Recent Spring Breakers?

Juliayn

Anyone do a 1 week cruise on Regal or Royal around spring break time this year? We have sailed the Royal thee times over Xmas (10 day voyages) and we love that there are not tons and tons of little kids. Lots of tweens and teens but small amount of under 10 crowd. Wondering if spring break is same or different? Looking to book 3/24/19 on Regal. We were on Harmony this year for spring break and it was too many little ones...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did a 10 night over spring break.. Yes, we saw a few little kids, but very few. They didn't interfere with my cruising at all. Of course a 10 night has fewer kids than a 7 night regardless of season.

What DID matter was that the air and hotel prices were significantly higher than they would have been the following week. My air fare to get to FLL was almost $400, on the way home it was $97. Our hotel price was more than double what the same room would have cost a week later.

I did a 7 day Mexico cruise over Easter and there were 900 kids on board. The first sea day was Easter and the kids were everywhere, but by the next day it settled down. They did however take over the pools and hot tubs.

Spring Break 2019

Easter 2019 is April 21st. Many schools will have the week before or after Easter as a break. Some schools will have a break in March rather than the Easter season. Colleges students with spring breaks will tend to gravitate toward Carnival and NCL, assuming they have the funds for a cruise. 7 day cruises tend to attract more youth than longer cruises. A few years ago we booked two 7 day Royal Princess cruises b2b during straddling Presidents Day, a high vacation period for youth. We did not notice crowds of youth on board.

Draw your own conclusions.

No drinking..;p...;p...for under 21 should limit the number of hard-core spring breakers on Princess...

we got off a 7 day on the Regal on 3/25 - and while the demographic may have skewed a little lower, we noticed no problems...other than the normal chair hogs on the already limited Regal pool(s)...but, if you looked hard enough, well...:cool:

Spring Break 2019

A few years ago we booked two 7 day Royal Princess cruises b2b during straddling Presidents Day, a high vacation period for youth. We did not notice crowds of youth on board.

Thanks for posting this - I am considering doing exactly this in 2020 on the Sky.

For several reasons, the 14 day period that is best for me also includes the President's Day holiday. I did consider the downside possibility of extra kids that week.

I prefer longer trips but taking two shorties will move me to Elite.

sailed regal mar25-april 1 this year with 2 kids age 10 and 13. there were about 900 kids in total and NEVER had any problems if i were not informed about the number of kids on board i never would have known. would have no hesitation about booking during that time frame on princess with or without kids.

I've submitted a proposal to Princess outlining why they need to change the terms of obtaining 'elite' status...

without revealing all the complex details of implementation , it does involve only awarding a cruise credit for cruises of 7 days or more, while still getting the number of days credited toward the needed number of days, which is also under review..

I have amended my proposal tying this to the *****...;p

Just went on Regal the first week of April with kids ages 5 and 8. Since it was Easter week, we were a little concerned, but it was much better than Carnival was the past 2 years when Easter was NOT the first week of April (and that was a low number of kids for them). There were around 100 3-7 year olds and around 250 8-12 year olds. Other than the first night at kids club and sea days in (as in swimming in) the main pool, we did not feel like there were a ton of kids. No large groups roaming the ship or hanging out in the stairwells as we have experienced on other cruises.

I've submitted a proposal to Princess outlining why they need to change the terms of obtaining 'elite' status...

without revealing all the complex details of implementation , it does involve only awarding a cruise credit for cruises of 7 days or more, while still getting the number of days credited toward the needed number of days, which is also under review..

I have amended my proposal tying this to the *****...;p

And what does your post have to do with this particular thread?