Sunshine grill at Sunshine suites resort

1cruisingal

check the web site

this place is not on the beach ......

https://sunshinesuites.com/hotel-overview/

We’re a short walk from the sparkling ocean waters and white sand

In addition, Guests enjoy the following amenities at our neighboring sister property on Seven Mile Beach including charging privileges to your hotel room

I have eaten there, and it's a hidden gem. Great tacos. Very small restaurant, very casual and low key.

No idea if they allow cruise ship visitors to use the pool, though, and it's on the far side of West Bay Rd, not the SMB side, and behind a strip mall. So not very close to the beach, really.

I'd second the idea of checking out their website, maybe contact them about the pool.

Sunshine Grill does not offer beach access to lunch guests, no. Overnight guests at the Sunshine Suites have to pay the Westin daily resort fee to be able to use the facilities at the Westin.

My Bar at Sunset House has zero beach - it's ironshore with a dive ladder - let alone allowing beach access, so I'm not sure quite how that is at all relevant to the question....

Hotels on the island generally do not allow pool access to visitors just dining there or drinking in the bar.

All that having been said, beach access (i.e. to the sand and the water) is public throughout the Cayman Islands over the whole beach so you don't have to go anyplace particular. However this does not include the use of things like chairs, umbrellas and cabanas.

I have eaten there, and it's a hidden gem. Great tacos. Very small restaurant, very casual and low key.

No idea if they allow cruise ship visitors to use the pool, though, and it's on the far side of West Bay Rd, not the SMB side, and behind a strip mall. So not very close to the beach, really.

I'd second the idea of checking out their website, maybe contact them about the pool.

I agree about the great tacos. DH likes the burgers.

Now that you've added in snorkeling - from Sunshine Grill, if you walk across West Bay Rd, you're near the Westin. To the right of the Westin is Governors Beach, which is pretty and usually not crowded, but has no facilities. You can snorkel out to a few patch reefs with some pretty fish. I think of it as mini-snorkeling. It's about a 10-minute walk from the restaurant to the beach, but about 1/2 of that is getting from the restaurant to the road.

The beach in Cayman is "public". You can go on the beach anywhere you wish. You can walk freely. If you are told otherwise, you are being lied to.

This does not mean that you can use the beach chairs at a particular property, however, the beach is available to all.

Has anyone eaten at the Sunshine grill in Grand Cayman? How was the food?

My Bar at Sunset House has zero beach - it's ironshore with a dive ladder - let alone allowing beach access, so I'm not sure quite how that is at all relevant to the question....

cuz My Bar and the adjacent restaurant are known as some of the best on the island for a LONG LONG time ....

Opening question was about FOOD and the bar menu at My Bar is tops on the island ....

I was first there in mid 80's and they were not new then. I'm happy to know I won't need to worry that you've a seat I'd have liked .....

35113048.jpg?k=9ab39a2c3f5353c407da1b60f8f785ca418f4dadbed76e6b6214904797e663fd&o=

No, resort facilities are not open to cruise ship guests.

To have resort/pool access, you would have to actually rent a room.

This can be done thru the hotel directly... Call the hotel directly for any info about day rooms.

Or, you might have some luck at resort for a day web-site, based on very limited availability.