Project Runway?

BlueHerons

I would have gotten some fabric dropcloth material or lightweight tarpaulin (kinda like really heavy muslin) and gotten some sponges and metallic paint to block-print the fabric. There are a lot of brass fittings that would make wonderful jewelry. I've always thought it would be fun to make a dress entirely out of duct tape. (If Mythbusters can make a cannon, I could make a dress, I bet!) I guess I'm surprised no one used the available fabrics like cheesecloth, tarp, insulating window shades, mirrorized and tinted mylar, etc. I was missing all the different textures and colors that could have been used. Nobody got any spray paint? Duh!

In stage design school I remember us making a bunch of dance costumes using only different widths of ribbons, shreds of cheesecloth, and metal washers... I suppose if I hadn't had a week to do it, I'd have ended up with a teeny string-washer bikini! :D,

I actually loved the sandpaper dress too. Great texture and shapes. And the key necklace was genius. Biggest gripe? Too much roof flashing! :p

I keep thinking of that character in Rent that made a fabulous dress out of shower curtains. :rolleyes:

I was surprised no one went for drop cloths, too. Maybe due to the criticism in a previous season when contestants went for disposable tablecloths in the grocery store?

One could make quite a cool cocktail dress using the flexible window screening ( reverse tiered skirt and top trim) and duct tape (simple top shape but with faux draping).

I love this armchair designing!

"We're like the Victoria's Secret Wonder Bra -- we lift each other up" -- Jay.

hahaha

Think I might have sent Amy home instead of Ben, but it was a real toss up. Throw in the really ugly and diaper-baggy onesy Amy was wearing, and she should get sent home just for that.

Totally agree with the top three. And the winner.

BUT.... maybe it's not what the judges wanted to see, but I would totally buy Mila's sporty outfit in a flash. "Jumpsuit you'd wear to a mall" indeed. Like Heidi's been to a mall in the last 10 years. that outfit was more like "I'm too cool to wear a traditional suit to the office." But, whatever.

I predict Seth Aaron as a finalist. They're keeping from being too much in front now.

Anybody else got hopes/predictions for who is going to the end?

Maybe there's a Facebook setting to block it -- but after I comment on someone's post/status, I get an email copy of every one else's subsequent comment. When it's all about REAL friends, that's no problem and actually fun.

But comment on something like Tim Gunn's post/status and you're likely to get copied on a couple of hundred other comments as well.

Like i said, there may be a way to block this, but since I want to see other comments from real friends, I just read and leave.

Didn't Seth win another challenge?

He reminds me, in looks, of the tattooed guy from a few seasons ago who I thought was nasty.

I don't think Amy should have been aufed based on her partner's outfit. Can't say I was in love by any means with hers, but his tank top tanked, like someone said, and those pants.....what can I say?

Edited by iheartbda

He reminds me, in looks, of the tattooed guy from a few seasons ago who I thought was nasty.

I don't think Amy should have been aufed based on her partner's outfit. Can't say I was in love by any means with hers, but his tank top tanked, like someone said, and those pants.....what can I say?

Jay wasn't Amy's partner, he was partnered with Mila. Amy was partnered with the guy who did the "overworked" dress based on the wrought-iron motif.

I actually thought they were right to auf her -- she's been in the bottom two several times recently and her shirt/dress/whatever it was really looked bad....

Whereas Jay's design also looked bad, but he's had some real winners in the the recent past.

Loved Seth Aaron's outfit as well.

Of the bottom 4, the only outfit that was good IMO was Mila's - and it's the same thing she's done every time. I was okay with Amy going.

You mean Jeffrey?

Jay wasn't Amy's partner, he was partnered with Mila. Amy was partnered with the guy who did the "overworked" dress based on the wrought-iron motif.

I actually thought they were right to auf her -- she's been in the bottom two several times recently and her shirt/dress/whatever it was really looked bad....

Whereas Jay's design also looked bad, but he's had some real winners in the the recent past.

OOPS.....you're right. Between trying to keep American Idols contestants and Project Runway people sorted out, I guess I'm on "overload".:o:D

Loved Seth Aaron's outfit as well.

Of the bottom 4, the only outfit that was good IMO was Mila's - and it's the same thing she's done every time. I was okay with Amy going.

You mean Jeffrey?

Oh yes, Jeffrey. I did not like him even though it's been said that things were edited and taken out of context. I still thought he was mean, especially when they did the mother's dresses. The things he said to her were just plain mean, taken out of context or not. OK...rant done.:D

P.S.

Long time, no see.

Edited by iheartbda

I had no problems with Amy going. I still think Seth Aaron is the one to watch.

I like Mila's clothes. She reminds me a bit of the pregnant contestant with all the plunging necklines and sleek lines. Mila's work is different, of course, but she definitely HAS a look.

Just watched some of the extended judging clips on the Lifetime website. It was interesting, especially with regard to Jonathon's dress (which I rather liked except for the odd side bits in the skirt).

Nina comes off as hyper critical for sure. Everyone was raving about Seth Aaron's outfit and she complained it had too much going on.

I had no problems with Amy going. I still think Seth Aaron is the one to watch.

