CSQ Forms/Bonus

emam

with the new management on P&O things have only got worse both for crew & guests. I think sooner than later the afternoon tea in the MDR will go replaced by Eric's in the fine dining outlet. With P&O everything is possible.

with the new management on P&O things have only got worse both for crew & guests. I think sooner than later the afternoon tea in the MDR will go replaced by Eric's in the fine dining outlet. With P&O everything is possible.
Last P&O cruise on Ventura we had afternoon tea in Epicurean speciality restaurant at a cost.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

The question really is was it part of CS duties anymore to get lemons or ice? Or was it a polite decline not to do something that s/he had no longer time to do outside normal CS duties?

If PO said it was part of his duties then, like changing towels it should have been done. Because changing towels and sheets is an obligatory duty the CS is paid to do.

A good question.

From personal experience all I can say is that over many, many years of sailing with P&O it has always been an accepted thing that passengers requested and got with absolutely no quibble. Therefore through custom and practice it is part of the role and I would be slightly taken aback if I this simple request was refused.

If this small touch is going (along with so many other things in the last year or two) then they are definitely in the race to the bottom however one swallow does not make a summer as they say. Anyone else had a request knocked back for ice recently?

Most waiting and cabin staff are competent and provide a perfectly acceptable level of service. That is not “excellent” however and the constant pressure to mark this way makes a complete mockery of the customer questionnaire.

A good question.

From personal experience all I can say is that over many, many years of sailing with P&O it has always been an accepted thing that passengers requested and got with absolutely no quibble. Therefore through custom and practice it is part of the role and I would be slightly taken aback if I this simple request was refused.

If this small touch is going (along with so many other things in the last year or two) then they are definitely in the race to the bottom however one swallow does not make a summer as they say. Anyone else had a request knocked back for ice recently?

Most waiting and cabin staff are competent and provide a perfectly acceptable level of service. That is not “excellent” however and the constant pressure to mark this way makes a complete mockery of the customer questionnaire.

We have never in 44 cruises asked for ice but anything we have asked for has been delivered by the CS.

As a child it was drummed into me that "I want never gets". Therefore, it goes against the grain to give the CS the grade he asked for. If they deserve 'excellent' they don't have to ask!!

I agree that 'competent' does not merit an 'excellent' score.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Forums mobile app

A good question.

We always ask for ice and it has never been refused. My husband asks the cabin steward when he introduces himself on the first day and they always ask what time of day we would like it. This was exactly the same routine last month on Azura. It is one of the reasons that my husband always gives the steward extra tips on the last evening when we thank him for what he has done for us.

Anyone else had a request knocked back for ice recently?

Depends what you class as recently, but yes, twice. Last year on Aurora and in 2015 on Britannia. We have had other requests refused too, both by waiters in the dining rooms and cabin stewards. Last year we asked our cabin steward to remove the drinks and chocolate in the fridge as we wanted to put in our own drinks. The steward refused, saying he was not allowed to, if he moved them and anything happened to them (not sure what?) he would get the blame, but we could move them if we wanted to, which we did, storing them safely on a shelf somewhere until the end of the cruise, when we returned them to the fridge.

To be honest we rarely do things like requesting extra portions of veg, or chips, or returning a dessert because we don't like it and asking for something else, but on the couple of occasions we have, we have either been flatly refused or it's been done with poor grace. Last year DH wanted Stilton and was initially told "no" because the waiter had to go somewhere other than the main galley to get it. DH insisted, saying it was one of the things he looked forward to most on a cruise, so eventually the waiter complied. To be fair the waiter did bring the Stilton every night after that. We are always pleasant, ask politely and are appreciative when anyone does something for us, but we've rarely experienced the levels of service some posters here seem to experience.

Depends what you class as recently, but yes, twice. Last year on Aurora and in 2015 on Britannia. We have had other requests refused too, both by waiters in the dining rooms and cabin stewards. Last year we asked our cabin steward to remove the drinks and chocolate in the fridge as we wanted to put in our own drinks. The steward refused, saying he was not allowed to, if he moved them and anything happened to them (not sure what?) he would get the blame, but we could move them if we wanted to, which we did, storing them safely on a shelf somewhere until the end of the cruise, when we returned them to the fridge.

