Inheriting status

If DS is Diamond and his girlfriend moves in with him, will she inherit his status as they are both at the same address?

Yes, but your son has to contact C&A and declare the girlfriend his "significant other".

I would have thought that they would have to be married. What happens if she moves out? Will she retain the status or can he call and have it revoked? I wonder how many people do this just so the other person can have their status even when they really don't live together?

I would have thought that they would have to be married. What happens if she moves out? Will she retain the status or can he call and have it revoked? I wonder how many people do this just so the other person can have their status even when they really don't live together?

Royal does not demote people, unless their C&A level is due to a mistake of some kind.

Yes, but your son has to contact C&A and declare the girlfriend his "significant other".

Thanks! It’s madness but....

So A lives with B, B becomes Diamond. They split up... B moves in with C, and C inherits B’s Diamond status. A moves in with D....D becomes Diamond.... etc etc.

No wonder the lounged are so crowded lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah great concept... Isn't it!:rolleyes:

Especially when A is only Diamond as he inherited the status when he was under 18 via his parents LOL!

Meanwhile B has serious commitment issues and dumps C and moves in with E.......;p

ps: this is not my DS as I have no children....asking for a friend!

Thanks! It’s madness but....

So A lives with B, B becomes Diamond. They split up... B moves in with C, and C inherits B’s Diamond status. A moves in with D....D becomes Diamond.... etc etc.

No wonder the lounged are so crowded lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is there any difference if A marries B, B becomes Diamond. They divorce, both remarry, then their new spouses become diamond?

Didn't it used to be only on that particular trip? May be confusing my cruiselines but thought they acknowledged highest level in cabin.🤔

Exact opposite of what RC does. Temporary occupancy of cabin with higher status companion means nothing.

Didn't it used to be only on that particular trip? May be confusing my cruiselines but thought they acknowledged highest level in cabin.[emoji848]

On Celebrity your cabin mate gets to go to cocktail hour too, irrespective of their status

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On Celebrity your cabin mate gets to go to cocktail hour too, irrespective of their status.

You are correct... Celebrity extends temporary status to cabin mates [must be sharing the same stateroom] for purposes of attending the Elite/Elite +/Zenith cocktail hours and the morning coffee breaks when sailing with a Captain's Club member who has attained one of those membership tiers... Other loyalty benefits--such as internet and laundry--are not extended to the cabin mate...

Is there any difference if A marries B, B becomes Diamond. They divorce, both remarry, then their new spouses become diamond?

Yes, seen it. My Ex not even a Diamond in her own, was Diamond Plus due to me. We divorced, she moved in with another. Other is Diamond Plus with 2 total Royal cruises.. Not that I really care, she got my status, I got the kids..

You are correct... Celebrity extends temporary status to cabin mates [must be sharing the same stateroom] for purposes of attending the Elite/Elite +/Zenith cocktail hours and the morning coffee breaks when sailing with a Captain's Club member who has attained one of those membership tiers... Other loyalty benefits--such as internet and laundry--are not extended to the cabin mate...

I think that is a smart way to do it...but maybe RCI wants to spread it around and then tell us they need to cut benefits because they can not sustain it...:rolleyes::evilsmile::mad:

My understanding with regard to children is that they don’t get to keep the status once they turn 18 unless they have enough cruise points on their own.

No, they keep their status but they only have their own earned points.

Suzy Q could be Diamond with 10 Points. At age 18 she remains D but needs 165 points to reach D+

Sent from my iPhone using Forums