The Last Straw on NCL? Awesome!

descal13

How about live and let live?

It literally takes you no input and no more effort but you'll choose the worse way just because you can. And that's why the world is the way it is today. I've become more aware lately of just how much plastic refuse I make daily, and it is a lot. Everything you buy these days is wrapped in lots of plastic, foam, etc. But you can make small, painless, no thought required steps towards reduction.

Then again we are on cruise ships that basically burn road tar to move

How good are cruise companies at recycling other materials, paper, plastic etc? Or does most of it go into the trash?

Every piece of trans that goes into trash cans is hand sorted down in environmental. Things that can be recycled are crushed and stored for recycling. Most trash is incinerated. Food and bones are ground and are discharged. What's left is compacted and stored as trash.

I am sorry to disagree. But, you sound like a propagandist for a cause of whose goals you are not fully aware.

You can disagree as is your right but you sound like a conspiracy theorist who sees lies and deception everywhere.

Do you really think that people in China or India for example will do everything you ask them to do to make you feel good about yourself while they struggle in life without potable water? Yo, put your feet on the ground already. I am all for the environment, but jeez leave my plastic straws alone. They serve a great purpose on a cruise while relaxing on vacation.

Just because someone else will not do as requested does not mean you should ignore the request also.

You can disagree as is your right but you sound like a conspiracy theorist who sees lies and deception everywhere.

Open your eyes sis, before reality opens them for you. The world and its mechanisms work differently from the illusion you are living in. All your snowflaky attacks because I, like many, like my frozen drinks with a magnificent plastic straw. If they don't provide them, I will bring them and I, like always, will discard them in the proper trash bin. What the cruise line does after that, I can not control, nor do I give a rats behind. :cool:

Open your eyes sis, before reality opens them for you. The world and its mechanisms work differently from the illusion you are living in. All your snowflaky attacks because I, like many, like my frozen drinks with a magnificent plastic straw. If they don't provide them, I will bring them and I, like always, will discard them in the proper trash bin. What the cruise line does after that, I can not control, nor do I give a rats behind. :cool:
Let me guess, this is all a vast conspiracy by scientists and environmentalists being funded by the compostable straw industry?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

Final thoughts:

Plastic straws on cruises should be upon request by the customer. That way everybody is happy and the environmentalists can have their day in the sun (literally). Can we reach a compromise here?

However, if the cruise lines go to paper or biodegradable straws, I welcome that too. But, we know that will cost them probably more than plastic, so I don't see that happening.

It really is moronic to serve a frozen drink without a straw. But starbucks is allowed to serve their coffees with plastic straws. I don't see the uproar against starbucks. Ahhh no, that's the make me feel good place where I pay 8 bucks for a coffee that costs 1.50 at McDonalds. Alright, I understand.