NCL stock price dropped 10% in a week?

fstuff1

and ncl dropped 6% today to $48.xx.

52 week low :o

Many of my stocks are stuck in neutral right now or going down. The DJIA is down for the year, if you haven't noticed and world markets aren't doing well because of all the trade war bantering between...well...the U.S. and everyone. I've had many different stocks take 6% hits and much more in one day. No need to panic.

and ncl dropped 6% today to $48.xx.

52 week low :o

not a good sign for the cruise industry. It is a good idea to check the other mass marketed lines: the negative is they have all taken a beating this year, the positive side for NCL is they have dropped less than the other 2 lines. I am sure the oil prices are hurting the industry, but it will repair itself sooner or later. Unless someone has a reason to sell, it is better to hold on for now. The entire market has taken a horrible beating in the past few weeks. oh, just checked back up a little to $49.01 about 10 minutes ago.

I'm not starting political talk but does any of the tafiffs in place hurt or effect the cruise industry?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

of course it does or my opinion is it does. I am not getting into politics either but don't like what has happened in the past few weeks. I do think the market, certainly the cruise stocks will be just fine in the long run. People posting these scare posts are not helping anyone.

I'm not starting political talk but does any of the tafiffs in place hurt or effect the cruise industry?

I believe stocks are down because of rising oil prices and that the strength in the U.S dollar.

of course it does or my opinion is it does. I am not getting into politics either but don't like what has happened in the past few weeks. I do think the market, certainly the cruise stocks will be just fine in the long run. People posting these scare posts are not helping anyone.

A carnival poop cruise or something similar would have an effect, but in the stock trading of nclh, a corporation that’s trading mainly with just a few big fellas, the stock prices have nothing to do with a few speculative postings on a travel website.

Most of nclh stock is institutionally held. Apollo selling off shares may have impact, but I doubt that even Andy Stewart or Frank Del Rio buying or selling off thousands of shares on a given day has an impact on the stock prices.

Nclh stocks don’t follow oil prices. I’m sure they hedge oil so perhaps it follows their hedges. Anymore it’s anyone’s guess what stocks in general will do on any given day. Crazy times for sure. Their prices also don’t follow usd. The usd isn’t particularly strong right now compared to recent years.

Edited by littlelulu01

They are just crashing the entire market and Cruise stocks are tangentially affected especially because as the tariffs take their toll on the economy/consumer confidence and consumer spending drops leisure stocks like cruise lines will see less demand. Hopefully cooler heads prevail (a lot to ask in this political environment) and everything is rolled back so we can avoid an escalating trade war.

They are just crashing the entire market and Cruise stocks are tangentially affected especially because as the tariffs take their toll on the economy/consumer confidence and consumer spending drops leisure stocks like cruise lines will see less demand. Hopefully cooler heads prevail (a lot to ask in this political environment) and everything is rolled back so we can avoid an escalating trade war.
Yup, agree with this.

i bought 100 shares @ $48 to get my $100 obc benefit and the stock kept going down to $47.50 :(

and I bought mine for $31 a share. I have no complaints, but I will say, buying to get 100.00 obc unless you cruise several times a year probably is not the best investment. OH, right now it is back up to $48. 80. Who knows what is next?

ahh.. carnival lowered it earnings guidance today, which spooked the cruising stocks in general.

rccl stock also tanked hard today.

RCL 105.39 -$6.16 -5.52%

NCLH 48.77 -$3.19 -6.14%

CCL 58.54 -$4.99 -7.85%

lets see if lower demand will be true for ncl.

i'll be looking out for increased last minute sales

We are thinking about purchasing some NCLH shares. Can we purchase 100 shares in my name and 100 shares in my wife's name and each get $100 OBC on our upcoming cruise? I looked on the NCL investors FAQ portion of their website and could not find the answer. Does anyone know?

We are thinking about purchasing some NCLH shares. Can we purchase 100 shares in my name and 100 shares in my wife's name and each get $100 OBC on our upcoming cruise? I looked on the NCL investors FAQ portion of their website and could not find the answer. Does anyone know?

Read the bottom of this link:

http://www.nclhltdinvestor.com/static-files/91699aad-cb30-4ff6-8e40-4dc290cb03b5

That's some small print on the bottom of the page. Thank you for answering my question. Not surprising that they are limiting it to one per stateroom. That being the case I will limit my purchase to 100 shares. I sure wish they paid a dividend.

I just read the terms (thinking about purchasing ). Only one credit can be taken per stateroom.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Pending trade war will drive up costs on everyday items. We have already seen a spike in material costs in my industry up to around 30% in the last two weeks. When the items people buy everyday end up costing more, they spend less on travel and items they don't need. Stocks of companies that primary source of income is from our disposable income always seem to get hit first. Easy answer: our government picking a fight with our main trading partners causing the stock market to start to correct. Easier answer... Stocks go up... then they come down. Some times too fast. :)

Hmmm don't know if i could have made that any less political?

Pending trade war will drive up costs on everyday items. We have already seen a spike in material costs in my industry up to around 30% in the last two weeks. When the items people buy everyday end up costing more, they spend less on travel and items they don't need. Stocks of companies that primary source of income is from our disposable income always seem to get hit first. Easy answer: our government picking a fight with our main trading partners causing the stock market to start to correct. Easier answer... Stocks go up... then they come down. Some times too fast. :)

Hmmm don't know if i could have made that any less political?

It's all bad and dumb, period. I fixed your post. [emoji16]

That's some small print on the bottom of the page. Thank you for answering my question. Not surprising that they are limiting it to one per stateroom. That being the case I will limit my purchase to 100 shares. I sure wish they paid a dividend.

don't we all, but I will take the $100 OBC.:halo:

don't we all, but I will take the $100 OBC.:halo:

Bought it when they went public, use it every cruise. A dividend would be awesome, but hey a hundred bucks is a hundred bucks. :halo:

Cost of fuel has increased almost 30%. Drive up their cost.

Exactly... oil prices rising means increased costs. Plus, non oil inflation also increasing.

Well, let's just study this. IFO380 fuel in Houston was $391/mt on May 4, and it is now $422/mt, so that is only a 7% increase.

Marine Gas Oil (MGO) in Houston was $643/mt on May 4, and is now $662/mt, so that is only a 3% increase.

The global averages for the top 20 bunker ports shows an identical change in prices for both products over the same time.

Add to this, the fact that cruise lines use bunker "futures" or buying blocks of bunker fuel at fixed prices in the future to slow down price swings, and there is virtually no change in fuel prices over this time period.

There is no direct correlation between either the price of crude oil or gasoline and the price of marine fuels.