Lido market menus?

vedettes1

Do they post any sort of menu for what will be offered in Lido Mkt at dinner time? On several X trips I have been frustrated not to know what might be available.

The menus are available during the afternoon of the meal. On some ships, they are available during the breakfast time.

Thanks. One night on X, we wandered through the buffet after eating in MDR, just to see what it was like in the evening. We discovered they were carving roast suckling pig! I grabbed a taste and it was far better than the MDR entrée I had just had. But there didn't seem to be any way to know in advance what the buffet choices would be.

I noticed on our last several cruises that there would be little signs on the tables at lunch time in the Lido, advertising some of the special foods that would be available in the Lido for dinner. It wouldn't be the whole menu but some highlights. Also, like a previous poster said, there is a menu board near the entrance to the Lido that had more details.

I think HAL has really stepped up their Lido offerings (at least on the Koningsdam). On one of our cruises we never ate in the MDR for dinner at all, and we didn't miss it !

We have always been pretty big on the main dining room and restaurants over the buffet when cruising.

On the ships we have cruised, until now, the best offerings, and things like the good special starters and desserts have always been only in the main dining room(s). Those things can make a difference.

Would this be true on HAL, even if the buffet seems to be very good, improved, as mentioned?

We like the food both places, but at times the Lido is such a zoo that it is not relaxing at all. It is fun to have a taste oaf everything, however. Much prefer the pace of the MDR. Find it easier to do portion and calorie control

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have always been pretty big on the main dining room and restaurants over the buffet when cruising.

On the ships we have cruised, until now, the best offerings, and things like the good special starters and desserts have always been only in the main dining room(s). Those things can make a difference.

Would this be true on HAL, even if the buffet seems to be very good, improved, as mentioned?

With very few exceptions, (sometimes no lobster tails, no filet mignon, more bread choices, more dessert choices, two custom Salad Stations, and Dessert Station), the Lido Market serves the same menu as the MDR.

Have sailed Princess and Holland both, just returned from princess cruise getting ready for Holland trip. A few things I really appreciate on Holland, posting of menu for the Lido. many of the same items from main dining room available in Lido, morning papers with world news, warm gooey rolls with or without nuts sure hope these are still available. Have always enjoyed cruises on either line but have to give an extra thumbs up to Holland.

With very few exceptions, (sometimes no lobster tails, no filet mignon, more bread choices, more dessert choices, two custom Salad Stations, and Dessert Station), the Lido Market serves the same menu as the MDR.

On our last cruise, I was up in the Lido getting something to drink after dinner. It had been Beef Wellington in the MDR that evening, but as I ambled by the buffer, I happened to see it there too, so I'm not too ashamed to say that I sat down and had another 2 servings, as on a cruise is the only time I can get it.

Cheers,

Have sailed Princess and Holland both, just returned from princess cruise getting ready for Holland trip. A few things I really appreciate on Holland, posting of menu for the Lido. many of the same items from main dining room available in Lido, morning papers with world news, warm gooey rolls with or without nuts sure hope these are still available. Have always enjoyed cruises on either line but have to give an extra thumbs up to Holland.

What you specifically stated that you enjoy on HAL was still there on the Zaandam this past December/January. The Front Office had a hard time keeping enough of the New York Times papers in the racks. But, when pointed out that none were available, more were printed.

We're just back from part of the World Cruise on MS Amsterdam and Lido served the same menu at dinner as the MDR. The nice things about Lido was that you could pick your own sides and didn't have to have the waiter change the set sides for entrees as you do in the MDR.

I noticed on our last several cruises that there would be little signs on the tables at lunch time in the Lido, advertising some of the special foods that would be available in the Lido for dinner. It wouldn't be the whole menu but some highlights. Also, like a previous poster said, there is a menu board near the entrance to the Lido that had more details.

I think HAL has really stepped up their Lido offerings (at least on the Koningsdam). On one of our cruises we never ate in the MDR for dinner at all, and we didn't miss it !

So far we have only seen this on the K’dam, they actually market eating in Lido. At lunch on gala night they had pup tent cards saying that Lido would have lobster and filet. Made me wonder on the strategy, is it easier and cheaper to deliver food in Lido then the MDR?

We like the food both places, but at times the Lido is such a zoo that it is not relaxing at all. It is fun to have a taste oaf everything, however. Much prefer the pace of the MDR. Find it easier to do portion and calorie control

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

While I agree with the calorie comment, MDR can be pretty chaotic as well.