Best Hotel at Cape Canaveral

musigal

Hi, all -

I'm sure this question has been posted, but I'm having trouble finding an answer.

Our extended family is cruising together in June and most of us are driving to the cruise port. What is your recommendation for a hotel near the port, and are there any with reasonable parking rates at the hotel?

Also, I'd love a recommendation on a parking place near the port that is cheaper than the port parking.

Thank you so much in advance!

We love Residence Inn. Traveling with family, we get the 2 bedroom suites with the parking package. We've done this several times.

We are actually on our way right now for our cruise tomorrow. It's just the 2 of us and we are staying next door at Country Inn and Suites. It has a great stay and park package too.

We were very happy with Lots of Honor: http://www.lotsofhonor.com/

Some proceeds go to housing for veterans. It was just a few minutes from port, less than half the cost of port parking. Fenced lot, self park (you keep your keys) and the shuttle ran plenty often.

I have read here (CC) that there may be some issues with how much money gets donated to veterans but any is better than none and even if they didn't do that at all it's still good place to park that's easy to get to and use. And though I asked for clarification or any evidence at all that they are less than forthcoming, none has been provided as far as I know.

We were very happy with Lots of Honor: http://www.lotsofhonor.com/

Some proceeds go to housing for veterans. It was just a few minutes from port, less than half the cost of port parking. Fenced lot, self park (you keep your keys) and the shuttle ran plenty often.

I have read here (CC) that there may be some issues with how much money gets donated to veterans but any is better than none and even if they didn't do that at all it's still good place to park that's easy to get to and use. And though I asked for clarification or any evidence at all that they are less than forthcoming, none has been provided as far as I know.

Is Lots of Honor still open? Believe I heard they had closed.

Radaisson is a nice hotel but they have gotten rather pricey

IMO, you can't go wrong with Radisson, Renaisance, Country inn & Suites, new Hampton Inn. All have park n cruise packages.

Park Port Canaveral and Go Port Canaveral are both close to these hotels with parking rate 1/2 those at the port.

Head out to the Florida Departures boards on CC, you'll find lots of reviews and some pricing information.

Is Lots of Honor still open? Believe I heard they had closed.

Radaisson is a nice hotel but they have gotten rather pricey

wellit was a little over a year ago we last used them but their website is up and running - i checked before I posted to make sure. at any rate, whoever might be using them, call first.. lol.

Pricing can vary according to time of year. We have gone with Country Inn & suites some of the time and then Radisson at the Port. When comparing apples to apples at each hotel with a cruise & park package their pricing goes back and forth. However I think it's ironic that they are both apart of the same rewards program, so either way we earn points, lol.

Pricing can vary according to time of year. We have gone with Country Inn & suites some of the time and then Radisson at the Port. When comparing apples to apples at each hotel with a cruise & park package their pricing goes back and forth. However I think it's ironic that they are both apart of the same rewards program, so either way we earn points, lol.
I am staying at the Radisson. $140 plus $30 for shuttle for 4 ppl in April 27, 2019 through expedia

Sent from my LGL158VL using Forums mobile app

wellit was a little over a year ago we last used them but their website is up and running - i checked before I posted to make sure. at any rate, whoever might be using them, call first.. lol.

Lots of Honor now leases some of the parking spaces from the Park & Cruise location.

So technically they are still in business..

Always stay at Residence Inn, park and cruise package. They have a two bedroom, two bath suite that we book, since there are usually two couples. Makes it easy to stay together, and take the shuttle to the port.

Also they have a great breakfast buffet included in the package.

Edited by crusing48/51
more info

None of the hotels I know of have a “free” shuttle.

I have stayed at the Radisson many times and have sometimes added the shuttle cost onto the particular rate I booked (if I didn’t book the park/cruise option which has the shuttle charge built into the rate)

When did they start charging for the shuttle? Any time we've stayed there (3 times) it was always free.

The shuttle is not really free. They have a package where you can book the room and the shuttle but if you book the room by itself the rate will always be less.

I am staying at the Radisson. $140 plus $30 for shuttle for 4 ppl in April 27, 2019 through expedia

It will cost less for four of you to take a cab instead of paying $30 for the shuttle. Plus if you take a cab you can leave whenever you want. A cab would be about $15 for all 4 of you.

It will cost less for four of you to take a cab instead of paying $30 for the shuttle. Plus if you take a cab you can leave whenever you want. A cab would be about $15 for all 4 of you.
Hmmm thank you for the tip. Will they still let me keep my car there?

