Upsell - help me decide!!!!

GeorgiaMomof4

Good afternoon!

I just received "the phone call" from Carnival.

We sail on Saturday on the Carnival Fantasy for a 5 day cruise to Cozumel and Costa Maya.

There are 4 of us going and we are currently booked in an aft OV on deck 7 - we chose this

location.

This cruise is for my oldest daughter's college graduation and it's me, the graduate - Whitney,

her sister - Lindsey and my best friend Donna.

The offer was for a Grand Suite on the Upper Deck - U101. It would be an additional $598 total

for the 4 of us.

We've only ever cruised in OV or Balconies so never even thought we would have an

opportunity to be in a Grand Suite.

What are your thoughts? Should I do it and let it be a super surprise to my 2 daughters?

Breaks down to about an extra $150 per person.

Help!

If you can afford it, heck yeh. But I am not one to sleep 4 to a room. The grand suites are double a regular room. I put the sofa back together each day (much to the annoyance of my steward, I think, but I am sure my tip at the end softened the blow) so we had a huge sitting room to enjoy each day. A lot more space for 4 women to dress for the evening!

If you can afford it, by that I mean it won't lessen what you will spend on the ship, I would do it. I have had grand suites on other ships and having the extra room to move about is wonderful. The jetted tub is a nice perk, getting priority boarding is great.

Whatever you decide, have a great time and congrats to the graduate!

I would say Go For It! I think you'll love the extra space of the Suite with four adults sharing the cabin! Plus the suites have a larger bathroom (a must for four ladies). Not to mention having a balcony. What a great surprise that would be for your graduate!

Thats a tough one!!! You could do a lot of other things with the $600. Maybe a few excursions, or a spa day onboard. But the temptation for a Grand Suite is also huge too. I guess it would depend on what activities you already have planned and paid for, and how much time you think you will spend in your room. I am leaving on the Imagination in 3 weeks (same class ship), and I got a offer from interior to OV for $200 and I didn't think that was worth taking, but your offer seems better than that. I would say that if you can afford it, without it being an added stress to your bank account and you already have other activities planned and paid for, then do it. If you aren't sure if you can afford it, or if it will take away from something else than it probably isn't really worth it because you can always go look out on deck somewhere. If you are able to splurge and it wont really affect you financially, I say DO IT!!!!

Hi Georgiamom

This is one of those situations that illustrate the need to understand the cabin prices and what an "upsell" like this really would be worth to you before you get the offer. While many people get these calls there are many on this site who have never had "the call" over many years of cruising. You don't want to jump at an offer just because you are caught up in the excitement of the moment.

I don't know your details but your choosing initially to have the four of you in one cabin, suggest that you were trying to save some money. Paying $600 like this, just blows that right out of the water. If all you wanted initially was more room, then (again I'm guessing) you likely could have gotten connecting cabins for what you have already paid plus the extra $600. If that's the case then clearly it's not a good value. I think I would have said "no thanks" and put that money to better use. You four ladies will manage just fine for 5 days.

have a great cruise

You need to decide though, none of those offers last long. Sometimes only a matter of an hour or so. So if you want it you better get it done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the grand suites! Go for it if you can afford it. Can't imagine 4 people in a regular cabin, it's tight with the two of us. DH and I fill the drawers/closet shelves and use all the hangers.

I will probably never get to sail in a Grand Suite unless it is through an upsell offer. I just wouldn't spend that much up front. It would have to be a good deal. For $130 per person, I'd go for it!

I got one to a suite and was excited! I would love for them to over me a Grand Suite but I dought they will offer me another one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk