We LOVED the Carnival Glory!

travelbug4

We’re just off the Carnival Glory (well last Saturday J )and we loved it!

I can’t stop telling my friends what an amazing cruise we had! I got so many tips from these boards that I thought I would share!

This was our first Carnival cruise….(well, I had taken a 3 nighter about 25 years ago) But our first family cruise on Carnival. We have taken 5 Disney cruises, Royal, Windstar and Holland so I wasn’t sure what to expect from Carnival and an older ship. WOW, were we blown away.

We loved the Carnival Glory! The food was spectacular, the service was by far the best we’ve ever had on a large ship. In many instances the kids liked it better than Disney. And we’re huge DCL fans. We even thought Half Moon Cay was nicer than Castaway Cay. I wish we could move to Half Moon Cay!

We had an oceanview cabin on deck 1 and loved it. Loved the cabin and the location (forward, port). Our room steward was the best. We miss Garry! Our table servers we unbelieveable! We miss them!!!

If you’re going on the Glory soon you are going to really enjoy it! Every crew member we encountered on the ship was happy, helpful and seemed to go out of their way to make this a wonderful cruise.

Boarding was a breeze. Our scheduled boarding time was 12:30 – 1:00pm. We arrived right at 12:45pm and were onboard within 15minutes. Cabins were ready right on time at 1:30pm.

Only negative was debarkation. That was probably the worst I’ve ever seen. But the rest of the amazing cruise made up for that. We absolutely loved all of the ports (Half Moon Cay, St. Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk).

We will definitely sail Carnival again!

Happy to answer any questions!

We'll be on Glory in six weeks! :)

We took our first cruise two years ago aboard the Conquest, one of Glory's sister ships. I had my doubts, cruising was something I never considered and never really cared to do, but a couple members of my wife's family who cruise often talked us into going. So glad we did, we had a blast and couldn't wait to do it again. We felt the same about the Conquest...excellent food, unbelievable service, and our steward, Marlo, was one hell of a guy. And just like you, the biggest negative was debarkation. I mean, we had obviously never seen the process before, but it was a total cluster. It was like the crew had never done it before. You could hear them over their radios all over the place sounding totally lost. It took us forever to debark.

Since the Conquest and Glory are pretty much the same, we'll already be familiar with the layout. We had originally booked with some other members of my wife's family for their first time, but they cancelled on us, so we're taking our son's friend instead. We're going to Grand Turk (for the 2nd time), San Juan, St. Thomas, and Amber Cove.

Thanks for the positive post. :) Nice change of pace from all the complaints lately. Glad you had a great time, ours can't get here soon enough.

Thanks for the review! Glad you had a great time!

How old are your kids? What did they like most about the Glory?

We have cruised DCL and the Carnival Magic, and are considering the Glory for next year. Any insight would be appreciated!

Thanks for the review! Glad you had a great time!

How old are your kids? What did they like most about the Glory?

We have cruised DCL and the Carnival Magic, and are considering the Glory for next year. Any insight would be appreciated!

They are 12 and 14. They enjoyed the minigolf, Dive-In movies, the food (they loved the food; especially the ice cream machine. DCL has that too but on Carnival it was never closed :) And Guy's Burgers. We also played a lot of corn hole and shuffle board. Played games as a family in the library. It just seemed like a more relaxed pace than our Disney cruises. We walked by the 12-14 kid's club a few times but it was never open when we were there; bu they were fine with that. Most of our days were spent in port and off the ship the whole time so by the time we had sea days we were ready to just chill :)

I’ll be on the Glory on June 9th, thanks for sharing your review! Did you find your cabin to be hot? That seems to be what everyone is saying about the Glory

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our room was never hot. We were on deck 1 forward. I'm not sure if location has anything to do with temperature. We had our thermostat to the coldest temp on the dial and it was perfect. The refrigerator worked perfectly too.

I’ll be on the Glory on June 9th, thanks for sharing your review! Did you find your cabin to be hot? That seems to be what everyone is saying about the Glory

Just off the Glory 4/21 to 4/28 sailing. Interior Verandah cabin was 83 degrees first day, called guest services diamond line and a service guy appeared in about 90 minutes. Okay, I had to call twice and he showed up 10 minutes after the 2nd call.

