Holland America just sent our a Very Nice New Year email

LAFFNVEGAS

Thank you! Mine was in my spam folder. I would have missed it if not for this thread. Gosh, I feel so special now, and so homesick for an HAL ship. Any HAL cruise to any destination will do, thank you.
Mine, too! It was trapped by my spamblocker with a 6-star spam tag:

******: 6.600000 High tags-to-text ratio

You may have to dig this beautiful greeting off your server.

Candy <-- not booked and not happy

Dang... All these ladies sneaking off to a lifeboat with a handsome officer,,, AND their husband.... sounds downright KINKY:D

Oh Grumpy, you last comment made me almost loose a month full of good latte froming laughing laughing.gif

Maybe if you let Slinkie take a look she might want to join us laughing.gif:D

I got this Happy New Year email too and thought it was particularly nice because it was just that ... a New Year greeting, nothing more. Loved it!

Sadly, my DH will not join me in the lifeboat with the cute officer because it's women and children first and he'll have to take a later craft. Too bad, but I'll make the best of it;)

Move over ladies, I'm getting in the lifeboat - definitely a good looking man!:D HeatherInFlorida, hope your DH doesn't mind, but my DH will likely be with him - not that he's not good looking, but there's only so much room for Handsome in one lifeboat.;)

I don't know whose (who's???) idea it was to send an email like that, but it was a great one - what a nice way to greet past HAL guests on the first day of a new year.

Happy New Year, one and all from the "frozen tundra".

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Was feeling left out too, but ok now as our's was in the spam folder also..

Agree that officer is cute,;) but a bit young for me, so no "Kinky stuff" Grumpy, but I can still wish I was younger can't I..

Oops, better watch out; DH likes the cute gal:( .. LOL

Happy New Year to all you HAL folks who read the boards & please tell us who the cute fellow is!:)

Thanks, the2ofus, for the reminder about finding the New Year's greeting in the spam folder. That's where ours was, too. I was feeling very left out, until checking there. Very nice, HAL! (We sailed on the Amsterdam last Jan. with Capt. Peter Harris, and that's not him in the picture.)

Happy New Year everyone.:)

I did too. It brought a smile to my face. I found myself thinking "The more I cruise HAL the more I love it". Good marketing HAL .

Marie

guess i havent sailed with them enough -- my e mail box is empty but there is a piece of coal in there

Mass mailings such as this one will generally go into a spam folder unless you have the addresser on your list of accepted mailers. Since I receive all of HAL's Mariner mailings, my AOL "knows" to let these mailings in.

The spam folder is really a "good";) thing (as Martha would say) because it filters out a lot of yucky spam.

And I'm with Janice, Boatdrill! 'Fess up and tell us how you know he's not a model!!!:D

All you married women drooling over the handsome officer can just eat your hearts out. And move over.

I'm ready, willing and available! ;)

Don't forget me, Ruth ... I'm ready, willing, available and SINGLE too. Ummmmm, bring on the lifeboats!

Blue skies ...

--rita

Boatdrill........WHERE are you? I was hoping you'd come back and share your knowledge after you teased us. :)

The mystery continues though. I am looking at the September 2006-December 2007 brochure for South America Cruises and our handsome officer has a full page picture of himself on page 6. It is clear his wears three gold/white stripes. So....he's Hotel and he's probably F & B........That does narrow it a little. (if Boatdrill is correct in saying he is not a model..... pssst, he could be. :) )

Now we need to list all the F&B's we know. :)

[/b]

Boatdrill........WHERE are you? I was hoping you'd come back and share your knowledge after you teased us. :)

The mystery continues though. I am looking at the September 2006-December 2007 brochure for South America Cruises and our handsome officer has a full page picture of himself on page 6. It is clear his wears three gold/white stripes. So....he's Hotel and he's probably F & B........That does narrow it a little. (if Boatdrill is correct in saying he is not a model..... pssst, he could be. :) )

Now we need to list all the F&B's we know. :)

We got the email, too. Nice touch on HAL's part!

I think the officer was on the Prinsendam last summer--he was the Hotel Manager, IIRC.

Here is a photo of us when we received our 100-day medallions and he is the on the far left.

Is he the same officer?

Localady, can you help recall his name?

1317020464_CCResized-MarinerAwardCeremony.jpg.a53a04c6dbbf194df827450421c38473.jpg

Yes, Bill........I think that is him and it seems he's been promoted!!! When he posed for the picture in the South America Brochure, he only had three stripes. Now all we need is his Name :) What a nice photo.... Thanks for scanning it. Congratulations on those medals.

Archived