Beverage package on the Gem

Putz4321

With the beverage package can you get the Lavazza coffee?

No speciality coffee or bottled water or bottled wine or fresh juices are not included! Most drinks, alcoholic and non-alcoholic up to $15.00. If priced higher you pay the difference with 20% gratuity.

No speciality coffee or bottled water or bottled wine or fresh juices are not included! Most drinks, alcoholic and non-alcoholic up to $15.00. If priced higher you pay the difference with 20% gratuity.

Thanks so much for the reply. It seems crazy to me that Carnival can offer the drinks package at $47/day and includes everything, but NCL can't at $85/day. Oh well, I'll still have a great time. :):)

Thanks so much for the reply. It seems crazy to me that Carnival can offer the drinks package at $47/day and includes everything, but NCL can't at $85/day. Oh well, I'll still have a great time. :):)

Only a sucker pays full price for the NCL package..l

The fees on the "free" package are 20% of the cost of the package so for a higher base yields more $.

Curious, we have the beverage package as one of "freebies". Will we get charged the 20% on every drink we order? Does the beverage package include all taxes and gratuities or are both of those billed separately?

Curious, we have the beverage package as one of "freebies". Will we get charged the 20% on every drink we order? Does the beverage package include all taxes and gratuities or are both of those billed separately?
No you won't. We signed for this package when booked our Cruise and were charged $250 for two of us right away.

Nobody ever pays the 20% gratuity per drink on drinks covered by the UBP. You pay 20% of the value of the beverage package ($89 per day) before you set foot on the ship.

You may pay taxes, which are based on the drinks you consume, when the ship is in some ports.

The difference is that Carnival does not give the package away as NCL does.

People complain all day and night that NCL's package does not include water and specialty coffees. What makes NCL's package more attractive is 1) I do not have to wait 5 minutes between orders, and 2) there is no 15 drink/day max as on Carnivore.

People complain all day and night that NCL's package does not include water and specialty coffees. What makes NCL's package more attractive is 1) I do not have to wait 5 minutes between orders, and 2) there is no 15 drink/day max as on Carnivore.

They really are like comparing apples to oranges.

Question, do you tip for each drink if you have the beverage package? I assume you get a little receipt thing to fill out with cabin # or something, with a line on it for tip. Do you add on a tip or does the staff know you already prepaid that? Sorry - just trying to understand & do the right thing.

Question, do you tip for each drink if you have the beverage package? I assume you get a little receipt thing to fill out with cabin # or something, with a line on it for tip. Do you add on a tip or does the staff know you already prepaid that? Sorry - just trying to understand & do the right thing.

Absolutely not necessary to add a tip each drink, HOWEVER, slipping the server a dollar every once in a while might be a good idea, they tend to remember who tips, and they will go out of their way to serve you.

Yes, the staff already knows that you have the beverage package as soon as you hand your card. You likely won't get a slip to sign, although on rare occasions you might. If you want to tip additional to what you already have, you can just hand them a buck or whatever.

It’s a sweet perk at 20% of the cost and I’m not complaining! I love to receive my end of the cruise bill and it be close to zero... it’s pretty awesome!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Travelenfool

Typically the only time you will sign / receive a receipt is if you are being charged something such as over the $15 limit or in a port that charges sales tax or VAR since you need to approve the charge.

Thanks for this info. First time NCL cruiser here. I had no idea there wasn't a waiting period and no max. The info online about the package is limited.