Future Cruise Certificate?

dolphin lady

I will be on the Dawn in a couple of weeks. I was wondering if I purchased future cruise certificates can I use them on a cruise already booked, but have not made final payment? I'm thinking they are only used for a deposit on a future cruise, but thought it might be worth asking.

I believe that the Future (Next) Cruise Certificates are ONLY sold on board the cruise that one is on at the time of purchase.

Since the purchase of the certificates on the cruise already underway is paid for the refund or reduction of fare would be not applicable.

What shof515 has noted would be extremely rare.

The theme thought is the certificates are to be used for a Future cruise or Next cruise one would be planning.

The certificates are to be used within -4- years of purchase and only one at a time per cruise***.

*** Some cruises perks and promos allow the use of multiple (2) certificates being used on a single cruise.

On our Jade cruise a few weeks ago, they had this promo going on that I had never heard of on our sailings.

Basically it was a BOGO without the $100 OBC. We bought one certificate for $250 and got another one for free. They told us we could use 2 certificates at at time (double up) as long as our next cruise was 6 or more months out.

We also had the option of just buying one $250 certificate and getting the $100 OBC.

It just made more sense to buy one get one.

We will going on the Dawn this summer and purchasing more cruise next certificates that we would like to apply towards the Bliss next February.

My question which I should of asked the cruise next girl, does anyone know if there is any advantage to booking your next cruise while on a cruise?

Yes, you can use them on a future cruise that you have already booked. Officially they are supposed to be used for new bookings, but the reality is they accept them for cruises already booked. I’ve done it many times, through my TA, with no problem.

On our Jade cruise a few weeks ago, they had this promo going on that I had never heard of on our sailings.

Basically it was a BOGO without the $100 OBC. We bought one certificate for $250 and got another one for free. They told us we could use 2 certificates at at time (double up) as long as our next cruise was 6 or more months out.

We also had the option of just buying one $250 certificate and getting the $100 OBC.

It just made more sense to buy one get one.

We will going on the Dawn this summer and purchasing more cruise next certificates that we would like to apply towards the Bliss next February.

My question which I should of asked the cruise next girl, does anyone know if there is any advantage to booking your next cruise while on a cruise?

That has been the situation for years now. If you buy one voucher then you get $100 discount (ignore them calling it OBC). If you buy two then you get $250 discount.

What they are doing lately is offering exactly the same thing, but presenting it two different ways. You can either buy 2 and get $250 back, or you can buy one and get one free. It is exactly the same thing.

Be aware that you can only use 2 vouchers if you are booking a balcony or higher.

In answer to your other question, if you book onboard then you get an upgrade by one category. For example, if you book a BC then you will actually get a BB. You can't upgrade between different room types (i.e. from a oceanview to a balcony) or on some special categories, such as aft rooms etc. In effect it is a small discount, maybe $50-$100. as long as you are booking into a fairly standard category.

That has been the situation for years now. If you buy one voucher then you get $100 discount (ignore them calling it OBC). If you buy two then you get $250 discount.

What they are doing lately is offering exactly the same thing, but presenting it two different ways. You can either buy 2 and get $250 back, or you can buy one and get one free. It is exactly the same thing.

Be aware that you can only use 2 vouchers if you are booking a balcony or higher.

In answer to your other question, if you book onboard then you get an upgrade by one category. For example, if you book a BC then you will actually get a BB. You can't upgrade between different room types (i.e. from a oceanview to a balcony) or on some special categories, such as aft rooms etc. In effect it is a small discount, maybe $50-$100. as long as you are booking into a fairly standard category.

Thanks for clarifying. :)

Do you know if the upgrade works on Haven categories?

Thanks for clarifying. :)

Do you know if the upgrade works on Haven categories?

No, sorry, I don’t know how they work for the Haven.

I believe that there are specific Haven cruisenext vouchers aren’t there? I’m not sure how standard ones work when booking the Haven (I prefer to sail with the rabble).

I will be on the Dawn in a couple of weeks. I was wondering if I purchased future cruise certificates can I use them on a cruise already booked, but have not made final payment? I'm thinking they are only used for a deposit on a future cruise, but thought it might be worth asking.

I was able to use 2 on the cruise I had already booked. I also was able to apply as payment online with no assistance from anyone else.