Teary eyed in Curacao- Monarch

tx121

Yesterday and today we ported with Pullmantar Monarch as we all know was Monarch of the Seas. She was the first ship we ever cruised and we became emotional not seeing her with the crown and anchor logo on top. She looks to be in fine condition from the outside. Great memories had on that ship. It’s just weird seeing these former ships transformed into a different company but still feel like they are Royal

• 1 month later...

I totally understand. I was sad to hear when they sold Sovereign and Empress because my first three cruises were on those ships. When they brought back Empress, we were happy about it. My parents sailed on her last spring and enjoyed being on a small ship.

Yesterday and today we ported with Pullmantar Monarch as we all know was Monarch of the Seas. She was the first ship we ever cruised and we became emotional not seeing her with the crown and anchor logo on top. She looks to be in fine condition from the outside. Great memories had on that ship. It’s just weird seeing these former ships transformed into a different company but still feel like they are Royal

We had the same sad and teary emotions when we saw "Oceanic" in Villefranche Harbor sailing under Pullmantur ownership . She had that distinctive silhouette design with her magnadome (sp) that covered the pool during inclement weather--the pre-cursor to the Solarium.

Our first cruise and sailed her from NYC to Nassau in the early 70s. Sailed her again many years later under the Disney as the "Big Red Boat".:ship::(

• 1 month later...
The Monarch was our First Royal Cruise in 1996!

(She was so beautiful and nothing like the 13,000 ton "camper" ship NCL Sunward II!)

Because of Monarch, Royal became our go to cruise line!

Hey there Shelley,

I’m not sure if you know you’re doing this or not but all 10 or so of your posts this morning have been response to people who have posted over a month ago. You might need to refresh your browser.

Hey there Shelley,

I’m not sure if you know you’re doing this or not but all 10 or so of your posts this morning have been response to people who have posted over a month ago. You might need to refresh your browser.

Thanks for letting me know. I was looking back for a news posting from Cruise Critic regarding the tech issue for the lists being dropped on Royal Meet and Mingle. Do you know where I can find it?

Monarch was our first RCL cruise. We were on our honeymoon and had booked a balcony cabin which was really special because there weren't so many of them back then. That summer there were quite a few hurricanes but our cruise managed to dodge them and we had a great time.