Taking a cab sounds good but I believe the OP has a car and needs to pay for parking during the cruise? Then the taxi cost will be additional and unnecessary.

The hotel offers the following:

If you didn’t use a Park and Cruise Package and booked a different rate, don’t worry. You can add parking and shuttle service to your reservation at check-in.

• Three-night cruises: $30 USD (plus tax) includes parking for one car and shuttle for four people
  • Four- and five-night cruises: $35 USD (plus tax) includes parking for one car and shuttle for four people
  • Six- and seven-night cruises: $40 USD (plus tax) includes parking for one car and shuttle for four people
  • Eight- and nine-night cruises: $45 USD (plus tax) includes parking for one car and shuttle for four people

Lots of Honor vs Park N Cruise .... I asked PnC waz' up:

Good Morning Captain Brian,

Lots of Honor was a family run business, just like our own {Park N Cruise}. The owner of Lots of Honor ran a Veterans' Benefit Program through his company, in which a portion of his reservation revenue went straight to a Veterans' Fund! Unfortunately, he recently had to shut down his business. We got wind of this news, and reached out to the owner to devise a plan to continue his support to our veterans, whom we love and appreciate so dearly. The end result is as follows: Lots of Honor could not afford to continue operating as an independent company; we allotted Lots of Honor a number of parking spots at our facility; Lots of Honor is permitted to advertise their parking at the rate they wish, regardless of the current rate at Park-N-Cruise; Park-N-Cruise and Lots of Honor are still independently advertised, as it is still two separate companies. This teaming together has allowed our kind-hearted neighbors at Lots of Honor to continue their support programs for our veterans, even though they were unable to stay in business. You are free to book through Lots of Honor, or Park-N-Cruise! Who wouldn't want to take advantage of the cheaper rate! :) Your final destination will be the same from here on out, regardless of whether you reserve through Lots of Honor or Park-N-Cruise (1700 Sea Ray Drive, Merritt Island, FL). You will also continue to receive the service and support that has kept us running strong at five stars! I hope this information relieves you of any hesitance, as it is not our goal to try and stoop our customers! If you have any further questions or concerns regarding this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact us directly at 321-454-2500. Our staff is always standing by to serve you, and can assist in any matter regarding Park-N-Cruise or Lots of Honor!

Sincerely, Park-N-Cruise

So if you manage to grab a lower cost LoH spot good for you but in all other respects you are using PnC ... their address and their shuttles .... The old LoH address is a different business now and I saw their shuttles sitting in an open field last year.

Lots of Honor vs Park N Cruise .... I asked PnC waz' up:

Good Morning Captain Brian,

Lots of Honor was a family run business, just like our own {Park N Cruise}. The owner of Lots of Honor ran a Veterans' Benefit Program through his company, in which a portion of his reservation revenue went straight to a Veterans' Fund! Unfortunately, he recently had to shut down his business. We got wind of this news, and reached out to the owner to devise a plan to continue his support to our veterans, whom we love and appreciate so dearly. The end result is as follows: Lots of Honor could not afford to continue operating as an independent company; we allotted Lots of Honor a number of parking spots at our facility; Lots of Honor is permitted to advertise their parking at the rate they wish, regardless of the current rate at Park-N-Cruise; Park-N-Cruise and Lots of Honor are still independently advertised, as it is still two separate companies. This teaming together has allowed our kind-hearted neighbors at Lots of Honor to continue their support programs for our veterans, even though they were unable to stay in business. You are free to book through Lots of Honor, or Park-N-Cruise! Who wouldn't want to take advantage of the cheaper rate! :) Your final destination will be the same from here on out, regardless of whether you reserve through Lots of Honor or Park-N-Cruise (1700 Sea Ray Drive, Merritt Island, FL). You will also continue to receive the service and support that has kept us running strong at five stars! I hope this information relieves you of any hesitance, as it is not our goal to try and stoop our customers! If you have any further questions or concerns regarding this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact us directly at 321-454-2500. Our staff is always standing by to serve you, and can assist in any matter regarding Park-N-Cruise or Lots of Honor!

Sincerely, Park-N-Cruise

So if you manage to grab a lower cost LoH spot good for you but in all other respects you are using PnC ... their address and their shuttles .... The old LoH address is a different business now and I saw their shuttles sitting in an open field last year.

Great info, thank you Captain Brian! That was a solid thing PnC did there.