Small Fans?

Lhound92

We’ll be on Glory in June too. :) And yeah, I got word from someone who was just on it that their cabin was warm too. We were on Conquest two years ago and experienced the same thing. We take our portable fan (8 inch) on all of our vacations, including that last cruise, and will be taking it again. Not just for cooling, but for white noise too. We take a long extension cord (10 ft.) so I can put the fan right by the bed.

We’ll be on Glory in June too. :) And yeah, I got word from someone who was just on it that their cabin was warm too. We were on Conquest two years ago and experienced the same thing. We take our portable fan (8 inch) on all of our vacations, including that last cruise, and will be taking it again. Not just for cooling, but for white noise too. We take a long extension cord (10 ft.) so I can put the fan right by the bed.

I think I'll follow your lead and do this on our upcoming cruise. A fan will be great. However I love my white noise machine. Homedics makes an excellent one for under $20 that I use every night. It has 5 or 6 different sounds. My favorite is "ocean" of course!

But I have a question. We are flying to our port a day ahead, and will have a car so we could go to Target or someplace and buy a cheap box fan. If we carry it on, and then leave it (since it may be hard to get it home on a plane), is that OK? Is this something our steward might appreciate and be able to use, or is it just trash they have to figure out how to dispose of?

I always like bringing my plug in alarm clock that is lighted at night so if i wake up i can see the time and a extension cord.

RCL out of miami conficated my extension cord, (not carnival). When i asked i got the ridiculous answer that i might try to hang myself so it was a danger. ... i wasnt happy. Had to wait and pick it up after the cruise.

Never know when you will run into some ridiculously zealous screener before you board.

Used to bring a pair of scissors, cut my bangs, or whatever, they come in handy, now you can only bring a tiny pair.

Hopefully Carnival never takes your ext cord!!!

I cut back on cruising, when you know the menu by heart and get grumpy about little things, i take a break ... but raring to go again.

Think I’m gonna bring one for each side of the bed so BF and I both get one

See ya on June 9th!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Part of Carnival's cost-cutting the last few years has been to cut back on air conditioning. They love to tell you 78 degrees is acceptable if you complain, and they aren't going to do anything about it. Unless you're anemic or otherwise very cold-natured, taking a fan is a must. I pack a fan in my checked bag every cruise. And the first time Carnival confiscates it will be my last Carnival cruise. I can't sleep in a hot cabin.

But I have a question. We are flying to our port a day ahead, and will have a car so we could go to Target or someplace and buy a cheap box fan. If we carry it on, and then leave it (since it may be hard to get it home on a plane), is that OK? Is this something our steward might appreciate and be able to use, or is it just trash they have to figure out how to dispose of?

Are you talking about a full-sized box fan? Because I've read on here that some people do take them. If so, you might want to ask Guest Services if they'd like it. They do have a limited number of fans to loan out to passengers, so maybe they'd take yours as a donation. Who knows, but worth a shot.

I always like bringing my plug in alarm clock that is lighted at night so if i wake up i can see the time and a extension cord.

RCL out of miami conficated my extension cord, (not carnival). When i asked i got the ridiculous answer that i might try to hang myself so it was a danger. ... i wasnt happy. Had to wait and pick it up after the cruise.

Never know when you will run into some ridiculously zealous screener before you board.

Used to bring a pair of scissors, cut my bangs, or whatever, they come in handy, now you can only bring a tiny pair.

Hopefully Carnival never takes your ext cord!!!

Personally, I would recommend that people take their fan in their carry-on for this exact reason. If I come across an overzealous screener who may not know everything that's allowed and I have my fan in my carry-on with me, at least I'll know they have a problem with it right away and I can plead my case that it is allowed. Otherwise I wouldn't know it's confiscated until I saw the letter in our cabin.

Carnival does recommend that power strips, extension cords, etc. be in new or like new condition. My portable fan is actually several years old, but in great shape and still in its original box, so it looks new.

I'd much rather have a cold room than a hot one. If it's cold, I can always cover up more. If it's hot, there isn't much I can do and I can't sleep when I'm hot.

Think I’m gonna bring one for each side of the bed so BF and I both get one

See ya on June 9th!

I mentioned this in another thread, but after reading that Guest Services has a limited number of fans to loan out, I think we'll try to get one, in addition to our portable fan. Since I keep reading that the Glory is warm all over the place, I having a feeling two fans will come in handy.

Part of Carnival's cost-cutting the last few years has been to cut back on air conditioning. They love to tell you 78 degrees is acceptable if you complain, and they aren't going to do anything about it. Unless you're anemic or otherwise very cold-natured, taking a fan is a must. I pack a fan in my checked bag every cruise. And the first time Carnival confiscates it will be my last Carnival cruise. I can't sleep in a hot cabin.
The whole "cutbacks" complaint is growing by the day. Now A/C is a cutback? :confused: We were aboard the Conquest two years ago and, while our cabin was warm (not overly hot), the other areas of the ship were quite comfortable. The people we cruised with, their cabin was right behind ours and was very cool.