Which MSC ship has the best Yacht Club?

floridian1

I haven't cruised every MSC ship equipped with Yacht Club amenities, but I'd have to say either Divina or Meraviglia. I've cruised Divina in YC and my family and I had a great time. We've got Seaside booked, but from the reviews from YC cruisers I'm hearing that Seaside YC isn't staffed to the level that Divina is (apparently by design). This is having an affect on levels of service for those who have experienced Divina. But for someone who hasn't yet cruised MSC Yacht Club, I don't think it's a big problem. MSC's Yacht Club offers the most affordable luxury in the cruise industry and my wife and I love it.

I haven't cruised every MSC ship equipped with Yacht Club amenities, but I'd have to say either Divina or Meraviglia. I've cruised Divina in YC and my family and I had a great time. We've got Seaside booked, but from the reviews from YC cruisers I'm hearing that Seaside YC isn't staffed to the level that Divina is (apparently by design). This is having an affect on levels of service for those who have experienced Divina. But for someone who hasn't yet cruised MSC Yacht Club, I don't think it's a big problem. MSC's Yacht Club offers the most affordable luxury in the cruise industry and my wife and I love it.

Reviews from the last few weeks are saying there is a big improvement in the Butler experience on Seaside. Will see for myself in a few weeks. :)

Reviews from the last few weeks are saying there is a big improvement in the Butler experience on Seaside. Will see for myself in a few weeks. :)

Agree.

Recent YC Seaside reviews have been Very good.

We as well will know next month . Booked in the Seaside YC May 12th. Last 4 Cruises within NCL Haven.

Looking forward to MSC and the YC ! :cool:

No service issues at all in YC Seaside. Wonderful service all around, all staff.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Fake News...LOL I saw our Butler and other butlers always around the Pool Bar/Grill as well as by our cabin regularly. We even had Pool Attendants...(guys in red shirts who work the deck,move chairs, etc) ask us if we needed anything or offered to get us a drink. I cannot recall waiting once...excellent service and attention. As a fyi....I was on 3/24 sailing

New to msc, very interested in the yacht club. Which MSC ship has the best Yacht Club?

Is there any big differences between them?

I have only experience on two MSC ships, the Davina and Seaside. I have been on the Divina YC in October and just recently on the Seaside YC in early March. Frankly in my opinion there is no comparison. The YC on Seaside blows the Davina away, in all areas, grill, pool, amenities, butler service, cleanliness, overall service and dining experience. NOT that I find fault with the Davina ( as the Davina blew away anything NCL has within the Haven areas). It was just the surprise on how much the Seaside YC experience was improved over the Davina was impressive. As far as "limited" or "diminished" service goes....Well perhaps in the number of service staff to patron, but with regard to quality, professionalism, and efficiency of service my wife and I were so impressed with the staff, and management of the Seaside. Their attention to detail, and personal service was far superior to their counter parts on the Davina . In the dining room we had multiple waitstaff and were not "assigned" to any particular waitstaff areas or table. So I was able to experience multiple staff in a variety of functions. Each being attentive and professional. The layout of the YC on Seaside is more geared toward patron interaction, and relaxation, Padded lounge chairs, shaded dining areas, and pool attendants who are more than happy to assist you in anyway they can. Plus I did not have to walk the entire length of the ship when i wanted to have dinner as the restaurant for the Davina YC is aft while the cabins are forward. On the Seaside, both are forward . Customer Service personnel were equal, but I found the food a bit better on the Seaside. I hope this helped.

I have only experience on two MSC ships, the Davina and Seaside. I have been on the Divina YC in October and just recently on the Seaside YC in early March. Frankly in my opinion there is no comparison. The YC on Seaside blows the Davina away, in all areas, grill, pool, amenities, butler service, cleanliness, overall service and dining experience. NOT that I find fault with the Davina ( as the Davina blew away anything NCL has within the Haven areas). It was just the surprise on how much the Seaside YC experience was improved over the Davina was impressive. As far as "limited" or "diminished" service goes....Well perhaps in the number of service staff to patron, but with regard to quality, professionalism, and efficiency of service my wife and I were so impressed with the staff, and management of the Seaside. Their attention to detail, and personal service was far superior to their counter parts on the Davina . In the dining room we had multiple waitstaff and were not "assigned" to any particular waitstaff areas or table. So I was able to experience multiple staff in a variety of functions. Each being attentive and professional. The layout of the YC on Seaside is more geared toward patron interaction, and relaxation, Padded lounge chairs, shaded dining areas, and pool attendants who are more than happy to assist you in anyway they can. Plus I did not have to walk the entire length of the ship when i wanted to have dinner as the restaurant for the Davina YC is aft while the cabins are forward. On the Seaside, both are forward . Customer Service personnel were equal, but I found the food a bit better on the Seaside. I hope this helped.

