Boarding Passes, Luggage Tags, etc.

WeissGal

New to cruising.

I understand that I will print out the boarding pass. Is this the same or separate from what I need to put on my luggage? I am planning to purchase some luggage tags for cruises.

I also understand that I have to take my boarding pass with me when I get on and off the ship. Again, is this a separate document If so, what is the best way to preserve it so it doesn't get wet, etc.?

Sorry I know these must seem like stupid questions but I have 7 people in my group and not one of us has been on a cruise. I am trying to keep us organized!

Thanks. I am not sure I know how to do that, this site has a lot of info and I find it very confusing. However, I am taking an Alaskan cruise on Holland American June 17th, if that helps.

The printed boarding pass is like your tickat to get on the ship. You will need that, plus proper identification. You will also print out luggage tags. These will have your name and cabin number on them so your luggage gets to the right place. You fold them up and put them on your luggage, but if you are flying to port wait til you get there to put them on. When you check in you will be issued a plastic card. This will be your room key, your onboard charge card, and your ship ID for getting off and on the ship

The printed boarding pass is like your tickat to get on the ship. You will need that, plus proper identification. You will also print out luggage tags. These will have your name and cabin number on them so your luggage gets to the right place. You fold them up and put them on your luggage, but if you are flying to port wait til you get there to put them on. When you check in you will be issued a plastic card. This will be your room key, your onboard charge card, and your ship ID for getting off and on the ship

Thank you! That is exactly what I wanted to know!!

Scroll up to the top, click on BOARDS HOME go to cruise lines A-O and click on Holland America. Go all the way to the bottom and click on NEW THREAD and ask your question. You can also go to BOARDS HOME, scroll all the way down to ROLL CALL find your cruise by your sail date and join the discussions or ask a question. happy cruising

New to cruising.

I understand that I will print out the boarding pass. Is this the same or separate from what I need to put on my luggage? I am planning to purchase some luggage tags for cruises.

You will have your luggage identification tags that you use when flying, When you get ready to go to the port, then you add your cruise ship luggage tags. Wouldn't hurt to put some identification inside the luggage also. For plane more than cruise.

You will NOT put your boarding pass on your luggage, nor will you need to bring it off and on the ship! It's simply your "E-ticket"...which you don't really need at all.

If you don't print luggage tags, the porters have PLENTY of real tags! If you don't print your boarding pass..no worries...they have your info and you can board without it.

All the stuff they ask you to do is "busy work"....something for you to do while you wait for your vacation. That's all.

Click here for the Holland forum.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=171

If you would like to ask any questions directly to those who are cruising with you, click here.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86

Find your ship's name and click on it, then scroll down and find the date of your cruise and click on it, that will take you to the Roll Call for your cruise, and you can ask away. :D

New to cruising.

I also understand that I have to take my boarding pass with me when I get on and off the ship. Again, is this a separate document If so, what is the best way to preserve it so it doesn't get wet, etc.?

Sorry I know these must seem like stupid questions but I have 7 people in my group and not one of us has been on a cruise. I am trying to keep us organized!

You really don't need to print anything. Take electronic copies of your documents, and get luggage tags from the porters at the pier.