Just got a call from Norwegian Cruise line

About a month ago i wrote an email to Norwegian cruise line( answering a survey), it was a respectful, suggestion feedback. To make a long story short, i asked if it was possible if they could offer the free gratuities perk in the future. I am a person that does not drink a whole lot and really don't mind eating at the MDR so i don't need the drinking package or the dining package, also i put away my phone so i don't need the free internet package. Right now i am booked on another cruise so i decided to take the free excursion credit. I just received the call about 5 minutes ago and the response was as follows....

"This is not the right venue for your suggestions, these are the perks we have, period. Next time, when you finish your cruise go on your post cruise review and post your suggestions but again these are the perks we offer and renew at our convenience. At the end she said, Thank you for being a Norwegian customer...LOL why do i feel i have just been chastised with sugar?...LOL...:'):'):')

I have never been very lucky with their customer service department but in spite of that i am glad i still enjoy their cruises

anything else i go directly with my travel agent.

That was rude, period. Don't let the NCL fans tell you different. That was rude.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

lol it was rude, but quite frankly their customer service needs a lot of improvement, and no worries about the NCL cheerleaders...they don't affect me at all....:')

lol it was rude, but quite frankly their customer service needs a lot of improvement, and no worries about the NCL cheerleaders...they don't affect me at all....:')
I cannot believe how rude that was. They obviously don't believe the customer is always right.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Simply rude. They should have not spoken to you like that. The more I read into comments about NCL - the more I realize that this company doesn't really value its customers. I just posted a lengthy review about our very recent trip with the Jewel. I loved my previous cruises with NCL. Please tell me the whole line is not cursed with bad customer service.

I have my doubts, but I suppose anything is possible with NCL. Surveys like this are usually not read individually. They are tabulated and the results from the survey company are forwarded to marketing who presents them to the C suite (in most companies, anyway).

It is possible the OP is part of a program to reach out to people who put free form comments in place, and NCL has already shown how tone deaf their marketing and PR department is with their stupid "we value every customer" type of response in the Sun "Special Guest Star: Bob the Builder" thread.

For the OP, make it into a MP3 and send it to one of the executives.

It's amazing the jump to assumptions, and slant without any first hand involvement. I've been side by side people, who had very different interpretations of statements. Proclaiming "rude"??? Nope, not me.

About a month ago i wrote an email to Norwegian cruise line( answering a survey), it was a respectful, suggestion feedback. To make a long story short, i asked if it was possible if they could offer the free gratuities perk in the future. I am a person that does not drink a whole lot and really don't mind eating at the MDR so i don't need the drinking package or the dining package, also i put away my phone so i don't need the free internet package. Right now i am booked on another cruise so i decided to take the free excursion credit. I just received the call about 5 minutes ago and the response was as follows....

"This is not the right venue for your suggestions, these are the perks we have, period. Next time, when you finish your cruise go on your post cruise review and post your suggestions but again these are the perks we offer and renew at our convenience. At the end she said, Thank you for being a Norwegian customer...LOL why do i feel i have just been chastised with sugar?...LOL...:'):'):')

I have never been very lucky with their customer service department but in spite of that i am glad i still enjoy their cruises

anything else i go directly with my travel agent.

sorry, I am having trouble understanding this. I am not taking sides here, but I am not sure why they would have called you. I think before taking sides I would want to have heard the message myself. :confused:

For some reason the past week has seen the haters of NCL including many who admit they have never sailed NCL coming out of the wall.

Edited by newmexicoNita

This is strange I was just checking the cabin prices for my cruise out of New Orleans on Thanksgiving. Please search these cruises and check the perks. Port New Orleans, November 2018 cruises. Look at the perks!!

WOW!!! Can't wait to not take that cruise.

sorry, I am having trouble understanding this. I am not taking sides here, but I am not sure why they would have called you. I think before taking sides I would want to have heard the message myself. :confused:

No one ever posts tapes of their conversations with NCL, so naturally you would not "take sides" concerning anything anyone ever reported concerning said conversations.

Clearly, the OP made a demand to NCL. And didn’t get the response they wanted. And now is “embellishing” the response they got.

NCL sails with over 45,000 passengers every week. If every passenger sent in an email asking for something special, there is no way they could accommodate all. The easiest thing is to stick to the written policy.

And as a shareholder, that is exactly what I want.