Project Runway?

BlueHerons

Been lurking for a while (I participated years ago).

This week:

Loser, yes (and can I add, I was hoping and praying - had enough!)

Winner, no.

And Swapnil's? Un-uh, not in the top for me! Too much, and if "sexy" was a criteria (as it apparently was), it didn't hit the mark in my book.

Oh, and why must sexy = wedgy? Yuck. Not even!

The Fashion Week runway was this morning.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2015/09/11/klum-runway-finale-definitely-not-boring/72062372/

I'm thinking the green flowing garment might be Swapnil, the black and white Candice and the plus size has to be Ashley. Any guesses on the others?

Here is another article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3231381/Project-Runway-makes-splash-New-York-Fashion-Week-season-finale-catwalk-featuring-figured-models.html

Edited by Scrapnana

The Fashion Week runway was this morning.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2015/09/11/klum-runway-finale-definitely-not-boring/72062372/

I'm thinking the green flowing garment might be Swapnil, the black and white Candice and the plus size has to be Ashley. Any guesses on the others?

Here is another article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3231381/Project-Runway-makes-splash-New-York-Fashion-Week-season-finale-catwalk-featuring-figured-models.html

Spoiler for me so I'm not looking. To me, it's like having the appetizer and heading right to dessert.;):)

Here are the close ups of the lingerie. I don't dislike Blake's as much as I originally thought and think Lindsey's is at least as bad. I dislike Merline's even more after seeing the close ups.

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway/photos/season-14-episode-6-final-looks#id=1

Workmanship went out the window on this challenge. Usually the illusion is there for the home viewer, but not this week. I did not agree with the winner. But I do have to say Blake's bra was pretty bad. I did like Swapnil's cover-up.

What's with all the butt cheeks hanging out? If you're wearing a thong, fine. If not, I expect some coverage.

Edited by logan25

Workmanship went out the window on this challenge. Usually the illusion is there for the home viewer, but not this week. I did not agree with the winner. But I do have to say Blake's bra was pretty bad. I did like Swapnil's cover-up.

What's with all the butt cheeks hanging out? If you're wearing a thong, fine. If not, I expect some coverage.

I work for a lingerie company and I tell you its the hardest garments to make!

Completely agree that Swapnil's bra was impractical and not made for retail tastes, but I thought the fabric and workmanship was good and the styling was among the best.

I can believe that lingerie is difficult to construct ....... makes paying for nice quality easier to swallow. :)

Completely agree that Swapnil's bra was impractical and not made for retail tastes, but I thought the fabric and workmanship was good and the styling was among the best.

I can believe that lingerie is difficult to construct ....... makes paying for nice quality easier to swallow. :)

Especially goodfitting lingerie, we test every new basic style on the workers and the owner tries on EVERY style 2 or 3 times herself to make sure it fits and is comfortable. :D

What killed me was Blake trying to seem so naive about women "down there" and how women's underwear "works". Seriously, you may be gay, but as a designer, how many models have you seen in underwear, just since the beginning of the season, even?

I mean, seriously, Google Victoria's secret, dude. Or Sears.

I think anyone of the top three looks could have been the winner. I had one I liked a little more than the winner.

Either one of the bottom two (or both) could have gone home although the one they sent home showed a little less creativity, IMO.

I felt bad for Jake.

I noticed Zac's brooch for the first time. Did a little search and found out he often wears them. Shows how observant I am.:o

I also preferred one of the other top 3 for the win, but I think the winner won because of the complete transformation of the materials. Unless you knew what it was beforehand, you couldn't tell what the dress was made from at a distance...and I think that is part of the challenge, to transform the materials.

I felt very bad for Jake...I didn't think he would make it to fashion week, but still, to leave the competition in the way that he did. I totally understand though...pets are family in my family.

I wasn't surprised that the loser was chosen. They usually seem to hone in on who they think doesn't have much more to offer. I think that's why the 3rd from the bottom wasn't really up for elimination and ended safe. I think though, that the level of effort becomes an issue judging from the previews of next week.

I think that's sad. I guess it's a strategy, but the fact is that this is a platform where a lot of people have a chance to see your work. It shows a poor work ethic and I'm not sure that it's a great strategy for making the most of your PR experience for furthering your career.

I wasn't surprised that the loser was chosen. They usually seem to hone in on who they think doesn't have much more to offer. I think that's why the 3rd from the bottom wasn't really up for elimination and ended safe. I think though, that the level of effort becomes an issue judging from the previews of next week.

I think that's sad. I guess it's a strategy, but the fact is that this is a platform where a lot of people have a chance to see your work. It shows a poor work ethic and I'm not sure that it's a great strategy for making the most of your PR experience for furthering your career.

If I were competing, my strategy would be to try to grab the judges attention (in a positive way) right from the start. There have been a number of times where designers have been kept on after a poor effort because the judges have been impressed previously and still want to see more. Just "being safe" and then trying to get the judges attention as you put forth more effort does not sound like a really good plan.

If I were competing, my strategy would be to try to grab the judges attention (in a positive way) right from the start. There have been a number of times where designers have been kept on after a poor effort because the judges have been impressed previously and still want to see more. Just "being safe" and then trying to get the judges attention as you put forth more effort does not sound like a really good plan.

I agree. The judges can be lenient when a designer that has previously impressed has an off week (or suffers because of a group challenge).

And especially with the Tim Gunn Save in the mix...seems like always putting forth your best effort is the way to go. Then, if you happen to have a bad week...Mr Gunn might save you just because.

Swapnil needs an attitude adjustment!

I was hoping that he would be lambasted by the judges this last episode for being lackadaisical, but they were, I thought, too easy on him.

He needs to get over himself.

(Do they have any idea what goes on in the workroom, I wonder?)

Swapnil needs an attitude adjustment!

I was hoping that he would be lambasted by the judges this last episode for being lackadaisical, but they were, I thought, too easy on him.

He needs to get over himself.

(Do they have any idea what goes on in the workroom, I wonder?)

Does he ever. That "thing" he came up with would probably have sent home another person. The judges gave him a pass because of his past creations.

Several contestants have withdrawn before, but who remembers the only contestant to have been disqualified in the middle of the competition?

Good trivia question! I couldn't remember one so I googled it. Interesting story. It happened before I started watching PR.

Several contestants have withdrawn before, but who remembers the only contestant to have been disqualified in the middle of the competition?

I don't remember the contestant's name, but wasn't it a man? I remember some man being in trouble because he was looking at pattern books, perhaps at a local library?

Maybe I dreamed it, but seasons ago, wasn't someone more or less called on the carpet for finishing their garment by sewing the model into it?

Sure looks like they do that pretty often, now, and it seems more designers are given a "pass" even if the garment is barely finished than years long past.

Of course, it's a balance of quality vs. creativity. I wouldn't want to be a judge in many instances.