Sapphire Princess

CretaMed88

When is Ocean Medallion going live?

No date listed.

As Coral wrote, the Sapphire was not even listed on the original ***** schedule.

After the Regal the original rollout schedule was as follows:

• Royal Princess (January 2018)
  • Caribbean Princess (March 2018)
  • Island Princess (May 2018)
  • Golden Princess (November 2018)
  • Crown Princess (November 2018)
  • Ruby Princess (January 2019)

I was notified that the Royal Princess will not have ***** implemented before our May 2019 cruise and it’s been posted that the Caribbean will now be the second ship. You can read more details on the “Ocean Medallion” thread but even the Regal isn’t expected to be fully operational until late 2018.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2621739

There are many problems with this new shipboard technology which is now estimated to take up to a year for it to be operational on the first ship.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Yeah, I'll be very disappointed if we are stuck with the old mattresses during our Scandinavian cruise in May (I believe this is the first of your B2B's)

There was one cruise where I had an awful bed, dreadful bed. I complained and they brought a different bed to me. While better, not much better. If I don't have a new bed on my sailing, I am going to ask for a new one!

As Coral wrote, the Sapphire was not even listed on the original ***** schedule.

After the Regal the original rollout schedule was as follows:

• Royal Princess (January 2018)
  • Caribbean Princess (March 2018)
  • Island Princess (May 2018)
  • Golden Princess (November 2018)
  • Crown Princess (November 2018)
  • Ruby Princess (January 2019)

I was notified that the Royal Princess will not have ***** implemented before our May 2019 cruise and it’s been posted that the Caribbean will now be the second ship. You can read more details on the “Ocean Medallion” thread but even the Regal isn’t expected to be fully operational until late 2018.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2621739

There are many problems with this new shipboard technology which is now estimated to take up to a year for it to be operational on the first ship.

What is this Ocean Medallion?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What is this Ocean Medallion?

A complete disaster so far.....

Dave gave the answer and you can view their marketing hype on this webpage but so far it’s all unfulfilled promises for this new shipboard technology.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ocean-medallion/

The other thread I previously provided has more details on the situation.

Yeah, I'll be very disappointed if we are stuck with the old mattresses during our Scandinavian cruise in May (I believe this is the first of your B2B's)

Correct, we stay on after May 26 cruise for Baltics. Then a couple of nights in Southampton ,then Royal Princess - British Isles.:halo: In our early Princess cruising days, we used to ask the cabin steward for a 'egg crate mattress topper.' sometimes we got one, sometimes we missed out.

• 6 months later...