One thing you wish you’d packed?

We are finally under a month to our first family cruise (with kids age 3 & 5), and starting to gather and buy some of the things we don’t already have for the trip (water shoes for kids, travel size essentials, etc.) I have a good sense of what to pack, but curious about what might not be so obvious.

What is one thing you wish you had packed on your first cruise? It’s the Oasis Western itinerary if it makes a difference. Thanks for any input!

I always bring a pop up hamper when I travel with my kids - it gives them a place to put their dirties and helped us stay organized.

On the other hand on our last cruise I brought way too many clothes for them. They didn’t eat with us every night and didn’t need 7 dress up outfits. Kids club for the win!

Another vote for the pop-up hamper. And we don't have kids. But it still keeps us organized and the dirty clothes out of sight.

Battery candles for night lights. There are never enough plugs for night lights.

Towel clips, just like chip clips but larger. To use on towels poolside when the wind blows. Hamper for dirty clothes.

I was able to get clips at Dollar Tree. They looked like large oversized plastic clothes pins. Worked perfectly. 6 to a package.

Different sizes of Ziplock bags.

Basic meds/first aid cream, especially as you have kids, as they are not always available in the store, plus very expensive.

Plastic coffee type cup with lid and/or sports bottle. You can fill for yourself or kids with water, juice, lemonade, coffee, etc. Just make sure you use a glass to fill and don't put your bottle up to the sprocket.

Pen/paper - used to be in desk draw, but not always there any more.

Magnetic hooks for the cabin walls to put my jacket and hats on.

Clear shoe hanging bag to put all our toiletries in. So much easier than digging around in a suitcase bag, when items are needed.

Lanyard, because too often I don't have pockets and I don't want to carry a purse everywhere I go.

I usually bring large kitchen garbage bags for dirty clothes, etc. Fabreze, batteries, USB chargers and cables, small notebook (3"x5") and pen or pencil for writing down names, addresses, etc., freezer ziplock 1/2 gallon and gallon bags to waterproof electronics on excursions, extra memory cards, medicines, sunscreen, .....

I start a list and everytime I think of something or sometimes when I use something, I write it down. Don't know how many times, I forgotten my daily meds.

Also, when I am taking a backpack, I always take everything out before packing. I've lost several pocket knives because of this.

A garbage bag for dirty clothes. Forget a hamper because now u got to take them out of a hamper to pack.

Once u pack take half out, and then take half out again. U do not need much

We always take blow up tubes to use in Labadee or other beaches we go to. Cheap ones u don’t have to worry about taking home.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We slide our hard side suitcases under the bed in the open position. They can then be used to put dirty clothes in. No need to pack a hamper, and it saves baggage weight.

I pack a magnetic sign for the door. It makes the cabin easier to find.

39cc2f569e30ceaeec15db0bf182bae8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums