Refundable vs. Non Refundable

Has RCCL changed their cruise planning options. Prior to looking today, if I plotted a future cruise, I was able to see the two options.......refundable vs. non refundable. I could see the difference in price, OBC, etc. Today, when I checked a future cruise, only ONE option shows and of course it is the non refundable price. Is the normal, refundable deposit cruise fare still available and where can I see it on RCCL's site.

You have to go all the way through the booking process to see the refundable rate. It will show up after you add all passenger info

Sent from my BG2-W09 using Forums mobile app

That really sucks..........time to start looking at other vacation options. If I am looking to book a cruise 10-18 months from now I really do not want my first choice to be a non refundable deposit fare. They are just making it less desirable to consider their products.

That really sucks..........time to start looking at other vacation options. If I am looking to book a cruise 10-18 months from now I really do not want my first choice to be a non refundable deposit fare. They are just making it less desirable to consider their products.

This is really aggravating. In order to check prices of multiple cruises, you now have to enter all the guest info. Not a happy camper here.

Agreed

I did a quick check on third party site, exp. cruises and hotels and such, seems like they are displaying refundable and non refundable rates

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Same here. I use an online TA's site to price out cruises since I'm not only looking at RCL. The site I use shows both price options.

I went to ************ and priced an existing cruise I have booked. Guess what.....the price that came up was the non refundable rate and I could not even access the regular refundable deposit rate

Travel Agents can see Refendable Deposit rates for you without having to input any names.

Exactly. I price non refundables all the time. Love them, so much cheaper. We know when we are going to cruise. We have cruises booked all the way through April 2020, all non refundables.

Exactly. I price non refundables all the time. Love them, so much cheaper. We know when we are going to cruise. We have cruises booked all the way through April 2020, all non refundables.

Unfortunately non-refundables aren't the best option for everybody.

If you are looking at a GS or higher, they are all non refundable. Only JS and lower have the refundable option and after final payment non refundable.

Yes, but what OP is saying, and I found myself this morning, is that you can not check the refundable rate on the website like you could in the past. You have to enter passenger info to see the refundable rate on our regular balcony cabins. It stinks big time!

You have to go all the way through the booking process to see the refundable rate. It will show up after you add all passenger info

Is it in fine print somewhere? I did this, and the next page wants my credit card number and non-refundable deposit...

Is it in fine print somewhere? I did this, and the next page wants my credit card number and non-refundable deposit...
It's on the same page where you pick your dining time. There's a box to check if you want refundable

Here's a screenshot

Edited by molly361

SELECT YOUR PREFERENCES

TRADITIONAL DINING

Traditional Dining lets you enjoy reserved seating at a set time each day.

MY TIME DINING

Enjoy a flexible dining schedule.

PRE-PAID GRATUITIES

Guests who do not pre-pay gratuities will see an automatic daily gratuity charge on their onboard SeaPass account.

$87.00 USD/room

REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT

If you cancel prior to the final payment date, your full deposit will be refunded. This adjustment will be reflected in your total.

$65.00 USD/roomYou will lose $50.00 Onboard Spending Credit.

I went to ************ and priced an existing cruise I have booked. Guess what.....the price that came up was the non refundable rate and I could not even access the regular refundable deposit rate

In order to research what is available by date I use an online TA (so no phone calls). This site does not allow me to say which but it is one that pops up when you use the Cruise Critic find a cruise link. When I choose a particular cruise I can see all price options including differences between refundable and nonrefundable. It also describes the perks of the nonrefundable (in my case some OBC).

Example: on an Allure cruise we are considering the difference between the refundable vs. nonrefundable is $33 a person and no OBC for the balcony category we are considering. I can see all of that on one screen and it doesn’t require inputting anything.

I find this much easier to use for research.