I like Mila's clothes. She reminds me a bit of the pregnant contestant with all the plunging necklines and sleek lines. Mila's work is different, of course, but she definitely HAS a look.

Just watched some of the extended judging clips on the Lifetime website. It was interesting, especially with regard to Jonathon's dress (which I rather liked except for the odd side bits in the skirt).

Nina comes off as hyper critical for sure. Everyone was raving about Seth Aaron's outfit and she complained it had too much going on.

I kind of agree that Seth Aaron's outfit had a lot going on, especially in the back:

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway/rate-the-runway/season-7-episode-9#rate

(I love the magnifying glass tool, btw, that lets you see close up. :))

It's kind of odd how they always talk about Seth Aaron being such a good tailor, as if it's a good thing, when last year they were constantly knocking Gordana for being a good tailor. :rolleyes: I guess the implication is that he's a good tailor but also had a point of view....

It was sad to see Anthony get Aufed last night. IMHO, his design was far superior to Jonathan's.

I think that they judged Mila's dress too harshly, although she should have had side slits for easier walking. I would definitly wear that dress-----loved her print.

Barb

It was sad to see Anthony get Aufed last night. IMHO, his design was far superior to Jonathan's.

I think they were just tired of seeing the "same" things from him which several of them said, not that I agree, but he DID win a challenge with his gorgeous blue dress that Heidi wore on a mag cover. I sort of like Jonathan dress and I thought the print was interesting and not necessarily a "dirty tablecloth". However, the jacket was too heavy even if it was lightweight leather and the backward thing WAS like a straightjacket.

I think that they judged Mila's dress too harshly, although she should have had side slits for easier walking. I would definitly wear that dress-----loved her print.

Barb

Print was just too simple and really didn't take much thought. I agree that it looked like a Mexican serape and the dress itself wasn't to the usual standards of Mila. However, it WAS something that we mere mortals could wear.:) I didn't see anything high fashion in it but then, what do I know?;)

I thought it waas interesting that Tim Gunn seemed very skeptical of Emilio's print and someone else said it was the worst print yet he ends up winning.:D I do see how it could be a signature print since it lends itself to different sizes and colors, things the other prints would not.

On the whole, I think designing their own print was one of my all time favorite challenges. I also think Seth Aaron is the one to watch.

Emilio's print was okay; wasn't my personal favorite, but it does seem to be very current what with all the emphasis on "graffiti" style logos (e.g., the new Coach line and others).

However, to give him first? Hmm....I think it was more on the basis of his jacket than of his print and his use of said print in the dress. As Curt used to say, they either aren't describing the challenge clearly or aren't sticking to what they said was important... I thought both Seth Aaron's and Maya's designs (and prints) were better.

Much as I like Anthony, I think it was his time to go. Other than the dress that won the Marie Claire challenge, he hasn't done much that was memorable.

I thought Jonathan's dress was better than he got credit for. As Tim said in an earlier episode, his design ethic is very subtle, and I don't think it shows to best advantage on the runway. (He doesn't "go big".) The dress would've been nice with a few tweaks. I think the jacket did him in....

I wasn't a fan of Mila's dress. If the material had been more flowy, it might've worked for me. As it was, it looked like a kid drew crayon lines on heavy canvas, then made it into a simple dress.

Edited by cruisemom42

i agree that Seth Aaron is the one to watch .. so that probably means he won't win .. I never seem to agree with the judges on what is great .. I didn't like Emilio's look at all ...

More intriguing though .. who do you think walked away and who will they bring back to replace him/her ?? I hope they bring Anthony back just because he is so pleasant!!

More intriguing though .. who do you think walked away and who will they bring back to replace him/her ?? I hope they bring Anthony back just because he is so pleasant!!

Was that what they were saying on the preview? I have to admit I was having a hard time figuring that out.

I'd guess Jonathan. He seems to have some issues with the judges' opinions and has a different aesthetic. But who knows???

I'm calling my final three -- Seth Aaron, Emilio and the girl that isn't Mila (I just can't remember her name. I personally like Jonathon's esthetic more than that girl's but I think they'll want a female.

I thought Emilio made a smart choice with his print, even tho I personally HATE that look (I refuse to buy anything with any version of the name brand showing). It was a good "take away" for him beyond this competition.

I thought for sure Mila was going. I will miss Anthony's sense of humor.

"We're like the Victoria's Secret Wonder Bra -- we lift each other up" -- Jay.

hahaha

Think I might have sent Amy home instead of Ben, but it was a real toss up. Throw in the really ugly and diaper-baggy onesy Amy was wearing, and she should get sent home just for that.

Totally agree with the top three. And the winner.

BUT.... maybe it's not what the judges wanted to see, but I would totally buy Mila's sporty outfit in a flash. "Jumpsuit you'd wear to a mall" indeed. Like Heidi's been to a mall in the last 10 years. that outfit was more like "I'm too cool to wear a traditional suit to the office." But, whatever.

I predict Seth Aaron as a finalist. They're keeping from being too much in front now.

Anybody else got hopes/predictions for who is going to the end?

I think it might be Seth Aaron, Emilio, and Jay. I wish that Anthony could have stayed.