He measured the interior temperature at 80 degrees, inspected the A/C vent, said he saw the issue and needed to open up the flue. He actually waited in the hall for me while I finished up getting ready for dinner, about 5 minutes. When I returned to the cabin later, it was comfortably cool and stayed that way for the rest of the week.

Just off the Glory 4/21 to 4/28 sailing. Interior Verandah cabin was 83 degrees first day, called guest services diamond line and a service guy appeared in about 90 minutes. Okay, I had to call twice and he showed up 10 minutes after the 2nd call.

He measured the interior temperature at 80 degrees, inspected the A/C vent, said he saw the issue and needed to open up the flue. He actually waited in the hall for me while I finished up getting ready for dinner, about 5 minutes. When I returned to the cabin later, it was comfortably cool and stayed that way for the rest of the week.

Good to know thank you!

We’re just off the Carnival Glory (well last Saturday J )and we loved it!

I can’t stop telling my friends what an amazing cruise we had! I got so many tips from these boards that I thought I would share!

This was our first Carnival cruise….(well, I had taken a 3 nighter about 25 years ago) But our first family cruise on Carnival. We have taken 5 Disney cruises, Royal, Windstar and Holland so I wasn’t sure what to expect from Carnival and an older ship. WOW, were we blown away.

We loved the Carnival Glory! The food was spectacular, the service was by far the best we’ve ever had on a large ship. In many instances the kids liked it better than Disney. And we’re huge DCL fans. We even thought Half Moon Cay was nicer than Castaway Cay. I wish we could move to Half Moon Cay!

We had an oceanview cabin on deck 1 and loved it. Loved the cabin and the location (forward, port). Our room steward was the best. We miss Garry! Our table servers we unbelieveable! We miss them!!!

If you’re going on the Glory soon you are going to really enjoy it! Every crew member we encountered on the ship was happy, helpful and seemed to go out of their way to make this a wonderful cruise.

Boarding was a breeze. Our scheduled boarding time was 12:30 – 1:00pm. We arrived right at 12:45pm and were onboard within 15minutes. Cabins were ready right on time at 1:30pm.

Only negative was debarkation. That was probably the worst I’ve ever seen. But the rest of the amazing cruise made up for that. We absolutely loved all of the ports (Half Moon Cay, St. Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk).

We will definitely sail Carnival again!

Happy to answer any questions!

Agree with you, the food, and Service was really, really good on the Glory!

The problem with getting off the ship is not Carnival's, it's Customs, they only had 4 agents to check US pass ports on April 28. The agent stated to us as we passed through, 'we're doing our best', which I replied, 'not your fault they only have 4'!!!

Agree with you, the food, and Service was really, really good on the Glory!

The problem with getting off the ship is not Carnival's, it's Customs, they only had 4 agents to check US pass ports on April 28. The agent stated to us as we passed through, 'we're doing our best', which I replied, 'not your fault they only have 4'!!!

Actually the customs part wasn't the bad part for us at all; it was actually getting off the ship. I just think a better organized plan would do wonders for moving things along.

We were express debarkation so they had us meet in the Amber Palace at 7:15 am with our luggage. We could only enter the theater from the port side deck 3. There were probably about 200 people in there (also with luggage) and they just kept saying move towards the stage, sit in a seat with your luggage and wait for us to call you. So we did just that; it was packed.

Then around 7:20 they said that those with early flights (that was us) may proceed to the door on the starboard side of the theater and exit but everyone else (other zones and those doing excursions in Miami) should remain seated. So you had to basically climb around people. luggage and those little drink tables with your luggage to get out a door that was being blocked by those who either decided not to sit or hadn't been called yet.

Then, 5 minutes later (keep in mind we hadn't even moved 5 feet), they called zones 3 and 4.

Seems like if Carnival had the early flight people enter on one side of the theater and zones 3 and 4 on the other it would have moved a little more smoothly. Or at least let the first group get out of the theater before you call the next two groups.

The line took about 30-35 minutes to get from the Amber Palace to the gangway (port side); then it only took about 15 to get from the ship to the cab.

Again, we had such an amazing cruise. Embarkation was so smooth and quick (love their staggered times). I couldn't believe how quickly we were on the ship and with virtually no lines. I was just truly surprised with the debarkation of the ship. I wondered if maybe the person running it had not done it before.