I've never been in the YC on the Davina or Seaside--we travel this June--but I'm curious that you thing the Davina YC "blows away" the NCL Haven. We have been in the Haven three times on two different ships (Getaway and Escape), and those experiences were fabulous. Your point may be true on the older NCL ships without a dedicated Haven area/restaurant, but I'm curious what you are basing this opinion on (new ship vs. new ship).

Thanks.

I've never been in the YC on the Davina or Seaside--we travel this June--but I'm curious that you thing the Davina YC "blows away" the NCL Haven. We have been in the Haven three times on two different ships (Getaway and Escape), and those experiences were fabulous. Your point may be true on the older NCL ships without a dedicated Haven area/restaurant, but I'm curious what you are basing this opinion on (new ship vs. new ship).

Thanks.

I’ve been in NCL Haven on Breakaway. There is no comparison. NCL Haven feels like steerage in comparison. Only equivalent is the dining room.

I’ve been in NCL Haven on Breakaway. There is no comparison. NCL Haven feels like steerage in comparison. Only equivalent is the dining room.

Please explain this. Amenities, staff experience, etc.?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The real estate: private sun deck, pool, hot tubs on beautiful upper deck, not shoe-horned like Haven. Wonderful meals on deck, including breakfast and lunch full service buffets, grill at lunch, heavy hors d’oeuvres late afternoon. Wonderful service. Lounge many times the size of Haven, bow of ship, great views, and outdoor wraparound (on Seaside). All inclusive without extra service charge. And at a fraction of the cost. I would not do Haven again even if it cost 33% less than YC!

I have to fully agree with TrinaLC. We were in the Haven Escape in Oct 2016. I surprised my husband with the Haven Spa Suite. He loved it and said we’d never cruise again unless it was in that type of atmosphere—ship within a ship. I thought oh great, we’ll never sail again. Then I saw MSC Divina’s YC. So we booked it for October 2017. We have never cruised 2 years in a row. We had the suite on 12, the one without the balcony. I was afraid we’d miss it. The the views we had from the bow was fantastic. On the Davina the Haven cabins are all over the ship, most of them on 16 where the Lounge was. We were blown away with the service and the amenities. The pool area on Divina blew away the little courtyard on the Escape. When on a cruise I like to enjoy the sun and the sea views. On the Escape it was a hot steamy spa atmosphere. The roof was never open. The Haven restaurant was awesome with very attentive staff. However, on the Divina, the waitstaff always greeted us by name. Loretto, our waitress, knew the wine I liked and never let my glass get more than 1/2 empty, but she never assumed. When we sat down she made sure I was drinking the same wine. My DH likes to change his wines up. The food was phenomenal. They change their menu up with a few nightly staples. The Haven restaurant always had the same menu which I think they do that so that you go to the specialty restaurants. My cost conscious DH was so blown over by the Divina that he suggested that we take our DD, her DH, her DD and her DS on on.cruise in summer of 2019 for our 70th birthdays and our 50th anniversary. So we are booked on the Seaside in two cabins in the YC in July of 2019. With the reviews I’m seeing of the Seaside’s YC, I’m so excited looking forward to this cruise. It’s a long way away, but I know the time will fly. We, like TrinaLC, would not do Haven again even if the prices were a lot less than YC. Happy cruising.

The Divina has YC2 cabins the Seaside does not

Some people do not like these because they are 3 decks down from the main Yacht club area and do not have balconies. They were only about $200. more than the YC1

The tradeoff is the size. There are only 3 of these and take the entire front of the ship.

Totally separate bedroom and living room. Both have floor to ceiling windows. They have solid doors to close off.

You can leave the drapes open and wake to the entire sunrise.

Like a small apartment minus the kitchen

Living room has a full size couch and 2 big stuffed chairs and large TV plus other furniture.

off the bedroom is a separate dressing table area which is across from a giant walkin closet. There is a large TV in the bedroom. With the doors closed, you could have both TVs on and not disturb each other.

There is another good size closet when you first enter the cabin. There is a safe in each closet.

The bathroom has separate shower and jetted tub and 2 sinks,

We would usually get the YC2

Felt a bit cramped in the YC1 on Seaside but there is NOTHING like the Yacht Club experience. Once you have done it, you cannot go back.

I finally booked seaside yc for next summer 2019..thanks everyone.

Does anyone remember what time the yc pools/hot tubs were open until?

Also is room service free?

In haven we used the insuite dining alot from the haven restaurant...does yc offer something like this?

• 7 months later...