Is the July heat that bad in Grand Turk, HMC and Freeport?

LongHill44

99% of the time it would be too hot for me in the afternoons. Plan on the beach and tours in the a.m. if you can?

I lived in Boca Raton which is like 50 some miles from the Bahamas, where 2 of the ports you mentioned are located. There is a reason Boca has a lot of winter birds ... the summer is hot and humid. Its the humidy that gets to me. If you are in the water its ok. but i burn the bottom of my feet getting in the water to just walk so my feet are in the water.

Probably some will say the humidity doesnt bother them, but it would me. And I lived on the beach in Boca. I will say the trade winds near the ocean make it cooler by the ocean than inland.

Anyone cruise there during July?

Thoughts?

Well, I live in Florida, and the temperature is the same as on those islands. But I see you live in NY. So how do you feel about 90 - 93 degree days every day? I love it. But I also think 60 degrees is freezing.

Depends on where you are from. I lived in South FL for 25 years and now live in Texas, the heat of the Carribean will be a nice break from the 100+ summer days here in Austin.

We were in Key West last year in August and it was hot, sunny and muggy. I've lived in North Carolina all my life where this weekend in early May it is supposed to be 90. I was miserable in August in Key West. Our next stop was Cozumel and we stayed in the water the whole day.

The humidity is the main issue for most. A lot depends on what you are used to. If you live in the South, then you probably won’t notice much difference than July / August 90+ degrees with high humidity.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums