Have you done a private tour in St Petersburg?

I don't know if these are "allowable" questions, but here goes --

All things being right in the world, we have a planned tour in SPB this May. I know we can (and will) pay for the tour via credit card but ...

Tip -- How was this handled?

Tip -- I assume cash, but what currency?

Tip -- What percent? (we have a guide and driver)

Also, if you stopped for lunch, how was payment handled? Credit card? Cash? And did you pay for your guide's lunch?

Was there a need for Russian currency during your tour or did most places take cards?

Edited by 2cruisecats

I don't know if these are "allowable" questions, but here goes --

All things being right in the world, we have a planned tour in SPB this May. I know we can (and will) pay for the tour via credit card but ...

Tip -- How was this handled?

Tip -- I assume cash, but what currency?

Tip -- What percent? (we have a guide and driver)

Also, if you stopped for lunch, how was payment handled? Credit card? Cash? And did you pay for your guide's lunch?

Was there a need for Russian currency during your tour or did most places take cards?

Tip -- How was this handled? I have always paid at the end of the tour - if you are touring for 2 days, tip at the end of day 2, if 3 days, tip end of day 3.

Tip -- I assume cash, but what currency? I have paid in both US dollars and Euros (been on several private tours with ALLA TOURS)

Tip -- What percent? (we have a guide and driver) My guides with Alla have always been phenomenal so I usually tip my guide 10% and the driver 5%.

Usually, the restaurants I frequent accept credit cards (VISA, MC - AMEX not so much) and I usually do not treat the guide or driver to lunch - it is not expected.

I always have Rubles when I visit Russia but I am usually staying in excess of a week. There is really no need to purchase rubles if you are only there on a port visit. However, you can easily get rubles at the ATM in the Marine Facade (the cruise terminal) upon arrival.