know if they're going to change, too?

But I don't think I'll ever, ever get tired of Tim Gunn -- long may he reign.

Had you noticed how the Suede on the runway always had that deer in the headlights look, unlike the Suede off the runway. Well, those headlights were attached to a mac truck this week. I'll miss him in the third person.

I LIKED the jacked of Leeann's design. A lot. Take that judges!

And I do not care for Jerell's esthetic. Or him. Those clothes must look better in the first person

This is a pretty drab season. Where's the style of Christian? The humor of Chris? The chutzpah of tattoo neck (name?)?

I agree. I noticed Suede was not using the third person last night, though. Somebody must have said something to him.

I also liked LeeAnn's jacket, and don't get Jerrell's stuff--and why was he wearing a chicken on his head last night?

I sure miss the fact that there isn't a funny person this year.

Yesterday, the TV columnist for our newspaper reported that Lifetime had decided to delay the new season of PR to January ‘09. Evidently, the original plan was to bring the show back for a new season in November, fairly quickly after its Bravo finale in October. But Lifetime decided to insert more lead time to build up anticipation for the show’s relaunch. The columnist also said Heidi, Michael, Nina, and Tim will all be back.

We've had two weeks now of Kenley "dissing" Tim's advice, so I'm wondering if she is set up for a big fall on next week's episode. After all, how much vintage floral really works for a hip-hop challenge :confused: (as it's reported to be)?

I thought Joe's final collection at Bryant Park (even though he was a decoy) was very cool. He definitely made his style work.

I voted on Bravo TV's web site for the $10,000 fan favorite. All of the designers photos are posted there and I puzzled and puzzled over it -- who to vote for? nobody really stands out -- and then I voted for . . . Stella! To be as annoying and whiny as she was to start with, she REALLY turned out pretty cool and had a good sense of humor and seemed like she really wanted to help Blayne in the last challenge. Kellie

Sorry Curt

I thought you were done when I posted, I didnt realize you were going to post Joe's Collection.

No problem!;) Don't worry about it.

I kind of like that everyone seemed to be overly excited today to talk about the show!:D

In general though, as I called it before (I thought Terri would be here though) that Leanne and Korto would be top two.

I think it's a pure battle between them on the win.

I think that it will just totally depend on how the judges felt on that day.

Although I prefer Leanne as a long term designer (I see a long interesting career, and she will only get better as she matures)...

I would be satisfied with a Korto win.

I'm confused. All 6 designers had a show at fashion week? I thought only the top 3 had a show.

As always, the actual Fashion Week always occurs before the show is done airing (so they have time to edit the final two shows).

They put whatever designers are still on the show at the time of airing as "decoys" so that the press and public don't know who actually "made it" to the finals.

For example, if only Leanne, Korto, and Jerell showed collections at Bryant Park we would all know who is the final.

There would then be about 3 more weeks of Project Runway that are "no fun" to watch, because we would already know that Joe, Kenley, and Suede don't make it. (This is all purely hypothetical and examples on the names).

Last year, Sweet P and Chris March showed their collections as "decoys" at Bryant Park.

This way the public and press did not know until the final show aired several weeks later, who were the actual final three.

Get it? Hopefully I explained that well.;)