Drinking straws

tiger-91

This is not just a cost cutting it is environmental most bars at home no longer offer them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not get ban plastic water bottles? Much greater impact on the environment.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Celebrity is talking about not using them on their ships. Not sure if it would impact passengers from brining them on, but I hope so.

Has NCL made an announcement I've missed? It would be much more effective for them to come out and announce their reasons.

Do the bars use cocktail picks for cherries ect. or umbrellas for "umbrella drinks"? I like my manhattan with some cherries on a pick.

Cherries, maybe, but they probably take the stems off, you know, fo the environment [emoji12]

Make sure the straw doesn't weigh more than your drink, or else you'll be wearing your frozen drink!

Might as well ask them to make your frozen drink into own own insulated sippy cup with a built in straw! [emoji12]

I want straws!!

I'm starting a movement for all of us plastic straw people.

#strawmetoo

Are straws, on NCL, going to be an issue like cigarettes were an issue in

One Flew over The Cuckoo's Nest?:p

What gives NCL the right to keep straws piled up behind the bar, and only give them out when they feel like it!

I will bring my own PLASTIC straws on my next cruise. Bags and bags of em!!

Let me guess you are going to make a scene passing them out and get tossed off the ship first port. :rolleyes:

Why not get ban plastic water bottles? Much greater impact on the environment.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They might eventually. But it's way easier to recycle plastic bottles over straws and straws are more easily consumed by marine life which are then killed or injured by it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I am going to bring a supply of straws on board and sell them like crack to the drinkers. Should be able to pay for at least one excursion that way. "Heh kid, the first straw is on me but you got to pay for the rest". By the end of the cruise I will be getting $10 a straw.

Might just get you enough cash to get you home if you get caught and get ejected. :evilsmile:;p

Might as well ask them to make your frozen drink into own own insulated sippy cup with a built in straw! [emoji12]

On my last three cruises, that is exactly what I did. Took a double walled insulated glass with me that I had originally purchased in the gift shop if the Breakaway, and had the bartender put my frozen drinks in that. They were more than happy to accomadate. The pool wait staff would take my glass to the bar each time. It was great, kept the drinks colder much longer in the hot southern Caribbean weather

They might eventually. But it's way easier to recycle plastic bottles over straws and straws are more easily consumed by marine life which are then killed or injured by it.

I wasn’t aware the ships were tossing the straws overboard.

Individual bottles of water need to be banned.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

s-l300.jpgOn our recent NCL Bliss cruise, DW Catherine just happened to bring along her

Royal Caribbean stir sticks.

Came in handy since sometimes a straw for stirring frozen drinks was not offered.

Be assured, she flaunted.:halo:

Just off a 2-day preview cruise on Bliss.

NO straws at the bars. Not even upon request. A couple times when I ordered a mango meltdown, bartenders told me up front there were no straws.

Often I had a mango moustache as a result!

There were straws available in Starbucks. Also, I got a milkshake at Coco's, and it came with - you guessed it - a big ol' plastic straw.

I wasn’t aware the ships were tossing the straws overboard.

Individual bottles of water need to be banned.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There's plenty of articles out there if you Google them on the impact of straws on marine life and how the straws get there if you believe the only way for them to get there is by throwing them overboard.