What is your favorite meal in the MDR?

LongHill44

none- it is all "banquet prepared" food. plated in masses and then brought to the table. nothing is cooked to order. if you order the "steak house" selections they are cooked to order but by the banquet kitchen and they microwave (even good meat) it was terrible!!!! Just spend the $$$and go to the steakhouse instead. Way better!!!!

Just back from a 7 day on carnival-

none- it is all "banquet prepared" food. plated in masses and then brought to the table. nothing is cooked to order. if you order the "steak house" selections they are cooked to order but by the banquet kitchen and they microwave (even good meat) it was terrible!!!! Just spend the $$$and go to the steakhouse instead. Way better!!!!

Just back from a 7 day on carnival-

I have to agree. It seems quality drops a little every time I cruise. Our last MDR experience was so subpar and mediocre we have about decided to do just that, budget specialty dining for each night. I use to love the first elegant night menu but this past time the "prime rib" and lobster were tough as shoe leather. First time I ever asked for a replacement and it wasnt any better. I wound up eating pizza.

My go-to when they don't have something interesting (which is often here lately as I've tried most of it and already know it's not good) is the Caesar salad, Shrimp cocktail (or 2 if using as an entrée), Flat iron steak (if not having 2 shrimps) and WCMC. Oh, and the soups. Hot or cold. They are pretty much all good.

I have to agree. It seems quality drops a little every time I cruise. Our last MDR experience was so subpar and mediocre we have about decided to do just that, budget specialty dining for each night. I use to love the first elegant night menu but this past time the "prime rib" and lobster were tough as shoe leather. First time I ever asked for a replacement and it wasnt any better. I wound up eating pizza.

Be aware Carnival "specialty dining" steakhouses are now serving warm-water lobster instead of the cold water lobster they used to serve.

I always order the same thing every night. The flat iron sirloin cooked well with 2 appetizers of shrimp cocktail. Followed by Warm Chocolate Melting Cake. I'm simple.

I'm not a steak expert, but I was under the impression that flat iron steak is not a sirloin. My experience with the flat iron steak in the MDR is that the quality is hit or miss. It is a flavorful cut of beef, but it is not a consistently tender cut of beef. I've found sometimes it is very tough. I agree the shrimp cocktail is great!