will Hal ever bring back the Atlntic Adventurer (med)

CJcruzer

We did the Atlantic Adventurer twice. Great time with lots of wonderful people. However, HAL had to discount the fares toward the end as not enough people wanted to do it. My guess is that if they were to add a second Voyage of the Vikings, so many would book it that the price would go down and it would be the same as the Atlantic Adventurer.

If the Atlantic Adventurer were to come back, we would book it on the first day!!!!!!

Jim

One itinerary we loved and HAL no longer does was the PanAmerican cruise round trip out of San Diego.

We did it 3 times -- it was always sold out. One time Ecuador was even added to the itinerary.

how is the PanAmerican itinerary you did different than what is currently offered as Inca Discovery r/t San Duego. It visits Mexican, Central American, South American ports - Manta, Ecuador being one of them.

We also would be happy to rebook this cruise (AA) having been very happy with it in 2015 & 2017. I was told by a fellow cruiser on the 2017 Atlantic Adventurer cruise that this cruise was being discontinued because so many passengers were 4 and 5 Mariners and their many perks interfered with the profit margin. Guilty as charged. Hard not to take advantage of free laundry and 50% off wine packages, etc.

Maybe if enough of us petition HAL to reinstate the Atlantic Adventurer, corporate will reconsider and increase the price (just enough!) to justify the sailing.

How about it cruisers; is a quick email worth getting HAL to perhaps reinstate this cruise in 2020?

We enjoyed this cruise twice, in 2014 and in 2017. It included some of the same ports we visited in 2014 but in many of those, including Rome, you can always find lots to do. We enjoyed it but want to go other places now. One of the fun things about this cruise was that we met up with people who had traveled with us before.

Mysticsailor, I like your idea! We did the AA in 2014 and thought about doing it again. Due to the length of the cruise, it was definite that many aboard were 4 or 5 star Mariners. We made a couple of friends on that trip that we still stay in touch with.

So let's tell HAL that we miss the itinerary and would love to see it return. It really was a great experience, and we wouldn't mind repeating it someday. Yes, we have other places to see we have not been, but many of the ports on the AA are well worth a second viewing.

Maybe a third ports change every year, such as the Canary Islands instead of Azores. This was last year's Ports of call:

Ft. L, Horta & Sao Miguel Azores, Lisbon, Malaga, Cartagena, Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca, Livorno, Rome,Naples, Dubrovnik, Kerkira, Katabolic, Athens, Rhodes, Souda, Valletta, Palermo, Cagliari, Gibraltar, Cadiz, Casablanca, Funchal, Half Moon Cay, Ft. L.

I don't mind repeats at all. I have become very fond of a few and happily return to some memorable restaurants

...sort of like going home. And who could ever get tired of that dawn sail into the port of Valetta!

Maybe a third ports change every year, such as the Canary Islands instead of Azores. This was last year's Ports of call:

Ft. L, Horta & Sao Miguel Azores, Lisbon, Malaga, Cartagena, Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca, Livorno, Rome,Naples, Dubrovnik, Kerkira, Katabolic, Athens, Rhodes, Souda, Valletta, Palermo, Cagliari, Gibraltar, Cadiz, Casablanca, Funchal, Half Moon Cay, Ft. L.

I don't mind repeats at all. I have become very fond of a few and happily return to some memorable restaurants

...sort of like going home. And who could ever get tired of that dawn sail into the port of Valetta!

Goodness yes, bring it back!!!!! Thanks for the list of ports - give or take some changes. Which ship usually does this?

Prinsendam usually, I recall.

It was the Maasdam in 2014 and Veendam in 17. We did hear rumors,and of course they could be just that, that HAL will roll it out again at a much higher price. We did pay quite a bit for these cruises so we have no idea what they are looking for. Nice cruise nonetheless.

Rotterdam was the ship in 2016.

I had posted a review of the 2017 AA-- if interested do a search, it was titled:

Veendam review: 49 days Oct. 20-Dec. 8, Ft Lauderdale--Mediterrean--Ft. L.

By the way when looking it up noticed that I had titled the review of port Malaga incorrectly as Malta, my bad.

Sorry, I have not yet learned how to post a link.

If anyone, and you albingirl, hear more re an AA repeat please post your findings; it seems many are wishing for a repeat.

Thanks --Chas