*** LIVE *** from Oasis of the Seas - May 6, 2018

We are sailing Oasis in September to celebrate my wife and I both graduating with masters degrees and her turning 30 the week before. Can’t wait to follow your review!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So happy to have you along! Wow, you both have so much to celebrate, and where better to do it than on a cruise?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoy the solitary, quiet day by the pool! Looks like a great day ahead for you guys, very exciting just to get to relax! Enjoy and thanks again for the updates, they help us stay sane!

Thanks Robyn for doing the postings. After our three weeks on Ovation in Asia I need something to get me through the post cruise depression. :D

Happy to provide you with post-cruise “medication” [emoji41]

I've always been curious how the Oasis class handles people moving. I see on the deck plans there are only two elevator banks (which is something I think RCCL needs to reconsider) and with 6k+ people I would think there would be a bottle neck at the elevators. Anyone who has been on one of these floating cities have an opinion on this?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

I've always been curious how the Oasis class handles people moving. I see on the deck plans there are only two elevator banks (which is something I think RCCL needs to reconsider) and with 6k+ people I would think there would be a bottle neck at the elevators. Anyone who has been on one of these floating cities have an opinion on this?

There are actually four elevator banks - two forward and two aft - for a total of 24 elevators. It can be a bottleneck at times but it is survivable.

We sailed on Allure and only found the elevator crowded on the first day, and returning from excursions on port days. Otherwise it was fine. What I dislike is when there are already 10 adults in the elevator and someone just wants to squeeze in one more [emoji849]. Moments like that is when I wish the buzzer would go off at that exact moment meaning that person triggered the “too much weight” in the cab alarm lol!!

Congratulations to Talia!! Enjoy Mickeyworld and the upcoming cruise. We are sailing on Oasis in two weeks (the 20th) to celebrate our DD graduation from high school.

Thanks so much and congratulations to your DD as well. So much to be grateful for, and proud of!

Our cruise is tomorrow! One more sleep until I board Oasis [emoji322]

Months of planning, and its finally here. I’m looking forward to sailing a new ship, and seeing all she has to offer. We really enjoyed Allure last May, and I’m sure we will say the same about Oasis. The plan today is some relaxing time by the pool, and hitting the outlet mall this afternoon. There are a few last minute items I need to pick up for the cruise, so we will probably visit a Walmart too.

There are threads on here devoted to discussion on the quality of mattresses onboard. I’m one of those who has a real problem with a mattress that feels like cement. Don’t get me wrong, I do like a “firm” mattress, but the beds I’ve encountered on the past 3-5 cruises have taken “firm” to a whole new level. Instead of being disappointed when I board and realize egg crate mattress toppers are a thing of the past, I simply bring my own inflatable mattress topper. I’ve used it on the last 3 cruises and it’s made a huge difference - no more sore hip/back.

2d4588001a060c2692c5776ed1f35ad9.jpg

This packs in my carry-on and weighs just 1lb [emoji1303] it inflates in 10-15 breaths, and as you can see, deflated and rolls up perfectly for packing. For anyone interested, you can purchase one on Amazon for about $50.

We have My Time Dining to allow us full flexibility on timing. We will likely try a specialty restaurant or two as well. I have never been to Izumi, and I’m particularly interested in the Hibachi dinner. If you’ve experienced the Hibachi dinner, please let me know your thoughts!

Almost time to sail! [emoji41]

Our cruise is tomorrow! One more sleep until I board Oasis [emoji322]

Months of planning, and its finally here. I’m looking forward to sailing a new ship, and seeing all she has to offer. We really enjoyed Allure last May, and I’m sure we will say the same about Oasis. The plan today is some relaxing time by the pool, and hitting the outlet mall this afternoon. There are a few last minute items I need to pick up for the cruise, so we will probably visit a Walmart too.

There are threads on here devoted to discussion on the quality of mattresses onboard. I’m one of those who has a real problem with a mattress that feels like cement. Don’t get me wrong, I do like a “firm” mattress, but the beds I’ve encountered on the past 3-5 cruises have taken “firm” to a whole new level. Instead of being disappointed when I board and realize egg crate mattress toppers are a thing of the past, I simply bring my own inflatable mattress topper. I’ve used it on the last 3 cruises and it’s made a huge difference - no more sore hip/back.

2d4588001a060c2692c5776ed1f35ad9.jpg

This packs in my carry-on and weighs just 1lb [emoji1303] it inflates in 10-15 breaths, and as you can see, deflated and rolls up perfectly for packing. For anyone interested, you can purchase one on Amazon for about $50.

We have My Time Dining to allow us full flexibility on timing. We will likely try a specialty restaurant or two as well. I have never been to Izumi, and I’m particularly interested in the Hibachi dinner. If you’ve experienced the Hibachi dinner, please let me know your thoughts!

Almost time to sail! [emoji41]

Last year was our 1st trip on Oasis and we tried Izumi. We took our 6 year old. We sat at hibachi with another party. They were fun and in having a great time (20's). Our service was awesome and it was a lot of fun. One waiter ensured my daughter had Shirley Temples and that she got all the food she wanted! Food was great! They kept my Titos and soda full also :)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Last year was our 1st trip on Oasis and we tried Izumi. We took our 6 year old. We sat at hibachi with another party. They were fun and in having a great time (20's). Our service was awesome and it was a lot of fun. One waiter ensured my daughter had Shirley Temples and that she got all the food she wanted! Food was great! They kept my Titos and soda full also :)

Amazing! Thanks for your insight [emoji1303]

We really enjoy the cooking table experience, so I think this will go on our To Do list!

We are going back June 3. I cannot wait!! And yes, Oasis mattresses are brutal. We may look into the pads. Seems worth it for a week of decent sleep.

Trust me, it’s totally worth it (and I don’t work for Amazon!) [emoji6]

I'm doing my last day aboard Freedom. I guess this will be, sort of, like extending my cruise another week.

Have a great time.:)

Hey you! I hope you’re having a fantastic cruise on Freedom - probably my favourite ship in the fleet. Did you visit St. Tropez? [emoji848]

Happy to help you extend your cruise next week [emoji5] Enjoy your final day onboard!