Looking for good tour company recommendation - snorkeling with kids.

ItsADryHumor

Hello! I've searched the forum and found a few recs, but figured I'd ask more specifically. ;p;p

We will be in GC for the first time in July on a Thursday, and we wanted to take our kids snorkeling. We didn't want to pack them like sardines on a cruise ship excursion, so we were looking for recommendations on a tour that might be a little less crowded.

The younger child would probably ADORE the turtle farm, just FYI.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

We really liked Acquarius tours. We snorkeled at Secret Garden, stopped at Starfish beach and Stingray sandbar. There were lots of fish and stingrays swimming with us. They even take pictures and post them free of charge, the tour was $50pp.

While on our cruise one of our stops was Grand Cayman. For our excursion, we used Jason with Island Splash Watersports. We wanted a private boat and guide for the day and Jason did not disappoint. Jason was very accommodating to our needs and wants. Top notch clean and well-maintained boat made for a really fun day. Jason's local knowledge of the area made us feel safe and at home. We went to Stingray City, snorkeling on a beautiful reef and got to hold the starfish at starfish point. While in Grand Cayman give Jason a call, you will not be disappointed.

You might want to try Stingray Sailing. Chip in the Shell have a boat that's registered to carry 40 people but they only take a maximum of 25 so that everybody has a place to be. They go out to the stingray Sandbar and then snorkeling. I've been out with them four times and every time has been an excellent experience. My kids, now teenagers, have been out with them a couple of times, and it's always one of our favorite excursions on our cruise. We never feel overcrowded, and they take really good care of you.

If you decide to do the turtle farm instead, just walk outside of the port gates and have a taxi drop you off at the turtle farm. Last year it was $8 per person one way. On the way back you can ask the front desk people to call you a taxi, or you can just walk to the street and flag down a number 1 route bus. That's the bus that will take you right past the pier. I believe it cost $2.50 per person US.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...

Another recommendation for Chip of Stingray Sailing. His catamaran is awesome. We've toured with him many times. Never crowded - you will appreciate this when you arrive at the stingrays and see the other boats. No comparison - I'd use him for sure. He has great equipment and it very patient with new snorkelers and children.