The Final Voyage of the Norwegian Escape from Miami

BirdTravels

Not exactly sure what point you are you trying to make.

NCL always tries to sail their ships with the suites full. They have have always offered upgrades via the upsell desk.

With the cruise line launching a new megaship and adding 2300 cabins a year, the manual upsell desk did not scale well and the replaced it with a semi-automated system.

On some cruises, it has been cheaper to pay retail for a suite than playing games with the upgrade system. And you get all of the suites promos.

They have not always offered upsells and there was no such thing as an upsell desk. With any upsell you did NOT get the promos and benefits - we had it on a number of occasions- maybe that is just the UK.

There was a system of people contacting certain guests but you could not contact them.

What I am driving at is that your "poor" bid won when NCL clearly would prefer to be getting more. It proves my point that Haven is not selling out on every cruise as NCL would have you believe and that the yield is lower than they would expect.

What this means is that it becomes a no brainer to book a suite and put in a low bid for out season cruises. Unless you are desperate for the Haven why pay the full asking price

Anyway thanks for your reply

Butler Treats

c74e382c5cb84b0aab18af95f28bc9a4.jpg

3356fc4a68f5a037f01e0a43ae208ca1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Were the bottle waters part of the Butler treats? I drink a LOT of water and figuring if we should get a case right away or just buy as we go.

Enjoy your trip and thanks!!

Were the bottle waters part of the Butler treats? I drink a LOT of water and figuring if we should get a case right away or just buy as we go.

Enjoy your trip and thanks!!

you get one free bottle of water depending on your latitude status. it is hard to tell from that picture if that is the size they gave you as a latitude perk or the ones you purchase elsewhere on the ship

They have not always offered upsells and there was no such thing as an upsell desk. With any upsell you did NOT get the promos and benefits - we had it on a number of occasions- maybe that is just the UK.

Incorrect.

Must be the UK. Sorry that you were unaware. The upsell desk only recently totally shut down as the final ships moved to the Upgrade advantage. NCL has always sailed with their suites full. They used the upsell desk to fill them.

Yes, some people got emails to call in for an upsell. But that did not preclude most people from just calling the upsell desk starting 2 week’s before sailing and haggling for the lowest upsell price. (It was always a hot topic on CC).

Nothing has really changed other than the automation of the haggling. It took nearly 2 years to move all of the ships to the Upgrade Advantage system.

Not sure what the criteria is for accepting bids.

FWIW: We are Platinum Plus members starting with a Spa Minisuite (highest category below a Haven room). We placed bids for H9, H7, H6, and H5 rooms. We watched as the room inventory went down on Monday and our roll call reported awards. The room inventory continued to change on Tuesday. On Wednesday we got an H5 award with others on our Roll Call reporting getting awards.

Edited by BirdTravels

Were the bottle waters part of the Butler treats? I drink a LOT of water and figuring if we should get a case right away or just buy as we go. Enjoy your trip and thanks!!

Sorry for the incorrect caption. The two small (500 ml) bottles of water were our Platinum Plus water. Suites below owners suites come with one 1 liter bottle of water.

We got 1 bottle of sparkling wine from latitudes and 1 from the suite.

We had our steward empty the minibar and our butler leave pitchers of water and ice tea in there.