Balcony vs JS

A Junior Suite has a tub with shower, walk in closet, more space and a larger cabin. You also get an additional C&A point per night. If you are on a ship with a Coastal Kitchen, you can make dinner reservations after you board.

From RCI's website...

"Exclusively for Grande Suite Guests and above as well as Pinnacle Members, Coastal Kitchen fuses Mediterranean influences with the unmatched riches of California’s bountiful farmlands."

For those above that say Junior Suites can use it, where is the confirmation of this?

I asked a similar question and concluded that the main advantage was a more comfortable room. Priority boarding might also be considered a really good benefit.

Not sure double points is a reason to pay a premium. Plus if eating in CK was important to me, I would book a full suite.

From RCI's website...

"Exclusively for Grande Suite Guests and above as well as Pinnacle Members, Coastal Kitchen fuses Mediterranean influences with the unmatched riches of California’s bountiful farmlands."

For those above that say Junior Suites can use it, where is the confirmation of this?

Also from Royal Caribbean's website (Junior Suites are "Sea" Class):

Sea

• ♦ Dinner at Coastal Kitchen*
  • ♦ Royal Caribbean Classic Bathrobes for Use Onboard
  • ♦ Luxury Pillow Top Mattress
  • ♦ Luxury Bathroom Amenities by L’Occitane®

*Please note, reservations are required for dinner at Coastal Kitchen. Beverages are not included.

From RCI's website...

I guess I am the conformation. We sailed Anthem this past November and were in a Junior Suite and had the opportunity to dine in Costal Kitchen each night (dinner only). It was a VERY nice perk.

Other than additional space.....What is the advantage of having a junior suite vs a balcony?

The space is what you are paying for. The rest of the perks are meh at best.

That being said, it's totally worth it to me. I would not want to use that cramped little bathroom for any length of time.

The balcony is wider but not deeper (unless it's aft). I don't think two loungers would fit, one maybe.
Hump JS balconies on Oasis are considerably bigger than other ships.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

88010d44c7e46e0231428584080dd002.jpg

Please be aware that the JS has no walk in type shower. If stepping into a high ledge tub is an issue, you might not want to book a JS.

M

Unless it's an accessible JS. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Please be aware that the JS has no walk in type shower. If stepping into a high ledge tub is an issue, you might not want to book a JS.

M

It depends on the ship. Spa JS on Anthem has a tub and separate walk in shower.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums