Cabin 4029 or 4031

cruiseaholic78

Does anyone know if the bed is facing forward or aft in cabins 4029 and 4031. Any other tips welcome.

Depends on the ship and cruiseline. You asked the same question on the Azamara Board and Azamara currently has 2 close to identical ships. Ships are different on Oceania.

Depends on the ship and cruiseline. You asked the same question on the Azamara Board and Azamara currently has 2 close to identical ships. Ships are different on Oceania.

I am sorry I meant of course the RR ships and that is why I also posted on Azamara they have the same layout. I checked the Azamazing spreadsheet first but hardly anyone thought it important enough to add this info.If I can choose I prefer to have my bed facing the way we are traveling.

Rosalyn

I’ll add another question. Since the bathrooms in adjacent cabins will have the plumbing serve both - to save on $$ and space - wouldn’t the beds be head to head? Of course, then u have to figure out which ones are sharing the utility shaft.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’ll add another question. Since the bathrooms in adjacent cabins will have the plumbing serve both - to save on $$ and space - wouldn’t the beds be head to head? Of course, then u have to figure out which ones are sharing the utility shaft.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

IME

The head of the bed in one cabin is against the same wall as the next cabin one will face aft the next cabin faces forward

We have been in several on deck 4 but never really paid attention to the direction you face when in bed

with some people it is a motion thing

I cannot sit on the subway in seats facing aft

sideways is OK but for some reason not facing forward it is a problem

YMMV

In any case why does it matter the OP has her/his reasons

• Like 1

I was in a inside on Marina that the bed faced starboard to port. Would that mess you up?

I never notice that much one way or the other. I guess I've been in them all different ways.

I also posted this question on the Azamara forum and someone thought it was a Feng Shui thing, it is a motion sickness thing and if I can choose I prefer to face forward.

I really don't think I would like sideways though! at the moment we have 4029 which I gather from info here faces backwards so will try to change it.

Thanks for your thoughts on this.

Rosalyn

P.S. azam71209 if you remake the bed then you are sleeping without a headboard with your feet on the headboard, that sounds really weird to me!

I also posted this question on the Azamara forum and someone thought it was a Feng Shui thing, it is a motion sickness thing and if I can choose I prefer to face forward.

I really don't think I would like sideways though! at the moment we have 4029 which I gather from info here faces backwards so will try to change it.

Thanks for your thoughts on this.

Rosalyn

P.S. azam71209 if you remake the bed then you are sleeping without a headboard with your feet on the headboard, that sounds really weird to me!

We are currently on Nautica and have friends in your exact cabin, 4029. I'll ask today and get back to you.

Mike

Talked to our friends, 4029 bed is facing aft, head in the direction of sailing.

Mike

Thanks Mike you have no idea how difficult it was to find this out, but if the bed is facing aft doesn’t that mean your feet plus head are also facing aft and you are travelling backwards instead of forwards which I want?

Rosalyn

Thanks Mike you have no idea how difficult it was to find this out, but if the bed is facing aft doesn’t that mean your feet plus head are also facing aft and you are travelling backwards instead of forwards which I want?

Rosalyn

That is correct, Rosalyn. Your would want 4023, 4027, 4031, or any other cabins in the every other sequence.

Mike

• Like 1

That is correct, Rosalyn. Your would want 4023, 4027, 4031, or any other cabins in the every other sequence.

Mike

Thanks Mike finally the answer I want, I have nearly two years to change and maybe we will decide to spurge for a veranda.

Rosalyn

• 2 years later...

Back again, unfortunately the cruise was cancelled however trying again in 2022 and hoping again for help. This time going for a veranda cabin deck six oneven numbers, around 6059/6061/6063/6065/6067.

Trying to work out which is the best cabin for me, I prefer to face the way the ship is traveling, if I have one number I can of course work out the rest as the headboards are B2B as it were.

I hope someone  can help.

Rosalyn

36 minutes ago, cruiseaholic78 said:

Back again, unfortunately the cruise was cancelled however trying again in 2022 and hoping again for help. This time going for a veranda cabin deck six oneven numbers, around 6059/6061/6063/6065/6067.

Trying to work out which is the best cabin for me, I prefer to face the way the ship is traveling, if I have one number I can of course work out the rest as the headboards are B2B as it were.

I hope someone  can help.

Rosalyn

I am not sure if  it will work out  but  we were on deck 7 in 7115 

we were facing aft  when in bed  so 7111 should be facing  forward 

Deck 6 may  be set up the same way  or not LOL

We have been on deck 6  but I honestly do not pay that much attention  so hopefully someone has the  correct info for you