Carnival Corporation (CCL) stock

Lagalag18

As a reminder:

Falsely claiming benefits for being a veteran is now a federal crime in the United States.

President Barack Obama signed a revised version of the Stolen Valor Act that defined the violation as relating to fraudulent claims about military service “with intent to obtain money, property, or other tangible benefit.”

Although not stated in this info blurb I thought the Military Benefit was extended to all of the UK. Is this not correct?

Military Benefit for Veterans and Active/Retired Personnel

To thank the brave men and women of the American and Canadian militaries for their service, Princess Cruises offers up to $250 free onboard spending money* for veterans as well as active, retired or disabled military personnel. This special military benefit is eligible on any cruise, any time of the year and can be used to purchase a wide variety of amenities and experiences including Lotus Spa treatments; dining in our specialty restaurants; gifts, jewelry and clothing in our onboard boutiques; and Princess Cruises shore excursions.

6 days or fewer: $50 per eligible person

7 - 13 days: $100 per eligible person

14 days or longer: $250 per eligible person

First and Second Passenger in Cabin ONLY

I’m not a vet myself, but I believe I have heard of veterans of all numbers of countries qualifying for the benefit.

My guess would be if you are a veteran of any country... send in the information.

Vulgaria is still not a country. Chitty Chitty

My shareholder credit for our cruise on the Royal Princess in September took just a few hours to appear after I faxed in my request last week. The only time I had a problem was when I sent a request for back-to-back cruises. They applied the credit to one but not the other. I just sent in another request for the second cruise and got it.

I’m not a vet myself, but I believe I have heard of veterans of all numbers of countries qualifying for the benefit.

My guess would be if you are a veteran of any country... send in the information.

Vulgaria is still not a country. Chitty Chitty

US, CDN, UK only

Active armed service (so incl USCG, but not uniformed NOAA or USPH)

Retired armed service (20+ yrs svc)

Veteran (2yrs svc or 6mo active war zone)

The second one seems redundundant.

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/faq_answer_legal/Military_Personnel_Benefit_US.pdf

US, CDN, UK only

Active armed service (so incl USCG, but not uniformed NOAA or USPH)

Retired armed service (20+ yrs svc)

Veteran (2yrs svc or 6mo active war zone)

The second one seems redundundant.

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/faq_answer_legal/Military_Personnel_Benefit_US.pdf

There is actually another category that applies. My son was only in the service for a short time but was medically retired at 110% disabled. He wasn't in a war zone unless you count Fort Benning, Georgia as a war zone. (Don't ask me how one gets above 100%. It's the Army...) He definitely gets the military benefit. He broke his neck at age 20. He's 43 now.

There is actually another category that applies. My son was only in the service for a short time but was medically retired at 110% disabled. He wasn't in a war zone unless you count Fort Benning, Georgia as a war zone. (Don't ask me how one gets above 100%. It's the Army...) He definitely gets the military benefit. He broke his neck at age 20. He's 43 now.

Good to hear, but sorry he qualifies.