Loving my ebags!

Just used my ebags to pack for a flight the first time, and love them! I was going to use our normal-largish carryon, but it was only half full... so I was able to switch to our small one :). So cool how the bags keep everything organized and compact. I’m normally a “clothes roller”, so normally my stuff is pretty compact, and I’m just amazed at how much more the bags compact stuff!!! Can’t wait to use them for my June cruise :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just used my ebags to pack for a flight the first time, and love them! I was going to use our normal-largish carryon, but it was only half full... so I was able to switch to our small one :). So cool how the bags keep everything organized and compact. I’m normally a “clothes roller”, so normally my stuff is pretty compact, and I’m just amazed at how much more the bags compact stuff!!! Can’t wait to use them for my June cruise :)

Which ebags? The packing cubes?

I am a huge fan of eBags packing cubes as well. I use them for business travel so I don't have to check anything. It was also a huge help when I cruised with my three teen/twentysomethings in one room. We each had our own color and it made it so easy to know what belonged to who when we were packing and when we were getting ready daily. I'm sure it would have been a mess and our bags would have been overflowing.

I read about the packing cubes on another thread here. I had never heard of them before and was a bit skeptical, but I was intrigued enough to buy a few sets and use them on my last cruise. I don't think I'll ever pack without them again.

I don't know if you can pack more clothes using them, logic says no, but they are excellent for keeping clothes organized and eliminate having to dig through a suitcase and mess everything up. Also much easier to unpack on the ship, just throw them into a drawer or closet shelf.

The first benefit came before we even got on the ship - we stayed in a hotel the night before the cruise - one cube had pajamas and clothes for boarding day, everything else stayed neatly packed and undisturbed in the suitcase.

Highly recommended.

Just received my first order from Ebags today, came very quickly. Ordered a small cross body purse with the RFID protection and cut resistant strap. Already have packing cubes that came with my new luggage, counting down until I get to use them in October. And if you want to save a good little chuck of change, be sure to order through Ebates and get some cash back.

Love packing cubes! If there is a couple of you traveling together. Get different colours and place a full set of clothes into a packing cube and the place it into your partners bag. If one of your bags "goes missing" or is late being delivered to your room then you won't be wearing the same clothes until the bag turns up.

Next addiction is zip lock bags.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Love packing cubes! If there is a couple of you traveling together. Get different colours and place a full set of clothes into a packing cube and the place it into your partners bag. If one of your bags "goes missing" or is late being delivered to your room then you won't be wearing the same clothes until the bag turns up.

Next addiction is zip lock bags.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree. They are great for cross packing.

Love Ebags luggage! I have been using a mini mother-loader for probably 10 years. It still looks new. I can pack a week's worth of stuff in there with shoes! We have the weekender backpacks too that my husband and kids use for their stuff. Also holding up incredibly well. I don't think I would ever buy another brand.

Love my packing cubes. Not sure if it saves room but I just throw them in the drawers at a hotel or on a cruise and everything stays in the cube easy to repack, easy to find what I want.

I use one for toiletries too so I can just carry into bathroom and out when staying with family. Makes getting ready easier.

I too use and love packing cubes. I recommend them for anyone who has yet to try them. I stood in line at the Colorado Springs airport and watched a TSA agent literally dump everything out of a suitcase. Piece of clothing by piece of clothing. Ever since seeing that I never go anywhere without my packing cubes. I have some made by ebags and some by Eagle Creek and they all work very well. I agree on getting different colors for each family member, huge help! Get the shoes bags too (Eagle Creek), they are awesome.

I just ordered some this morning at a friend’s suggestion. Ebags promo code “vacay” gets you 20% off and free shipping if you spend $49 or more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to try packing cubes as we are a family of five (the 3 kids will be 10, 10 and 6). I see gobs of them on amazon as well, but wonder which sizes are the best? We are packing this time for an Alaskan cruise, so we will have jeans, tshirts (long and short sleeve), raincoat, pajamas, socks and underwear, etc.

If you like "medium" and "large" the best, what measurements are those bags?

I want to try packing cubes as we are a family of five (the 3 kids will be 10, 10 and 6). I see gobs of them on amazon as well, but wonder which sizes are the best? We are packing this time for an Alaskan cruise, so we will have jeans, tshirts (long and short sleeve), raincoat, pajamas, socks and underwear, etc.

If you like "medium" and "large" the best, what measurements are those bags?

For most of your Alaska items I would buy the medium. One or two large might be good to pack your coats, but they are the size of half a big suitcase (like the 26”-28” suitcases). They’re extremely big and almost more like a bag than a cube. Medium is good for jeans, sweatshirts etc. Small will be good for undergarments, t-shirts and stuff like that.

Here is a photo of 2 Large packing cubes in a suitcase (they’re holding towels, coats and a thick onesie pajama:

44603b961e93cbef66f249e20f805d12.jpg

Here is a photo of 2 small (the black and blue eagle creek cubes at the bottom), 2 medium (the black eagle creek in the center and the blue amazon basics at the top), a long slim along the side (amazon basics) and a quarter cube (which is half the slim size-eagle creek) at the top, above the long slim one. All of these are on top of those 2 large ones at the bottom, so you can fit 2 layers of cubes on each side of a hard sided suitcase:

62bb1828a6020e2e5d06306edaba0892.jpg

My favorite size is actually the small. We can fit almost all of our clothes in that size (about 5 rolled up T-shirt’s or 5 rolled up shorts, or about 3-4 pairs of rolled up leggings). Our clothes are all size small, women’s. For colder weather clothing, the medium is a much better size.

Edit to add: Most of this packing was done by my child, who is too lazy to roll her clothes and that’s why they all just look thrown inside the cubes, and also why she utilized more of the bigger cubes than the smaller ones [emoji4] At least her suitcase was less messy than if she had just thrown all the clothes in the suitcase without the cubes.

Edited by ARandomTraveler

I just watched a few YouTube videos ..... Have any of you had the zipper break when stuffing the bags too full?

Not yet, haha. I have eagle creek, ebags and amazon basics. The amazon basics seems the most fragile because it has the most mesh, but I haven’t had one rip yet. The eagle creek seems the most sturdy. No mesh.

I just watched a few YouTube videos ..... Have any of you had the zipper break when stuffing the bags too full?
Hasn't happened to us yet BUT my DH has saved a few fellow travelers who were in need of duct tape. He never leaves home without it!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app