2018 Alaska season started

ARRTrain

I just won two tickets for an evening 2.5 hour cruise on Phillip's Cruises for a Blackstone Glacier cruise out of Whittier on Saturday. It's a special "Cinco de Drinko" cruise. Jokes on them, I don't even drink...

But hey, a free Prince William Sound cruise is a free Prince William Sound cruise.

Looking for to enjoy a little of Alaska before the summer visitors arrive.

I just won two tickets for an evening 2.5 hour cruise on Phillip's Cruises for a Blackstone Glacier cruise out of Whittier on Saturday. It's a special "Cinco de Drinko" cruise. Jokes on them, I don't even drink...

But hey, a free Prince William Sound cruise is a free Prince William Sound cruise.

That is great!!! I imagine they're having difficulties filling that sailing, due to weather. DH and friend cancelled their annual PWS 7-10 day trip due to the lousy weather. This coming week was the only time in their schedule they could go. Have you looked at the weather cam the last few days? Makes our weather look wonderful! Although right now you can see the mountains. This morning when I checked the Whittier cams, you couldn't see anything but gray and rain drops on the lens.

Have a great time!

Sounds great - enjoy :D

Another cool and wet Alaskan cruise season? The weather gods were in a good mood during my July, 2017 cruise. Rain only dampened my shore experiences once and that was at Icy Point Strait, only for part of the day, and only helped to make my visit there memorable (and enjoyable as well despite being well soaked).

On May 10th, we begin our B2B journey on the Millennium. Haven't cruised early May in many years -- your report mirrors what we experienced the last time we sailed in early May. Although not ideal weather conditions, we are eager to return to Alaska and make more memories.

We had a little more sun today. I hope it reached you on the glacier cruise!