Holes in sign & sail cards?

YES NCL does punch holes in your sail and sign KEY card. It is done at the Guest Counter in the ships Atrium.

Best to let NCL do it - DO NOT PUNCH HOLES in or near the magnetic stripe on the back of the card this will

make the card unreadable to enter your cabin come and go off the ship and buy drinks and gifts.

Some vendors will also do it where they sell the lanyards.

If you go to Guest Services after boarding, don't be put off by the long line of people waiting. There is usually someone who is monitoring the line and he/she will ask what you need then pull out a hole punch right then and there.

They will also poke a hole in the Tradewinds gift shop at least they did on the Escape last month when I bought a new laynard

I was just getting ready to post the same thing. Leave the hole punchers at home along with your maple syrup, George Foreman Grills and your 17,000 watt hair curler. :)

• Haha 1

The last cruise the guest relations rep punched a hole so close to the magnetic stripe on my card that the bartenders and the ship security at the gangway couldn’t swipe my card in their card readers because the lanyard loop would collide! I had to go back to guest services to have a new card made.

If you go to Guest Services after boarding, don't be put off by the long line of people waiting. There is usually someone who is monitoring the line and he/she will ask what you need then pull out a hole punch right then and there.

Yes, She did that for DH and me last year, and saved us a long stand in line.

I use the reamer on my Swiss Army Knife to drill a hole in the corner that shows our Assembly Point.

Then I thread about 3 ft of lamp chain through that hole and connect the ends with a little thingy that comes with the chain (at any decent hardware store). That chain keeps the card from flying over your shoulder in a breeze.