Amsterdam Question (and Thank You) for Ine

A big thank you to Cruise Critic member, Ine, for all of your wonderful assistance on these boards. Perhaps you can advise me as to the best way to get to the Movenpick in Amsterdam, when we arrive by train at the Centraal Train Station. We are traveling in Europe before we board our cruise, so will be coming by train from Berlin to Amsterdam, arriving on a Friday afternoon, about 3 p.m. Many thanks, in advance, for your advice on the best way for two seniors to get to the Movenpick Hotel with luggage from the Centraal Train Station. Although it appears that it could be walking distance, it might be a struggle for us with our luggage. Thank you again - I always enjoy reading your helpful posts.:)

Not Ine

the Movenpick will pick you up at the train station just contact them when you arrive there

or take a taxi it is a short distance

if you take the tram you still need to walk down to the hotel from the bridge

Indeed Movenpick offers s shuttle service to/from Amsterdam Centraal Station as far as I know. It is a real short drive for a few minutes only. I donot think any cabdriver will want to make that short drive. Check with the hotel re shuttle, or maybe get an Uber. It is walkable for about 10/15 minutes (in that case take the northern exits, not the centre ones) but if you have much luggage not advisable.

Not Ine

the Movenpick will pick you up at the train station just contact them when you arrive there

or take a taxi it is a short distance

if you take the tram you still need to walk down to the hotel from the bridge

Fantastic - thank you very much.

Also not Ine. (She is the greatest though, isn’t she)

Movenpick’s website has directions on how to and when to contact them to get their shuttle to pick you up.

https://www.movenpick.com/fileadmin/files/Hotels/The_Netherlands/Amsterdam_City_Centre/PDF_2015/Letter__Pick_up_CS.pdf

Many thanks for the link and information. Yes - Ine is such a great resource!

Indeed Movenpick offers s shuttle service to/from Amsterdam Centraal Station as far as I know. It is a real short drive for a few minutes only. I donot think any cabdriver will want to make that short drive. Check with the hotel re shuttle, or maybe get an Uber. It is walkable for about 10/15 minutes (in that case take the northern exits, not the centre ones) but if you have much luggage not advisable.

Thank you very much for your reply. I will plan to arrange for the hotel's shuttle.

If they are at the train station it is hardly worth going back to the airport to get a transfer

Agreed. Was trying to save the trip on the train and an additional hotel shuttle with just a pick up outside of baggage claim. It’s a few dollars more, but saves dragging luggage around.

Agreed. Was trying to save the trip on the train and an additional hotel shuttle with just a pick up outside of baggage claim. It’s a few dollars more, but saves dragging luggage around.

Maybe you should read again what was asked....the posters arrive BY TRAIN from Paris at Centraal Station, they never asked about transportation from the airport............

I thought I'd come back to add that due to construction and related road closures, the Movenpick's shuttle cannot stop at or near the Central Station until further notice. As a result, the hotel concierge stated that they are not currently taking shuttle reservations but to check back the day before or day of our arrival. He also suggested two alternatives: take tram 26 (first stop is the Movenpick Hotel) or a 12 minute walk from the station to the hotel. Hope this information is helpful to others.

Hopefully there won't be any problems with Viking getting us from the airport to the Movenpic on the 14th. But we will have to get to centraal station to get tram passes. The trams no longer accept cash on board.

Hopefully there won't be any problems with Viking getting us from the airport to the Movenpic on the 14th. But we will have to get to centraal station to get tram passes. The trams no longer accept cash on board.

There used to be a gift shop near the Movenpick that sold the day passes you might see if they still do