Faster to the Fun worth it?

blueridgemama

I will miss FTTF on my first Royal Caribbean cruise in January. I have had it on the last three cruises and in the most extreme case in New Orleans, I was on the ship a solid four hours before they finished boarding. In Jacksonville, it only bought me maybe 2 hours on-board early at best. People will continue to buy FTTF even at the higher price.

FTTF is one of the greatest marketing gimmicks ever created. It started in amusement parks where wait times were in excess of an hour. So it's a huge benefit. So the urban legend goes a marketing guy for Carnival was at Disney World, and saw this and decided, WOW, I bet I can get people on Carnival to fork over money. Now Carnival with all the cutbacks in place, and not really wanting to spend any money, looked at this, and realized that this is a service they can give, charge a price, and pay no overhead to do so. So they tested it. It was successful. They raised the price. Success. Wait, wait, and than guess what? Raised the price again, and still, people are buying it. So now the Marketing guy gets a promotion and a giant pat on the back. Carnival gets extra money for basically doing nothing. The customer gets to their room a few minutes before everyone else.

So long story short, Please fork over that money if it makes you happy. It sure makes Carnival happy. So it's a win win for you and Carnival.

The rest of the world, will use their money to buy an actual product.

Gee, tell us how you really feel...LOL

Looks like FTTF is not for you, you do seem a little angry and upset that others would take part in it though, not sure why, its not your money....:rolleyes:

Which cruise in January did you purchase FTTF? I have a January sailing as well (Liberty) and have been waiting ages for it to be released and every day I check and still nothing. Hopefully getting yours means any day now for mine.

After having it last cruise, I won't sail without it!

Carnival Glory January 5th, 2019 cruise, FTTF became available Monday which is about 247 days out.

People say, what’s the rush? Here’s my take. We fly in the day before and have to check out before 11:00. We head to port and get on with FTTF, and can go directly to our room with all our carry on’s and drop them off, lock valuables in safe. Then we are free to roam the ship without having to carry stuff around. That can be a couple hours difference.

And our experience has been getting our luggage early and being able to unpack and then RELAX! So, it’s actually making it so we are NOT rushed. And some say they NEVER have to go to guest services. I usually don’t but had an issue on the last sea day of one cruise where I had to go back 3 times to get it straightened out. Walking by that huge line 3 times paid for FTTF that cruise.

So, even with the increase we decided to buy it.

No need to defend your choices, they are your choices and your money... so no ones business but yours...enjoy!!!!

Looks like FTTF is not for you, you do seem a little angry and upset that others would take part in it though, not sure why, its not your money....:rolleyes:

Easy to see why it makes people angry, I will buy it every time I cruise Carnival, but it is still line cutting. Think of it from a Platinum cruiser point of view. It took a really long time to get platinum, well at least it does now. Most of the perks are worthless, but that getting on the boat early is a big perk. Now, I can pay some cash and get on right behind them on my first cruise.

I honestly feel bad about walking past a forty person barely moving line at guest services when I need it, but not bad enough to get behind them.

Easy to see why it makes people angry, I will buy it every time I cruise Carnival, but it is still line cutting. Think of it from a Platinum cruiser point of view. It took a really long time to get platinum, well at least it does now. Most of the perks are worthless, but that getting on the boat early is a big perk. Now, I can pay some cash and get on right behind them on my first cruise.

I honestly feel bad about walking past a forty person barely moving line at guest services when I need it, but not bad enough to get behind them.

I dont feel bad and neither should anyone else, FTTF is an option that is offered by the cruise line for a fee, end of story. Those that choose to purchase it are making the choice to take advantage of an option offered to them. It is not that difficult of a concept and happens in most industries. You can purchase points or earn them with loyalty use...hotels and airlines do it all the time, you have options in life and options are a good thing....

Carnival Glory January 5th, 2019 cruise, FTTF became available Monday which is about 247 days out.

Thanks for the info. After posting I stumbled on the other FTTF thread about Spring 2019 release and found out it apparently is released on a ship by ship or port basis.

Apparently Pt. Canaveral port hasn't been released yet and it's driving me nuts! Hopefully any day now.

FTTF is one of the greatest marketing gimmicks ever created. It started in amusement parks where wait times were in excess of an hour. So it's a huge benefit. So the urban legend goes a marketing guy for Carnival was at Disney World, and saw this and decided, WOW, I bet I can get people on Carnival to fork over money. Now Carnival with all the cutbacks in place, and not really wanting to spend any money, looked at this, and realized that this is a service they can give, charge a price, and pay no overhead to do so. So they tested it. It was successful. They raised the price. Success. Wait, wait, and than guess what? Raised the price again, and still, people are buying it. So now the Marketing guy gets a promotion and a giant pat on the back. Carnival gets extra money for basically doing nothing. The customer gets to their room a few minutes before everyone else.

So long story short, Please fork over that money if it makes you happy. It sure makes Carnival happy. So it's a win win for you and Carnival.

The rest of the world, will use their money to buy an actual product.

Gee, tell us how you really feel...LOL

Not really, just pointing out that you pay for an item that is pure profit for Carnival. Other cruise lines don't offer it, but rather let those in high loyalty tiers get on first. I just think it's funny how so many people get on a "cheap" cruise only to pay for "free" items.

I just think it's funny how so many people get on a "cheap" cruise only to pay for "free" items.

I choose less expensive cruise lines like Royal and Carnival because then I can afford to upgrade my vacation with FTTF, or a cabana, a spa treatment, or not worry about the cost of shore excursions. Or I could cruise a more expensive line in an interior room, with fewer or no shore excursions, no restaurant upgrades or any other upgrades, and have a more basic vacation (which would be fine, but isn't my choice). To each their own. I don't care or judge what anyone else chooses for their vacation or how they spend their hard earned money.

Not really, just pointing out that you pay for an item that is pure profit for Carnival. Other cruise lines don't offer it, but rather let those in high loyalty tiers get on first. I just think it's funny how so many people get on a "cheap" cruise only to pay for "free" items.

What does it matter if it's "pure profit for Carnival"? They're a business like any other with the purpose of making profit which is the whole point of any business. Profit making is a good thing.

I may be paying for what you perceive as "free items", but to me, standing in line is not what I want to do on vacation so therefore it's worth something to be able to bypass those lines.

What does it matter if it's "pure profit for Carnival"? They're a business like any other with the purpose of making profit which is the whole point of any business. Profit making is a good thing.

I may be paying for what you perceive as "free items", but to me, standing in line is not what I want to do on vacation so therefore it's worth something to be able to bypass those lines.

Some people believe their time is worth money and I agree. Although some people's time aren't worth a penny.

I'll save you some time from arguing with some people. Some unnamed people on this forum are allowed to continually berate Carnival and their services even though they do not use them. For the most part they are fans of another cruise line and only come here to stir the pot and cause ill will. However, because the powers in the universe who determine these sorts of things believe that this is a fair thing to do as a "critic" as long as you are civil about how you post it is allowed to continue even though I consider it to be toxic sludge.

The real question surrounding FTTF being "worth it" really is about "is it worth it to YOU". For some people it clearly is worth it but to others it is not.

Furthermore, for someone to say that FTTF is not a real product is pretty ridiculous because it is indeed not a product at all. It is a service. If services are not worth money please don't let the doctors, lawyers, cosmetologists, teachers, etc. know that because I think zillions of services are paid for everyday by people across the globe and do have value.

Happy cruising!

Its a service, not an item. I really don't care what % is profit, good for them, I support Capitalism to its fullest and hope they make tons of money. For me I would gladly pay someone $100 cash to let me go to my room right away and get organized and not have to sit around guarding luggage in an overcrowded dining area or pool deck.So $60 is a bargain for me. When the rare occasion comes up that I need to use GS, I would rather hand someone Twenty bucks to be able to step out of the longest line for the shortest one.

Paying for the service FTTF provides isn't a "free" item. How would I be able to go straight to my room as soon as boarding starts without paying extra? Its not free. I can book a bunch of extra cruises with Carnival , skipping over others that I love as well for it and get Platinum but in the end, nothing is free. Again, the %profit does not matter. A cruise is a service and people will pay differences to have slightly differing experiences. Some like inside rooms, some windows, some balconies and suites. We all still eat the same food, see the sames shows, go to the same places. We all just purchase services and goods that fit our cruise needs better. There is no wrong choice. Its just as funny to buy FTTF to you as its just as funny for someone that books insides instead of windows. Everyone can have slightly differing experiences.

I am not loyal to any one cruise line so I will definitely never see Gold or Plat. $60 is nothing as compared to the convenience it provides for me.

Edited by Rottweiler Puppy

This doesn't even make sense. It's not a "free" item. It's a service. It's not uncommon to pay for a service. Airlines have been doing it for decades.

You pay for special treatment. It's worth it to some, not for others. But you most certainly get something for your money.

Which cruise in January did you purchase FTTF? I have a January sailing as well (Liberty) and have been waiting ages for it to be released and every day I check and still nothing. Hopefully getting yours means any day now for mine.

After having it last cruise, I won't sail without it!

We're cruising Jan 13 on the Fascination out of Puerto Rico. I was shocked that I saw it there in excursions. It's usually gone immediately.

We're cruising Jan 13 on the Fascination out of Puerto Rico. I was shocked that I saw it there in excursions. It's usually gone immediately.

I'm Jan 27th out of Pt. Canaveral. It has to be releasing per port or per ship rather than by dates. Either way, the waiting is driving me nuts!

For those who were waiting for it and saw it appear, is it thrown up in the morning or could it show up in the excursion page anytime throughout the day? I'm checking throughout the days hoping I don't miss it because as you said, they do sell out quickly.

Hi all!

FTTF just became available for my Glory cruise next April. It's $79.95 = $102 Canadian so I'm having a hard time deciding

whether to buy it or not. Last time on Conquest in Oct at Port Everglades, I was the last FTTF to go on before the general public so didn't feel like it worked for me. The other 2 times I got on sooner. Decisions, decisions!!:o

~ Jo ~ :)