Project Runway?

BlueHerons

I far prefer Carol Hannah but expect Irena to win.

I don't think Althea has anything to say as a designer that is in any way fresh or particularly interesting in this collection.

I wish Gordana, Epperson and Malvin (we didn't see much of him but his egg maternity outfit was at least a concept) were showing collections.

Two things:

1) Do you think Carol Hannah was ultimately dismissed because she was self-taught?

2) I hated it when Heidi introduced "the lovely and beautiful" (or something to that affect Nina Garza, and then the third judge was just mentioned so cavalierly just by name. Rude.

I don't think I'll be watching anymore. This season really sucked. I'm still mad about the whole thing with the All-Star Challenge.

They have lost any semblance of integrity. And I'm sick of Heidi being pregnant all the time.

My taping screwed up so I didn't see the win but looked on line.

All I can say is I'm happy for Irina's model. She was such a cutie and not the typical runway face.

I, too, was pissed by Heidi's lack of introduction of that third person. More prejudice against people who are old and not beautiful.

Can't wait until you get there, Heidi. You're closer than you think.

I think it was pretty obvious that Irina was going to win from about the fourth show on.

Personally, I've loved everything that Carol Hannah has done. Her clothing is beautiful, meticulously tailored, and can be worn by those of us who are not six feet tall and 100 pounds.

Overall, Project Runway just hasn't been that strong this year. I've hated the rotating judges, Heidi's tacky wardrobe, and the blatant unfairness in some of the judging (not putting Gordanna in the final three when it was obvious she won the challenge, kicking Epperson out when Christopher needed to go, etc.) I hope the next season is better.

Since my post is all about copying, I will let you know that I found these links on another bulletin board, and am copying them here for everyone's enjoyment. ;)

http:/<wbr />/<wbr />nymag.<wbr />com/<wbr />daily/<wbr />fashion/<wbr />2009/<wbr />11/<wbr />irinas_project_runway_shirt_kn.<wbr />html

http:/<wbr />/<wbr />projectrungay.<wbr />blogspot.<wbr />com/<wbr />2009/<wbr />11/<wbr />controversy-spoilerish.<wbr />html

I personally liked most of Irina's designs throughout the season, but I'm certainly not the most fashionable person!! I do think that she deserved to win as she consistently had good final products. Is just kind of funny how she made a big deal about Althea copying her, and now it sounds like she was doing some copying of her own!!

p.s. In the 2nd link, check out the spelling of Coney Island on the shirt - did the blogger change it? Or do you think it was really spelled that way on the show??

• 3 weeks later...

So, there's my call on it...

In the next while, I'll talk about all the reasons they made mistakes this season - and as they're already filming Season Seven (back in New York) they've really made efforts to fix the problems.

[/color]

I've been hoping for that info on the mistakes and what they're doing to fix them.

Come on, CJW, give.

Here's a link to the video interview Alter Ego found. AE, thanks for telling about this. It was both heartbreaking and inspiring.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Runway-Gordana-Knew-1011806.aspx

I'm glad that Gordana was invited back as a helper. Better that than nothing. I really felt that her last creation was far superior to Althea's. Gordana should have been selected for Fashion week.

Let's see what Jan. 14'th will bring---------the start of the season 7.

Barb

• 3 weeks later...

Saw a commercial this weekend for PR, starting back up on Jan. 14. I never watch Lifetime, so I haven't seen any promos for it, so I looked up the website and checked out a few of the designers. THANK GOODNESS they are back in New York and -- at least according to the website -- Michael and Nina will be there every week! The LA season really suffered from the inconsistency with all the rotating judges.

Saw a commercial this weekend for PR, starting back up on Jan. 14. I never watch Lifetime, so I haven't seen any promos for it, so I looked up the website and checked out a few of the designers. THANK GOODNESS they are back in New York and -- at least according to the website -- Michael and Nina will be there every week! The LA season really suffered from the inconsistency with all the rotating judges.

thanks for posting this -- I wasn't aware it was starting up again so soon. I guess I'll give the show another chance if they're going to return to their winning formula. ;)

thanks for posting this -- I wasn't aware it was starting up again so soon. I guess I'll give the show another chance if they're going to return to their winning formula. ;)

Oh, and I forgot to say that it will be in HD this season, so we don't have to see the fun-house mirror aspect again!

I'm so much happier with the show being back in New York! I thought the challenge was a little bland, but I like this group of designers more. It looks as though the producers spent a little more time choosing them than last season.

And Michael Kors and Nina will be on EVERY episode this season! Yay!

I'm not sure I agree with who was auf'd, but I will say that I was so impressed by what many of the designers managed to do with a potato sack! There were some great outfits, including a few that weren't "recognized" (as Curt would say, are they "hiding" some contestants for now??)

Hooray for being back in NY. Tim Gunn seems to be right back on track with his advice. Heidi even seems nicer. And Nina and Michael bring the knowledge.

So far....I'm liking this season.

I thought too that Ping was going to be out. It was a disaster! And I noted that the judges made the comments to each other “do they want to see anymore of what she has”. I guess that in their minds designing a dress that did not flatter an otherwise great model was the worst of two evils.

The winner was a hard choice for me, the last 3 were all pretty amazing but I liked their final decision. Really enjoying the show so far too.

I agree with you all. I'm thrilled the show is back in NY where it belongs. :)

I agree with the losing outfit. It looked so cheap and was so poorly designed. The brown "cocodile" dress was such a snore. Ugh!

The winner was a hard choice. But I'm not unhappy with the final decision.

Ping is talented and her clothes have a strong specific audience. I think she's talented, however, she really only knows how to do one look, and that will be her downfall. I liked her outfit, but it's not universal enough. If she can last a couple of more shows, she'll end up with clients and a business.

Now where's OUR Mr Project Runway to post the pix????

Curt....yoohoo....Curt...Where art thou????

BTW, I went to a Victoria's Secret Press party last night for their beauty division and Christian Sirianni was there and we chatted for a few minutes. He's tiny. I'm 5'6 and towered over him!

BTW, I went to a Victoria's Secret Press party last night for their beauty division and Christian Sirianni was there and we chatted for a few minutes. He's tiny. I'm 5'6 and towered over him!

Are you SURE that's to whom you spoke?;):)

Anyway, that must have been FIERCE! :D Is he doing anything notable and surviving the "15 minutes", or is he falling into oblivion?

christianHero.jpg

Are you SURE that's to whom you spoke?;):)

Anyway, that must have been FIERCE! :D Is he doing anything notable and surviving the "15 minutes", or is he falling into oblivion?

christianHero.jpg

Oops, Siriano!

Hey, after all those Bellini's they were forcing me to drink, I'm allowed one typo! :D

Some of my friends were complaining about the aufing this week--they thought that Jesus or Ping should have gone. I wasn't surprised or dismayed at the judges' decision at all, frankly. Ping's dress was a nightmare, true, but it was interesting, and so is she. They want to see what else she's going to do, and they liked her design so much last week that I think she's got one or two more chances before they write her off. Jesus' design was off, as was his interpretation of the challenge, but it wasn't horrendous. Pamela's design, as so eloquently reported by the gentlemen at Project Rungay, looked like "a truckstop hooker". And I think that's accurate. The denim-y look of the fabric, the cheap-looking leather lace-ups in front and back ... it was both tired and tacky. And Pamela herself is a little dull.

I don't Jesus or Ping have very long on the show, but I agree that this wasn't their week to go.