To be honest we rarely do things like requesting extra portions of veg, or chips, or returning a dessert because we don't like it and asking for something else, but on the couple of occasions we have, we have either been flatly refused or it's been done with poor grace. Last year DH wanted Stilton and was initially told "no" because the waiter had to go somewhere other than the main galley to get it. DH insisted, saying it was one of the things he looked forward to most on a cruise, so eventually the waiter complied. To be fair the waiter did bring the Stilton every night after that. We are always pleasant, ask politely and are appreciative when anyone does something for us, but we've rarely experienced the levels of service some posters here seem to experience.

Did they ask you for a 10 marking after this?

I am not one to complain but i would not have accepted this.

Good Lord, on Oriana last week, we didn't like one of the fish dishes and the waiters were offering us replacements, absolutely no problem. We actually didn't bother, had gone off the idea by then. On another night, there was lobster and it was served with mash - that's not my idea of what goes with lobster, so I asked for some chips. No prolem at all. When they arrived, they were piping hot, freshly hand made and delicious.

Every P&O cruise I've been on the cabin steward has said (s)he can't remove the mini bar drinks from the room. Everytime (s)he has moved them to a cupboard, put them in a box and placed them in the wardrobe behind the life vests or put them in a laundry bag under the bed, which has never been an issue.

We always ask for the "Good Stilton" with a wink, wink and point to the cupboard underneath their station. Usually this draws a wry smile and a wink back!!!

Last year we asked our cabin steward to remove the drinks and chocolate in the fridge as we wanted to put in our own drinks. The steward refused, saying he was not allowed to, if he moved them and anything happened to them (not sure what?) he would get the blame, but we could move them if we wanted to, which we did, storing them safely on a shelf somewhere until the end of the cruise, when we returned them to the fridge.

If the steward did that to me then two things would happen.

They would get a zero at the end of the cruise and the fridge would be emptied into a carrier bag and the contents deposited with reception with an explanation the steward had refused to deal with it.

We both put our night clothes in a cupboard as well but never thought of the sheets etc. I guess it's because night attire is personal but bedding isnt as everyone uses sheets etc. It's like flannels it's more personal than towels.............

As for requests being refused last year the safe wouldn't work properly so I asked the steward and he said it's nothing to do with him and I would have to go to reception to report it. Also the TV had a broken bracket and was at an angle which made it impossible to view in bed! Again it wasn't my problem was the reply from him. Overall he was ok but certainly not helpful.......

Edited by Strawberry field

We both put our night clothes in a cupboard as well but never thought of the sheets etc. I guess it's because night attire is personal but bedding isnt as everyone uses sheets etc. It's like flannels it's more personal than towels.............

As for requests being refused last year the safe wouldn't work properly so I asked the steward and he said it's nothing to do with him and I would have to go to reception to report it. Also the TV had a broken bracket and was at an angle which made it impossible to view in bed! Again it wasn't my problem was the reply from him. Overall he was ok but certainly not helpful.......

We have been told 'Anything not right in your cabin contact your cabin steward'.

That cabin steward was not doing his job.

We have been told 'Anything not right in your cabin contact your cabin steward'.

That cabin steward was not doing his job.

Now with more experience I realise this but at the time I thought he was just unhelpful. I left the gratuity on but never gave him extra and yes I marked him down although he made great effort in asking me to give him top rating. I had only cruised once prior and was unsure of things. Now with three done and another booked I'm a bit wiser than I was.

Now with more experience I realise this but at the time I thought he was just unhelpful. I left the gratuity on but never gave him extra and yes I marked him down although he made great effort in asking me to give him top rating. I had only cruised once prior and was unsure of things. Now with three done and another booked I'm a bit wiser than I was.
Thats good and hopefully anyone reading now knows to ask the CS about anything gone wrong in their cabin.

We had a CS who left a personal note every night about the following days port giving tips on places to see and lots of helpful information.

To me that is fantastic service and deserved a 10 and a nice additional tip on our last night.

Seems a bit creepy to me.

We had a CS who left a personal note every night about the following days port giving tips on places to see and lots of helpful information.

To me that is fantastic service and deserved a 10 and a nice additional tip on our last night.

quite sweet of them I agree...BUT there is plenty of info online and on board at reception, Horizon magazine, port guides in cabin etc...so, I would rather CS did CS stuff, like more cleaning, hoover under then bed for a change, getting ice etc. They are CS not travel agents.