When a Princess isn’t a Royal, Our first RCCL experience on the Oasis!

• 3 months later...

We were never told that we were limited on the number of any of our courses, but then again we didnt try and order 2 entrees so take it for what its worth.

We were on the Oasis last week. When at Chops, I paid the extra $21 for the whole Maine lobster (very good!) and the waiter pretty much INSISTED I get a steak also. I'm not much of a meat eater, but I got the small Filet Mignon. It was very good, and the Hubs enjoyed the part of it I didn't eat.

9840e0d0e6a0eda260ab54b2a34ee688.jpga180ee78c0ce8d2b708500fe62983507.jpg

Just came across your review and thoroughly enjoyed reading it. We are doing our very first RCI cruise on Oasis in just under 3 weeks and really appreciated your play by play of your week.

One question- I'm curious to know which beach this was in San Juan (first picture). Is it near the port, did you take the picture from the ship? We are only docked from 7-2 so not a lot of time for us to do much ashore, thinking a beach for a couple of hours if close by. Thanks again!

Great review! I am curious about a really big ship but I’m not sure we would like it.

We’re doing the Regal Princess next year, so that will be a change.

We were also concerned before we boarded and at the end we were pleasantly surprised. While we noticed some concessions due to the ships size we are glad we went on the Oasis. I would say you should definitely try it.

Just came across your review and thoroughly enjoyed reading it. We are doing our very first RCI cruise on Oasis in just under 3 weeks and really appreciated your play by play of your week.

One question- I'm curious to know which beach this was in San Juan (first picture). Is it near the port, did you take the picture from the ship? We are only docked from 7-2 so not a lot of time for us to do much ashore, thinking a beach for a couple of hours if close by. Thanks again!

We did an excursion that did old and new San Juan. We took this photo near the La Concha and Condado resorts. This isn’t walking distance to port as it’s not in Old San Juan. But it was a short ride over here and was beautiful. The Condado resort was amazing, and also like $500 a night. [emoji33]

Try and experience as much of San Juan as you can it’s an amazing city. The food, the drinks, the people are wonderful.

Great review! I am curious about a really big ship but I’m not sure we would like it.

We’re doing the Regal Princess next year, so that will be a change.

We are also platinum with princess and tried royal. We went on the oasis and didn’t like it at all! We love a promenade deck that goes all the way around outside the ship. Oasis just was too big for us. Last April we tried the Jewel. Much smaller 2500 passengers. Loved it! :)