Bliss promotional materials - Haven Tranquility - Is this deceptive?

DMH15

There are six pages dedicated to Bliss' Haven. Not one photo of a child.

They further mention "bask in tranquility in the Haven Courtyard with a private pool and sundeck", (page 42).

So... what this tells me is that the Haven is for all ages but the haven pool and courtyard is different then the main pool in that it should be a calm and relaxing getaway. There shouldn't be any loud games running shouting, etc. by people of any age… Agree?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is marketing, believe it at your own peril.

The Haven is marketed to families and people with children. That is why so many multi-room suites and why they constantly offer 3/4 cruise free.

I agree with you!!!

I was just pointing out the Marketing.

I have cruised Haven and have always had well behaved kids in there. It is not a problem for me.

Not deceptive at all. Nowhere does it say no kids and kids don’t necessarily mean it’s going to be noisy and chaotic. The kids on my sailing were very well behaved and the Haven was tranquil.

No where does it show kids, or say it is family oriented. And I agree with you that being in the Haven has never been a problem for me. Not even once. But I have read the contrary on here. I just find it funny NCL chooses a visual of a dozing couple on loungers. With the word tranquility. On another page they could have shown a family picture.

It is marketing, believe it at your own peril.

The Haven is marketed to families and people with children. That is why so many multi-room suites and why they constantly offer 3/4 cruise free.

Although they seem to be very skimpy on the 3/4 free in the Haven recently... tried to use that promotion and it was full price for all four of us.

3rd/4th free is sometimes a matter of luck. There was a 2 week gap between my kid's last day of school and the "normal" start of summer vacation. If we lived in the next county, we would have missed it. During the summer and the popular holidays, 3rd/4th free is very rare. It saves about $1,500 in the Haven.

If you are trying to infer that only children can have the propensity to disrupt the marketed tranquility of the Haven, you weren’t around my last experience with intoxicated adults who were expentially more disruptive than laughing children.

They don’t include those types in the brochures either... but there they were.

If you think pretty pictures and words in an advertisement brochure is some form of promise or guarantee, never look at a clothing catalog because you will never look like the models wearing the clothes and the retailer won’t compensate you for it when you don’t.

We were in an Owner's Suite on the Pearl during public school spring break and, much to my amazement, every time we trekked up to the Haven, it was empty. The g'kidlets traveling with us had no interest in hanging out there, preferring the Kids Club by far.

We were in an Owner's Suite on the Pearl during public school spring break and, much to my amazement, every time we trekked up to the Haven, it was empty. The g'kidlets traveling with us had no interest in hanging out there, preferring the Kids Club by far.

Wish we had the same experience on the Breakaway during spring break. This was probably because the main pool area was cold many of the days. Kids weren’t horrible, but they were running around jumping in and out of hot tubs and yelling. Again not horrible but not tranquil.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It never ceases to amaze me, mention anything remotely negative about kids on CC and people come out of the woodwork about how their kids aren't like that and they have never had any type of bad experience with children.

They further mention "bask in tranquility in the Haven Courtyard with a private pool and sundeck", (page 42).

If that's what they say, people (young and old) shall be allowed to run and scream there.

They don't say much about children in the Haven but since most of the suites have two bedrooms we can expect it to be children there.

Another reason for couples travelling without children to choose MSCs Yacht Club. Very few suites designed for more than two persons there.

It never ceases to amaze me, mention anything remotely negative about kids on CC and people come out of the woodwork about how their kids aren't like that and they have never had any type of bad experience with children.

And it amazes me that people are perfectly okay prejudging kids, but insert a particular gender, race, ethnicity, etc instead of “kids” and it’s unheard of, offensive, and horrible.

We will be in the Haven in November for a 2 week sailing. Do you think since it's 2 weeks there will be less children' date=' due to them missing school? Maybe just very young children?[/quote']

Probably. The last few years we've chosen 9 to 11 day cruises in the Fall and there have been few school age children onboard.

Probably. The last few years we've chosen 9 to 11 day cruises in the Fall and there have been few school age children onboard.

Thank you! I love kids and have my own plus 7 grandkiddies, but when paying for the Haven, I'd prefer tranquility!! :cool:

If that's what they say, people (young and old) shall be allowed to run and scream there.

They don't say much about children in the Haven but since most of the suites have two bedrooms we can expect it to be children there.

Another reason for couples travelling without children to choose MSCs Yacht Club. Very few suites designed for more than two persons there.

Of course I mean NOT be allowed!

And it amazes me that people are perfectly okay prejudging kids, but insert a particular gender, race, ethnicity, etc instead of “kids” and it’s unheard of, offensive, and horrible.

I agree, except that kids are expected (OK, at least by me) to be kids. Hell, in kid spaces I WANT them to be kids.

Adulthood is highly over-rated.

Not sure which ship you are talking about but the majority of the YC rooms on the Seaside have at least a single sofa bed, many with a double sofa bed and some with a Pullman too. And recent reviews about kids in the YC have not been favorable, mainly in the restaurant.

Yeah. It’s like bad drivers.

All those bad drivers on the road every day...yet I’ve never met anyone who’s a bad driver. Hmmm. :confused: