Ruby Oct. 2018 drydock

Chad_O

29 minutes ago, Thrak said:

We will see for ourselves soon. We board Ruby for 7 days on November 10. Then we have a one night hotel stay before boarding Coral for 19 days. We'll do a MUTS comparison. 🙂 I know I recently read about one of the ships replacing the MUTS screen but can't for the life of me remember which one it was. D'Oh!

Thrak,

Will you be in the Elite club when you complete the Coral cruise?

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

We will see for ourselves soon. We board Ruby for 7 days on November 10. Then we have a one night hotel stay before boarding Coral for 19 days. We'll do a MUTS comparison. 🙂 I know I recently read about one of the ships replacing the MUTS screen but can't for the life of me remember which one it was. D'Oh!

Caribbean Princess has a new screen. 

Dazzling Enhancements in Sight and Sound

How do you improve one of the most breathtaking cinema experiences at sea? By introducing a new screen that replaces the original 16 mm LEDs with 8 mm LEDs for twice the picture definition. You’ll also experience truer, richer colors and deeper blacks, along with 160-degree Extreme Wide Angle Viewing so everywhere is a great seat, plus Smart Contrast and Brightness that automatically optimize the picture for time of day and weather. We’ve even amped up the watts of our sound system to handle the biggest blockbusters and concerts.

Edited by Cinerama

1 hour ago, Lucky TGO said:

Thrak,

Will you be in the Elite club when you complete the Coral cruise?

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

Nope. Not by a long shot. If we manage to do the 5 cruises we have booked I will be elite on the 5th cruise - November 2019. When we get to that cruise we will have completed 13 cruises and 154 days. If that works out that 5th cruise will be 14 days as elite.

On 10/21/2018 at 4:14 PM, AZJerry said:

Exactly

Just got off the Ruby.  There was no pepperoni pizza the day we boards - the Daily Special was anchovy!  We tried it - it was terrible!!  Hardly any sauce or cheese.  So, I guess they've managed to ruin the pizza.  The Coffee & Cones was having some maintenance at the time we went by so we couldn't ask about milk shakes, although I don't think there were any.  We didn't go back up there so didn't get another chance to find out... or to give the pizza a second chance.

15 hours ago, Thrak said:

We just got off the Ruby. The MUTS screen looked find to me when we were up there right after boarding.

6 hours ago, Pamster said:

Just got off the Ruby.  There was no pepperoni pizza the day we boards - the Daily Special was anchovy!  We tried it - it was terrible!!  Hardly any sauce or cheese.  So, I guess they've managed to ruin the pizza.  The Coffee & Cones was having some maintenance at the time we went by so we couldn't ask about milk shakes, although I don't think there were any.  We didn't go back up there so didn't get another chance to find out... or to give the pizza a second chance.

Not good news. I'll find out for myself next week.

9 hours ago, Pamster said:

Just got off the Ruby.  There was no pepperoni pizza the day we boards .....We didn't go back up there so didn't get another chance to find out... or to give the pizza a second chance.

Is it possible they had not gotten a supply from that day's load on yet?  Not positive, but I don't think they can start to distribute supplies from embarkation until load on inventory is complete.

22 hours ago, jlp20 said:

Is it possible they had not gotten a supply from that day's load on yet?  Not positive, but I don't think they can start to distribute supplies from embarkation until load on inventory is complete.

I suppose that's possible, but we've never had pizza like this before on the Lido deck.  And with the new menu, I was thinking it might be their "new" pizza.  Maybe others will report a better experience.

Any word on the internet? I was under the impression that ships getting the Ocean Medallion upgrade would also be getting the new internet packages- I forgot the different types, there were 3. One was social, one was streaming, I don't recall the other.. I've seen lots of mention of Ocean Medallion installed on Ruby, but when I go look at my booking (leaving April 2019), it still shows the 'minutes' internet packages. 

48 minutes ago, Cyn874 said:

Any word on the internet? I was under the impression that ships getting the Ocean Medallion upgrade would also be getting the new internet packages- I forgot the different types, there were 3. One was social, one was streaming, I don't recall the other.. I've seen lots of mention of Ocean Medallion installed on Ruby, but when I go look at my booking (leaving April 2019), it still shows the 'minutes' internet packages. 

They've only started the Ocean Medallion installations.  The screens on next to the doors and the doors are wired to them, but no actual medallions yet.  The internet was the same old internet, and, in fact, was down during the night a lot, maybe they were working on it for the medallion upgrade.  I had trouble connecting from our cabin, but none from the public areas.  

• Like 1

Oh! Thank you, Pamster! I thought Ocean Medallion was completely finished and functional already and there would be no further upgrades to the ship. I'll hold onto hope that those new internet packages will be on Ruby before my sailing!

4 hours ago, Cyn874 said:

The third type is "surfing" which is below the streaming package in capability.