Delivery time from MDR?

39august

I know this will vary by ship and even sail date, but would some of you tell me the wait time you experienced when ordering off the MDR menu for lunch or dinner for in cabin dining, please? And do you order thru' room service or do you call the MDR?

Normally if you want room service, you order off that menu, I am not sure how restricted they would be should you want to order off that. If you want food for a specific time...I would call maybe an hour - 45 minutes in advance. I don't remember on Celebrity, but Princess offers you special meals on balcony breakfasts and dinners....but they do cost $$

Depends on when you order. If it is lunch time they will be pretty busy. Could take 40 min or so. Just depends as it changes day to day and hour by hour. Sorry this doesn't help much.

I am pretty sure you have to call room service to order. I know we did when we ordered dinner one night. They don;t update the on screen menu everyday so you can;t order va the TV.

We usually order room service twice a day, sometimes more. On a sea day we much prefer to sit on the balcony and have breakfast, lunch, snack than around the pool or in the buffet. I paid for an ocean front room, I'm using it - lol

Edited to add: Just read what justcrusn posted. The club sandwiches are great! Sometimes order two and combine the meats but they are great on their own. Ahh... sitting on my balcony with a club sandwich..... OK, time for yard work

Thanks to all. We very seldom use room service. But being able to order from the MDR menu is interesting. I'm sure we will try it at least once. Sitting on my balcony with a drink, waiting for dinner to be delivered. Sounds pretty good. PS How's the room service cheese plate? I found the OVC pretty weak on cheese selection.

I find the regular room service cheese plate quite dull. And sometimes the cheese is dried out. It comes with saltines.....:o.

I have tried to ask for crackers for cheese, but they claim not to have any at room service. When I do order it, I order it with a fruit plate as well. The only food I bring on board are crackers for cheese in a resealable bag.

Normally if you want room service, you order off that menu, I am not sure how restricted they would be should you want to order off that. If you want food for a specific time...I would call maybe an hour - 45 minutes in advance. I don't remember on Celebrity, but Princess offers you special meals on balcony breakfasts and dinners....but they do cost $$

Celebrity has been doing lunch and dinner off the MDR menu in all cabins for over 20 years.