Ultimate dining package question

Hi all

Just wondering what’s a decent and reasonable price for the ultimate dining package on a 7 day cruise on Harmony, currently my planner is saying £146.16 (I’m in the UK) per person which is nearly $210. This seems quite expensive after seeing other people’s posts. We are not sailing until next year, will,it come down?

Thanks.

Not possible to predict pricing. However, if you buy and the price later goes down, you can cancel and reorder.

Bob, is that also true for UK customers? Our rules over here seem much more restrictive than the US sadly.

Bob, is that also true for UK customers? Our rules over here seem much more restrictive than the US sadly.

Yes, to my knowledge, UK customers can also cancel items they purchase in the Cruise Planner.

I was surprised to see the price of the Ultimate Dining Package at over $200 here for our January cruise on Harmony. I have never seen it priced differently than the $168.

I have been on Allure three times and it's always been that price and this will be our first time on Harmony and I was floored that the price was so high.

UDP includes sea day lunches, each extra sea day adds 25.00. We have the 12 night Symphony booked for OCT. and the UDP is $348.00 per person because of 11 sea days. And as added frustration they are only offering a 3 night or ultimate package. Called RCL to ask about a 5 or 7 night package and was told all packages are at the discretion of the captain.

Keep in mind that the prices for speciality restaurants are higher on Harmony than other ships. We were just on her in March and paid $55 pp in Chops.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can understand that, but the 5 night package, which is what we usually get is still the same price as we paid on Allure, which is $115. It's just he UDP that is more.

UDP includes sea day lunches, each extra sea day adds 25.00. We have the 12 night Symphony booked for OCT. and the UDP is $348.00 per person because of 11 sea days. And as added frustration they are only offering a 3 night or ultimate package. Called RCL to ask about a 5 or 7 night package and was told all packages are at the discretion of the captain.

I wonder if the cruise planner would allow the purchase of more than one 3 night Dining package, make it a 6 or 9 Night package.

dp

I wonder if the cruise planner would allow the purchase of more than one 3 night Dining package, make it a 6 or 9 Night package.

dp

I don't think so as one of the conditions is that the first booking must be used on either the 1st or 2nd night

My experience regarding a 7-nighter on Harmony is that the UDP is currently $203pp, which equates to $29 per day. It used to be $168pp or $24 per day prior to the price increase. The $5 per day price increase is likely tied to the across the board increase in specialty restaurant pricing.

dp

I don't think so as one of the conditions is that the first booking must be used on either the 1st or 2nd night

I was going to suggest this as well. It made me check my Cruise Planner. There are no restrictions listed on a 3-night package on my Freedom sailing. It says they will make a courtesy reservation for the first night but all other reservations and changes must be made on board. This makes me think you can change the booking to another night.

The cost for 3 night is $75/person. The cost for the ultimate is $168/person ($24/night). 4 night is $90/person and 5 night is $105/person.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Is this accurate that you can choose either the 1st or 2nd night for the first booking? How do you find out your courtesy 1st night dining reservation, once on board?

So, if we don't want to eat in a specialty restaurant on the first night, can we cancel it and move it to the second evening?

We want to try the 5 night package on our upcoming cruise, but this will be our first experience with a specialty package (any specialty dining actually)

Confused.

Dan

... How do you find out your courtesy 1st night dining reservation, once on board? ...

You can either wait until you get into your stateroom where there will be a letter, or go to any specialty restaurant as soon as you board.