Specialty dining gratuity question

For what it's worth. I just got off the phone (twice) with RCCL.

Whether you book a dining package and/or any individual specialty restaurant the tip is included in the price you pay online.

Edited by suss1234
quick fix

Whether you book a dining package and/or any individual specialty restaurant the tip is included in the price you pay online.

Today ...

Then, why isn't the fine print the same on all dining reservations in the cruise planner.

Well, then, just to be safe, I will be tipping at our Chops Lunch & Giovanni's Dinner that are already booked. Can you add it on at the end (ie, to your SeaPass account) or is it just better to hand over some cash? Also, I'm guessing it should be based on the standard price, & not my pre-booked % off price?

I haven't been able to book our specialty dining yet (cruise is too far out yet), but have a question... I've seen a price of $505 (at the time) for a 5 night specialty dining package. If I add that price to my cart and checkout, are there additional taxes or gratuities that they will add to that price when I actually checkout?

Thx,

Dan

I haven't been able to book our specialty dining yet (cruise is too far out yet), but have a question... I've seen a price of $505 (at the time) for a 5 night specialty dining package. If I add that price to my cart and checkout, are there additional taxes or gratuities that they will add to that price when I actually checkout?

Thx,

Dan

Assuming that you made a typo and it’s not $505.

As has been mentioned several times in the thread, there will NOT be any additional gratuity added to the the price for a dining package or individual restaurant either at checkout or when you dine.

If you want to leave extra it is totally up to you.

Today ...

Bob,

Yes today. At about 11 am. Not once but I called twice and got the same answer LOL.

So I am going to go on yes the tip is included and just tip extra like I always do.

Have a great day.

Then, why isn't the fine print the same on all dining reservations in the cruise planner.

Honestly, that is why it is so difficult to get correct answers. Web says one thing, agent says another and then royal says something else.

Well, then, just to be safe, I will be tipping at our Chops Lunch & Giovanni's Dinner that are already booked. Can you add it on at the end (ie, to your SeaPass account) or is it just better to hand over some cash? Also, I'm guessing it should be based on the standard price, & not my pre-booked % off price?

We always use cash for tips to make sure it goes to server.

Assuming that you made a typo and it’s not $505.

As has been mentioned several times in the thread, there will NOT be any additional gratuity added to the the price for a dining package or individual restaurant either at checkout or when you dine.

If you want to leave extra it is totally up to you.

Oops, yes. I meant $105 per person. There are five of us, so $525 total. In my mind I somehow combined the two into $505. LOL . ...thanks you for the reply

Edited by The Fun Researcher

LOL... It's really a shell game trying to get the best price.

You have that right. We have been able to negotiate much lower prices than any presale or listed price when on board on some sailings and then on others they don't budge. We assume its based on demand. I wonder if the staff or officer in charge of specialty dinning have a quota and bonus structure.

Thx,

Dan

I'm not sure about the $505 as it seems pretty high. But to your question, dining packages have a service charge included and you will not get any add'l charges, at least when sailing in the Carib. Europe and their VAT taxes that is for another topic.:D

I'm not sure about the $505 as it seems pretty high. But to your question, dining packages have a service charge included and you will not get any add'l charges, at least when sailing in the Carib. Europe and their VAT taxes that is for another topic.:D

Thanks, yeah I meant to say $525 for 5, or $105 for one. Thanks for the reply.

Dan

I seriously doubt they wouldn't include the gratuity in the price in the Cruise Planner and allow you to check out without getting their 18%. I'm pretty sure the person who spoke with RC is correct. It's included in that price. The way they are about adding on as many extras as possible, they wouldn't let that one slip by (giving people the opportunity to not tip or unknowingly not tip).

I seriously doubt they wouldn't include the gratuity in the price in the Cruise Planner and allow you to check out without getting their 18%. I'm pretty sure the person who spoke with RC is correct. It's included in that price. The way they are about adding on as many extras as possible, they wouldn't let that one slip by (giving people the opportunity to not tip or unknowingly not tip).

If the price in the cruise planner is the same as on board, therefore, certain Paxs are getting screwed with the add'l 18%.;p

On my current reservation, if I look under Cruise Planner,

then look under “order history”, and then click

on order details under the specialty reservation, it states that the service charge is included. I booked each restaurant separately to get the time and date I want.

If the price in the cruise planner is the same as on board, therefore, certain Paxs are getting screwed with the add'l 18%.;p

It not uncommon for many things to be priced higher on the ship than they are in the cruise planner. Internet and drink packages come to mind. Doesn’t mean they are getting screwed

It not uncommon for many things to be priced higher on the ship than they are in the cruise planner. Internet and drink packages come to mind. Doesn’t mean they are getting screwed

No, different treatment.

Bob,

Yes today. At about 11 am. Not once but I called twice and got the same answer LOL.

So I am going to go on yes the tip is included and just tip extra like I always do.

Have a great day.

Thanks for the information! We haven't cruised recently and I know things are always changing. I want to make sure staff gets the appropriate reward for good service. It's a hard job and they usually make it look effortless. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Has any D+ paid for one before the cruise, then use your BOGO when you go with a party of 2?

So technically you owe nothing as you paid for one already.

Anyone try it?

Yes, this works.

The other thing that doesn't sit right with me is the fact that they don't charge the tip if you prebook. It's like they are giving you a discount at the expense of the wait staff. Unless I'm missing something that's just wrong.

You are assuming the 18% goes to the staff..... :halo: