Back To Oceania

cruzmaven

Looking at booking an Alaska cruise on the Regatta in September 2019.

I’ve been on the Regatta before so I’m familiar with the ship. But It’s been a few years since I’ve sailed on O. My Last O cruise was on the Marina in 2011.

So what, if anything, has changed in the last 7 years? When I used to frequent the O board here on CC, there were lots of discussion on the calamities that would befall the line due to NCL ownership. How has that turned out?

I see Regatta is scheduled for dry dock in April 2019 so she should be in good shape.

Are the cabanas still there? Might be nice for scenic cruising if the weather is good.

Is the alcohol policy still the same?

Looking forward to returning to O.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cabanas have been gone for years

New perks for Concierge cabins & above with free laundry & order in meals from GDR

OLife perks may be new for you I would read up on the website about those

I have sailed Regatta 2 times to Alaska in the past 3 years Out of SF and Out of Vancouver. Both for 11 days ,2017 was my last sail

I noticed no change at all Of note one sailing was early September and the other late May Of the 2 the late September was best for viewing the Hubbard glacier and the May, ending in Vancouver, was best for sailing south through the inside passage in daylight

Food great, staff great, weather was Alaska... changed every 8 hours Sailed in a PH and in an Inside Enjoyed the Inside more and found the PH to me was pretty much a waste... In the future Id go with the Inside because it gets you out of the cabin and on deck for a 360 degree view of the place... s PH was a poor substitute.

First time I was on Regatta I had a PH and loved it. Can’t justify the cost for this trip but I’m thinking of a concierge. Cost is not much more than balcony and the laundry perk is nice to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Some other benefits in a class A cabin.. Hot room service Breakfast. Plus you can order room service off the GDR menu for both lunch and dinner/

Now internet is free in all cabins

Nothing has changed in the specialties. The menu in Polo and Toscana is unfortunately the same.

Glad to see they added Barristas and the Grill in Terrace Cafe. Good improvements.

Is what used to be the cabanas area used for something else or is it open space?

On a 9 day sailing, do Concierge cabins get 1 or 2 guaranteed reservations in each of the 2 specialties?

Went ahead and booked. Now have 16 months to lurk here and get up to speed.

Thanks all!

• 1 month later...

Visited the O website today to check on pricing of the September, 2019 Alaska cruise I booked and was surprised to see that the sailing was not listed.

Logged in to my account and the sailing did not show under booked cruises. When I tried to add it, I got an error message that the booking was cancelled. :o

Had my TA check and she says she was just informed that the sailing was cancelled. Waiting for her to get back to me on details.

Guess O didn't want me back.

A question...is there a grill in the Terrace on all 6 ships? Also are lobster tails available every evening? Grilled shrimp?

Yes, and lamb chops, steaks, and fish in addition. Be aware, these are Florida lobster tails which are smaller than Maine lobster tails, but you may order multiples. Every night, every ship.

Visited the O website today to check on pricing of the September, 2019 Alaska cruise I booked and was surprised to see that the sailing was not listed.

Guess O didn't want me back.

I think it was mentioned recently that the ship is going to drydock

good news you have over a year to find another cruise :evilsmile:

I think it was mentioned recently that the ship is going to drydock

good news you have over a year to find another cruise :evilsmile:

The drydock was reportedly going to be in April, 2019, this cruise was September, 2019.

With all the recent comments about the Regatta I'm a little relieved actually. Maybe they are planning a major overhaul to address some of the issues that have been coming up, maybe they got a Charter. They're telling my TA that there was an issue with docking availability that caused them to cancel.

Right now there's nothing on their website for the Regatta between September 6, 2019 and September 24, 2019. They're offering $1,000 cruise credit which would allow me to book an earlier cruise with a less attractive itinerary for only a few $100 more per person than what I was paying. I think I'll pass.

Trying Azamara in February for a Cuba cruise, we'll see how that goes.

The drydock was reportedly going to be in April, 2019, this cruise was September, 2019.

I did not note the dates for the drydock sorry for the wrong info

but I guess they have a reason to cancel the cruise

Yes, and lamb chops, steaks, and fish in addition. Be aware, these are Florida lobster tails which are smaller than Maine lobster tails, but you may order multiples. Every night, every ship.

On our Jan. trip on Riviera, they had New England Lobster tails at the grill. Like the Rock lobster tails, these too, were quite small, but you could order more than one with no problem.

On our Jan. trip on Riviera, they had New England Lobster tails at the grill. Like the Rock lobster tails, these too, were quite small, but you could order more than one with no problem.

I have never seen Maine lobster tails in Terrace, only "Florida" lobster which is nowhere near the same.

Our last cruise we saw a lady with 2 plates of lobster tails ...I hope she was sharing them :eek:

I think the grill in the Terrace Cafe is new since you were last on board. Every evening grilled steaks, lobster tails, prawns, lamb chops and vegetables are available, cooked to order, from the grill along with many other entrees.

OceaniaRegatta-TerraceCafe-NewAllAround.jpg

Great picture! On our last Oceania Cruise (10 day Sirena to Mexico), we primarily ate here. The food was as good as the MDR, and it was hot and ready to go @ 630pm when it opened. We are early diners and thus skipped the Main Dining room due to the time it took to eat.