Ushuaia post office

Ian9

Hello. I was on the Emerald Princess cruise Santiago to Buenos Aires in January 2018. Great cruise. But one disappointment: a post card sent from the ‘post office’ on the quai at Ushuaia never arrived (after 2 months) despite $4 postage. I wonder if it was a real post office. Anyone have a similar experience?

Ian

I don’t know about that post office. But, I have mailed many post cards back to the US from many countries (including the Vatican P.O.) and many never arrived. Some took months. Yours could still show up.

I have a feeling this was not an official post office. However we were able to buy postcards and stamps in a shop on the main shopping street and mail them there. They did arrive but I don't remember how long they took. Try posting this on Trip Advisor:

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g312855-i6870-Ushuaia_Province_of_Tierra_del_Fuego_Patagonia.html

I was going to try to send some post cards from there, but when I learned the cost to do so, I decided against it. I mailed my cards from Montevideo. (We were on our way to Buenos Aires and Montevideo was our last port.) The postage was much less and the post cards I mailed did arrive in a reasonable time frame.

We mailed out a postcard from "the end of the world" post office in Ushuaia, and we did receive it back in Canada.

It may still get to you. I can't remember how long it took but it was weeks after we got home. Be patient, and good luck.

I don’t know about that post office. But, I have mailed many post cards back to the US from many countries (including the Vatican P.O.) and many never arrived. Some took months. Yours could still show up.

We sent a birthday card via airmail from the Vatican PO and it arrived in California 3 weeks later.